Author Topic: Authorization Application System  (Read 4606 times)

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Authorization Application System
« on: February 26, 2013, 04:32:13 PM »
As of the 9th of August 2012, users who post comments similar to "good rp, +support" or "seems op, - support" without any detailed justification are liable to be warned for a first offence and then banned for a second offence.

Half-Life 2 Roleplay authorization applications are here so that players who wish to have any special characters or abilities for their characters have the chance. Any non-basic knowledge or skills that you want your character to have requires an accepted application first.

All applications require proper spelling and grammar, and must be 100% in-canon. Applications must be realistic and sensible, meaning you may not apply for something such as the ability to fly. All applications will be reviewed by the HL2RP administration team and their opinions/questions will be posted in replies to your original application. After your application has received enough feedback, the super administrators will decide whether the application is accepted or denied. This process may take multiple days, and begging the administration team to review your application without giving them their own chance to review it will most likely result in denial.

Restrictions:
No authorizations will be given via authorization applications for be the following:
  • Stalkers
  • Any NPC besides headcrabs. Antlions and Zombies may be authorized as event only characters.
  • Any canon character - Alyx, Eli, Gordon, etc
  • Black Mesa employee/Black Mesa knowledge
  • SYNTH Units - hunters, striders, etc
  • V and m flags.
  • Any weapon besides shotguns, SMGs, and 9mm pistols. Melee weapons such as knives can be acquired ICly.
  • Special/Psychic powers
  • Anything related to the CCA/Combine
  • Characters under the age of 14

The following require either RoflWaffle or Kronic to approve due to the nature of them:
  • Resistance Group Leadership (must be an established group)
  • Vehicles (Jeeps, etc)

-You may NOT add new authorizations to an already published authorization application.

-A minimum post count of 10 is required before posting.

-Any authorization can be revoked by an admin or higher for abuse or failure to use it properly.

Apply Here!

THREAD WILL REMAIN UNLOCKED FOR A FEW DAYS TO GIVE PEOPLE THE CHANCE TO REPORT ANY BUGS OR ASK ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE NEW SYSTEM

Credits to RTLK any anyone else who took part in the original thread/system
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:02:45 AM by Kronic »

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Authorization Application System
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 08:56:34 PM »
What about abnormal human genetic mutations? I'm not talking stuff like x-men but for example there's a genetic mutation that causes the individual to have their heart on the right side of their body instead of the left. Things like that. I personally would leave it up to the individual as long as it doesn't contribute any positive 'strengths' to their character and was only there for individuality or for development.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 09:48:08 PM »
Minor mutations like that wouldn't be harmful so that's alright to apply for.

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 10:57:07 PM »
Coding doesn't work unless you edit the post after you submit it.

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 11:44:23 PM »
Perhaps for the child characters, just set an minimum age cap? For example, 15 or so. In the past/currently the child chars have worked out pretty good, although there have been minor bumps in the road. I honestly don't see how ALL 15-17 year olds just died, I mean it's not like they can't fend for themselves. I could totally understand an 8 year old, but at 15 you are fairly capable of a lot of things.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 12:21:14 AM »
There would've been children along with adults who were never processed into cities in areas such as the Ineu Mountans. It'd be entirely plausable IC for children to thus exist.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 12:56:47 AM »
There would've been children along with adults who were never processed into cities in areas such as the Ineu Mountans. It'd be entirely plausable IC for children to thus exist.
Was meant to be changed when this thread was remade

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 01:03:54 AM »
Child characters are a sensitive auth. Especially ones under 12. Players really need to know what theyre doing.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Authorization Application System
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 10:25:57 AM »
I updated the restrictions temporarily. They'll listed 100% correctly later today.

hello

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 12:34:51 PM »
Steam Name: [UHM]deadly sandwich
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Whenever I first purchased Garry's Mod, which was about a year.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Bout 4 to 5 months
Character Section

Authorization(s):
May I have a black mask and a voice changer authorization as i am a rebel and and some loyalists might recognise that im a rebel and tell the CP and ill get amputated i still need to co operate with cwu workers as i Like to icly get my supplies and food.

Name: Joe Billsworth

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
You notice this is the journal page day: 64
 I've been beaten in city 18 now from the CP finding out I have a wife, they made me watch her amputation. After that I couldn't take that city I got help by a anti citizen friend to escape city 18 I finally made it out spending months eating bugs slowly starving I soon realised I needed to find proper food and a shelter I ran to the closest city(city 17) as I arrived I saw there has been a resistance outbreak I found a cp about to Murder the rebel when i pushed the CP out the way and he got shot by a rebel after that I was trusted by the resistance and was given a black mask and a voice changer to  disguise myself from resistance.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 12:41:29 PM »
Steam Name: [UHM]deadly sandwich
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Whenever I first purchased Garry's Mod, which was about a year.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Bout 4 to 5 months
Character Section

Authorization(s):
May I have a black mask and a voice changer authorization as i am a rebel and and some loyalists might recognise that im a rebel and tell the CP and ill get amputated i still need to co operate with cwu workers as i Like to icly get my supplies and food.

Name: Joe Billsworth

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
You notice this is the journal page day: 64
 I've been beaten in city 18 now from the CP finding out I have a wife, they made me watch her amputation. After that I couldn't take that city I got help by a anti citizen friend to escape city 18 I finally made it out spending months eating bugs slowly starving I soon realised I needed to find proper food and a shelter I ran to the closest city(city 17) as I arrived I saw there has been a resistance outbreak I found a cp about to Murder the rebel when i pushed the CP out the way and he got shot by a rebel after that I was trusted by the resistance and was given a black mask and a voice changer to  disguise myself from resistance.

To make an auth app, please fill out the form here: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?action=form;n=3

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal