Author Topic: Purple & Black Screen (Maybe just my issue)  (Read 4210 times)

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Purple & Black Screen (Maybe just my issue)
« on: February 23, 2013, 02:33:06 PM »
So, yesterday I started up Gmod, and tried joining Outlands. I chose my character, and was greeted by a broad Purple & Black checkerboard.

I backed out to the main-menu, and found that all my workshop content had disappeared. Any attempts to download anything from the workshop don't work. This is probably just a problem I'm having myself, but still, it's preventing me from playing any form of HL2RP.
I'm a fag

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Purple & Black Screen (Maybe just my issue)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 04:42:35 PM »
To the workshop bug you have - I've encountered it myself yesterday, so did Kronic few hours ago. Restarting PC/Steam a couple of time fixed it, at least for me.
The purple-checkered screen is caused because Clockwork has "vignette" - some sort of overlay that makes the edges of your screen fancy by darkening them. It is full-screen overlay, and as you're missing it, it purple-checkers whole your screen.
Here, I extracted the Clockwork HL2RP workshop file for you, it should help as it contains the vignette material. Put the folder with "addon.txt" inside of it into your addons folder.
http://www.solidfiles.com/d/68d65e6dad/

Note to self - I will makes this download from FastDL so when Garry/Valve break workshop again, nobody gets this issue.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal