Author Topic: Richard Sherlock's Authorization Application  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Richard Sherlock's Authorization Application
« on: February 23, 2013, 11:23:24 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Dallas
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Since the days of late 2011
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: January 2012

Character Section

Authorization(s):
-A 25 inch Silver Latin Machete
-A leather sheathe for said machete
-To have survived the liberation of C45

Name: Richard Sherlock
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.

The ground beneath Sherlock's feet trembled. The fighters spilled from every corner of the plaza now, flooding Precinct One. Sherlock had managed to position himself by the monument, he and several others were providing covering fire as the fighters moved on the Nexus doors- Sherlock had no idea how they intended to get inside but it wasn't his concern, he was too focused on clearing the city first. Despite the losses in the battle, they had taken the Embassy and incapacitated a member of the Civil Authority high command. Now they were at the Union's door, the sweet taste of victory had Sherlock nearly salivating at the thought of it. The thought that the efforts of himself and many others wouldn't have been in vain.   

Sherlock cast a glance to the train station behind him, shifting himself so that he couldn't be flanked by fire; the doors swung open as an Overwatch Elite filed in, a flurry of bullets spraying the walls around him. The door was quickly sealed and no-doubt barricaded once more. Though the feeling of victory was elating, Sherlock wasn't one to let it cloud his judgement. The Union wouldn't let us take this city by any means... There was going to be a counter-attack or some kind of--

Dispatch interrupted Sherlock's train of thought:
"ALERT: NEXUS SINGULARITY CORE STATUS: UNSTABLE. ALL GROUND UNITS PROCEED WITH EVACUATION. SINGULARITY COLLAPSE IN: T-40 MINUTES."

Of course! Classic scorched earth policy! Why hadn't he seen that one coming. Sherlock vaulted the monument railing and made a dash for the sewer entrance through an old store. As noble as it would be to stay and fight, Sherlock had no intention of perishing in the name of a total stranger with night vision goggles, Third Eye or not. Richard clambered down the service ladder and pretended to look supportive as he gestured up a few more fighters, they filed past Sherlock in a hurry, eager to join the fight. Either they didn't hear the dispatch or they didn't care. Sherlock slung his two remaining molotovs into his backpack and headed into the dark, his flashlight providing a guide along the chaotic stormdrains. The sound of persistent battle raged above him, the walls around him continued to shake as the Nexus core continued its destabilization, Richard considered his options on how to get out of the city... There was no way he could escape the blast radius in forty minutes on foot and with the Civil Authority going autonomous all over the outer districts. He would have to get creative.

Once Sherlock reached the canals, a dispatch blared faintly; apparently the CCA caught on that the frequency was compromised. No matter, it was too late for both parties to do much about it. The liberation of City 45 was a short-lived affair indeed, it was only a few hours ago that Sherlock had gathered at the warehouse with the rest of the initial mob, now he was fleeing the city. Funny old world we live in.

Richard crawled through the bent canal grate and then continued on his way to a place deep enough underground and far enough away from the Nexus where he could wait out the blast. The dispatch echoed through the darkness; it was not the monotonous female this time however but rather a unit, probably one of quite some rank...

"Attention ground units. This is Section Leader 00621. If you are hearing this broadcast then you have missed the last evac available... Do not be disheartened and know that you will be remembered as heroes. Die knowing that your sacrifice was not in vain and that we will see to it that the orchestrators of this attack are brought to justice."

Sherlock kicked in a maintenance hatch, shining his torch frantically around the blackness in search of a place to stay; the room was a low dark nook with a couple empty rusted barrels being the only feature of the room.

"You have done the Universal Union a service..."

"And for that, we are grateful..." The dispatch cut off as a thunderous deep roar boomed from the Nexus. It had begun.
The sound of the core flaring up was deafening, the boom continued to shake the ground violently.

Richard sealed the hatch behind him, turning the lock with a clunk and clambering into position in the corner of the tiny room. The shockwave rippled forth as the core imploded then expanded rapidly, consuming the city in fire and plunging Sherlock into darkness.

Three days later

After a long and hazardous climb from the half-collapsed tunnels beneath the canals, Sherlock had journeyed through the outskirts of the city, along the canals of the city. The trip was eerily quiet; the sky was ablaze with the firestorms that raged from ground zero across the horizon, choking the air with a thick smoke. The ash drifted from the heavens as Sherlock drew closer to the Outlands, he had only seen a few refugees, they were all terrified and confused, survival was all people were focused on. Was this the great liberation the Third Eye promised?

Ineu Pass was a long way away and his usual route had been compromised due to the city exploding... An unforeseen event but Richard was sure it wouldn't completely hinder him. There could be another way there, perhaps if he made it to the forests then it would only be a matter of-- Something struck Sherlock in the back of the neck, he stumbled forwards, grunting once before a sharp gasp escaped him, a sudden pang of pain ran up his spine. Richard flung his hands back to his neck and tore the thing from his neck; it was a small cylinder with a sharp needle on the end of it, a small capsule was empty inside the cylinder. Sherlock's vision began to blur, his legs felt weak, his arms fell to his side- they were so heavy, his head swarmed with pain. Sherlock collapsed to the ground, a final gasp of air escaping him as a faint figure emerged from the distance and began to run to Sherlock's direction. Then once more, Sherlock was left in darkness.

Twenty-Eight hours later

Sherlock inhaled sharply as the ice cold water was dumped over him. He shook himself awake, his vision still impaired and his head spinning with agony. Sherlock tugged instinctively at the restraints, his joints ached in protest until he fell limp. Sherlock was chained to the wall of some kind of cellar; he was in the gaze of a blinding floodlight. Strangely enough, this didn't look like a Combine facility... Too dirty, not metal enough. Then a shadow stepped forwards, tossing an empty bucket back behind it, the figure then spoke in a cracked vocoded voice; it was now apparent that Sherlock's captor was Civil Protection.
"<:: Anti-citizen. You have been found guilty of level one contraband possession and many other crimes- all of which warrant--" The vocoder cut out, a male voice with a Scottish accent muffled from beneath the mask. "--amputation." The man then raised Sherlock's weapon up, displaying it as if to prove him guilty.

The unit couldn't have been more than an oh-three... A loose City 45 armband was strapped to his torn shoulder, it was soaked in blood. The unit winced with pain, he made a slight noise of discomfort as he shifted himself closer to Sherlock, his un-masked voice continued. "You will be executed immediately..." Richard looked up at the man, studying him over.
"Oh-Four, Three-Eight-Seven... Section Three of C45 District Two." Sherlock snapped quickly. The unit froze, turning to face Sherlock.
"Wh-What?" The unit exclaimed, taking a single step back.
"What's the matter, unit? Your armband tells me too much about you." Sherlock spat once on the ground, looking to the right to see his gear folded on the fringe of the shadows. "It also tells me that we could help each other out here."

The unit paused, looking into the dark and then back at Sherlock- who took his cue to continue. "Assuming you're alone, which by the state of this place and the lack of radio traffic on your frequency, you are and the fact you are unarmed, forgotten and have been left to die here by your superiors who are by this point dead or going to be shot for failure-" He took a breath. "--You may want to re-think shooting a man who can get you out of here safely."

The unit countered with. "I am armed--"
"With my gun." Sherlock replied, eyeing the 9mm still-on safety.
"I can still shoot you!"  387 snapped, raising the gun.
"But what's the point?! You'll be killed in a few days if you stay here."
387 pulled the trigger, the gun failed to fire. He then panicked and tossed the weapon on the ground, cursing loudly. He let a small sob escape his cracked mask as he turned towards the darkness.

"How long, Three-Eight-Seven? How long since you've received directives from high command? From your other units?" Sherlock jeered, 387 fixed his vocoder into place with a sharp hit.
"<:: Shut up! I'm in charge here!"
"Are you sure, unit?" Sherlock pried. "You are alone! All alone with no chance of rescue!" The unit grabbed his radio from his collar and spoke into it, his vocoder once again breaking up.
"I-I repeat! This is 387... I need evac! Anyone- respond!"

A silence confirmed Sherlock's words, the thought began to creep into the unit's mind. 387 cursed once more, he set off into the darkness only to return moments later carrying a large sheathed machete.
"Woah-woah-woah! Killing me won't solve this!" Sherlock protested, tugging at the restraints feebly.
"Neither will letting you live!" The unit shouted as he drew the blade; it's surface was soaked with dry blood, probably no more than a day old.
"Th-Think about it! I know the way out of here! There's a place I can take you to! Ineu Pass, it's real safe!" The unit paused again, Sherlock went on. "I know people who have dealt with identity before- we can make you literally drop off the database..." Sherlock swallowed once, his mouth was dry and his throat burned with pain, he waited for the unit's response. The response was what Sherlock wanted; the unit sighed loudly, he dropped the machete and set about releasing the shackles. The unit released Sherlock's right hand and then set about releasing his left, he said.
"If you can deliver... I'll let you liv--" Sherlock seized the unit's throat with his right hand as his left became free. Richard pushed the unit to the ground with a leg sweep.
"Not the best idea to leave my legs unrestrained..." Sherlock stepped on the unit's hand as it dived to the machete, Sherlock picked it up carefully by the handle. "Neither was un-shackling me." The unit sobbed again, the vocoder now jumping between words.
"P-P-Please! L-Let me live!" Sherlock shook his head.
"How many people have you killed, unit?"
"N-None I swear!" The unit lied, Sherlock plunged the machete into the unit's chest with a heave, blood spluttered through the splintered mask.

Sherlock gestured around the room with his left hand.
"You had to kill someone to get this? Did you even know their name?" The unit gave nothing but a gargled response as he tried to draw his last breaths of air. "I'd like to know your name. Your real name." Sherlock knelt by the unit and tore off his loosely clipped mask; the man was early twenties, military cut dark brown hair, his blue eyes were wide with fear, blood trickled from his mouth in rivulets.
"A...A-Angus." The man managed to say barely. Sherlock only stood up and nodded grimly. He tore the machete from the man's chest and started over to his gear, scooping up the sheathe as he set about preparing himself for the journey.

One week later

Ineu Pass was dust. How convenient. Overwatch must have finally realized just how badly the place needed cleansing. Sherlock had decided to backtrack his way north in search of a path that led to the rumored settlement of Ineu Valley- a place that was apparently newly settled and where most of the Pass had fled to before blowing up the road tunnel, how considerate of them. Not like these people were anything close to considerate anyway, it was rather apt they had blown it up. After many days of tedious travel, Richard finally reached the Valley, he had to clamber down a steep rocky path to get there but hopefully the safety of the valley would have been worth the journey. Perhaps now, Sherlock could continue his work without the prospect of being hunted by the CCA. That was certainly the last time I visit a city... He thought to himself as he set off towards the town. Though Sherlock knew that it was more than likely his circumstances would change rather soon.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-Machete: A large weapon which can be used for some practical things like cutting into things along with self-defense
-Sheathe: A handy way to store this rather large blade
-Surviving 45: Sherlock lives

Defects
-Machete: A close range weapon only, will need to be sharpened routinely
-Sheathe: Pretty much just a sheathe. No super special biolocks or some shit. Literally just a place to hold a blade.
-Surviving 45: If he comes back to a City then things will be incredibly difficult as there is probably lots of pictures of him armed in P1 and him blowing up the UCH despite the fact his face was covered the whole time.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to use these auths to continue Sherlock's story and add another means of defense for him to utilize in Outlands.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Nope.avi

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
Raged said I could use his unit for the dispatch.

Here is a reference image for the machete...
Spoiler for Hiden:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 12:20:03 PM by The 11th Doctor »

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Richard Sherlock's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 03:52:12 AM »
I've got no negative points against this authorization and it was sitting here for too long.
Unless anybody posts any valid negative objections within 48 hours, I will accept this.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:38:17 PM by Khub »

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 07:58:21 PM »
I give my support to Dallas and this app, a really long and detailed backstory which is completely overkill (in a good way) for what is asked for, so yeah, I have no negative points and give it my support.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 10:54:20 AM »
No problems here either. Since we now have the majority of the SA team ruling in acceptance for this, I'll go ahead and accept it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal