Author Topic: Airborne's Civilized Rant About The History of the CCA and Its Current Standing  (Read 10247 times)

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Back when I first got Commander, I was excited and said to myself "I'll do this, fix this, make this, this, this and this". Around about 3 weeks after that I tried to do the first thing on my list which was met with much denial. Once you get your first denial, you slowly begin to stop wanting to do things for the CCA. After around about being a CmD for 2 months, I was just sitting there doing nothing. You get a new SeC, you feel it's time for change, you repeat the process, eventually you're just sitting there again not feeling like you want to do anything. Happened 7 times for me. Once you reach the highest ranks, you feel like you must do more but then do nothing because you end up not caring anymore after some time has past.

That's why one lone individual at the tip of the pyramid doesn't work, you need to have layers-in-depth of intelligent, reasonable leaders
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:50:19 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Back when I first got Commander, I was excited and said to myself "I'll do this, fix this, make this, this, this and this". Around about 3 weeks after that I tried to do the first thing on my list which was met with much denial. Once you get your first denial, you slowly begin to stop wanting to do things for the CCA. After around about being a CmD for 2 months, I was just sitting there doing nothing. You get a new SeC, you feel it's time for change, you repeat the process, eventually you're just sitting there again not feeling like you want to do anything. Happened 7 times for me. Once you reach the highest ranks, you feel like you must do more but then do nothing because you end up not caring anymore after some time has past.

That's why one lone individual at the tip of the pyramid doesn't work, you need to have layers-in-depth of intelligent, reasonable leaders

Well put. When I was CmD, we had people with varying levels of intelligence (purple, satn as examples) that can (and did) result in a massive failure of the CCA. Even I did some things, which as I look back on them now, did absolutely nothing or ruined something for the CCA.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I didn't read everyone's reply before posting this, but I'd just like to say I'm not saying the CCA is currently shitty or that we need to change anything right now. I like how things are organized and I don't think anything needs to be changed just yet. One overall point I hope I got across is that the CCA being shit isn't usually because of the organization of it (with the exception of a few changes in the past), its because of the people that its made up of.

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Here's a quick comment before I forget it.

The CCA's always been a politics game between the high-ups and the disillusioned skeptics of the current system. The leaders always surround themselves in a bubble of ignorance which is only perpetuated by the apologetic buddies they listen to. As Machiavelli stated, incompetent leaders surround themselves with flatterers. Here's an example:

SeC: "Y'know, Division Leader buddy, the CCA's in disrepair. All these motherfucking units in these motherfucking high ranks. Nothing is getting done, and I've got a bunch of useless people in command positions."
DvL: "Y'know, Sectoral Commander buddy, who I will agree with to save my own skin if you do try some radical course of action, I agree completely! We should wipe all units, that'll fix this problem. But...uh, below DvL, okay? Teehee!"
SeC: "Yeah, alright! I'll pretend that your agreement reflects a majority agreement. Let's wipe everyone below you and put more apologists, who are more likely to agree with me, in positions of power."

*The SeC decides to wipe everything. The only ones hurt here are the backbone of the CCA, the 05-01s who worked hard for their ranks. The skeptics are not affected, as they do not often possess high ranks.

And, the skeptics often convey a poorly-developed criticism which only gives rise to the mob mentality that often congeals a bunch of naive people into a single mass of buttmad. A movement based solely off of the demagoguery of the skeptics and flaring emotions attempts to oust the current leaders of the CCA. Usually, evidence of a movement like this is manifested in a single mantra: "The CCA's utter shit, everything sucks, the end is nigh."

*The two misguided parties erupt into an all-out buttmad war (in its worst-case-scenario), and ultimately, the "reform" that appeals to elements of both sides is passed, and new leaders are sworn in. The reform is usually just a name-change and "reassignment" to appeal to the skeptic reformers, and a wipe to appeal to the current leaders.

And this cycle repeats, and repeats, and repeats. I call it the "CCA Cycle." After countless turns of this cursed wheel, one should notice that the CCA, in principle, is largely the same as it was two years ago. We've still got a sociostability, medical, and mechanical divisions. We've got a group of division leaders who exert power over the CCA. While we've got newer divisions like "internal affairs," the CCA now is the CCA then, and, as such, the variable that determines success from failure should be identified as the competency of the leaders, not the structure of the CCA itself. A competent Sectoral Commander should be able to manage the CCA and suppress the urge to engage in these stupid backroom politics that never turn the CCA onto the right path.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 09:26:52 PM by Burning Bullet »

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Here's a quick comment before I forget it.

The CCA's always been a politics game between the high-ups and the disillusioned skeptics of the current system. The leaders always surround themselves in a bubble of ignorance which is only perpetuated by the apologetic buddies they listen to. As Machiavelli stated, incompetent leaders surround themselves with flatterers. Here's an example:

SeC: "Y'know, Division Leader buddy, the CCA's in disrepair. All these motherfucking units in these motherfucking high ranks. Nothing is getting done, and I've got a bunch of useless people in command positions."
DvL: "Y'know, Sectoral Commander buddy, who I will agree with to save my own skin if you do try some radical course of action, I agree completely! We should wipe all units, that'll fix this problem. But...uh, below DvL, okay? Teehee!"
SeC: "Yeah, alright! I'll pretend that your agreement reflects a majority agreement. Let's wipe everyone below you and put more apologists, who are more likely to agree with me, in positions of power."

*The SeC decides to wipe everything. The only ones hurt here are the backbone of the CCA, the 05-01s who worked hard for their ranks. The skeptics are not affected, as they do not often possess high ranks.

And, the skeptics often convey a poorly-developed criticism which only gives rise to the mob mentality that often congeals a bunch of naive people into a single mass of buttmad. A movement based solely off of the demagoguery of the skeptics and flaring emotions attempts to oust the current leaders of the CCA. Usually, evidence of a movement like this is manifested in a single mantra: "The CCA's utter shit, everything sucks, the end is nigh."

*The two misguided parties erupt into an all-out buttmad war (in its worst-case-scenario), and ultimately, the "reform" that appeals to elements of both sides is passed, and new leaders are sworn in. The reform is usually just a name-change and "reassignment" to appeal to the skeptic reformers, and a wipe to appeal to the current leaders.

And this cycle repeats, and repeats, and repeats. I call it the "CCA Cycle." After countless turns of this cursed wheel, one should notice that the CCA, in principle, is largely the same as it was two years ago. We've still got a sociostability, medical, and mechanical divisions. We've got a group of division leaders who exert power over the CCA. While we've got newer divisions like "internal affairs," the CCA now is the CCA then, and, as such, the variable that determines success from failure should be identified as the competency of the leaders, not the structure of the CCA itself. A competent Sectoral Commander should be able to manage the CCA and suppress the urge to engage in these stupid backroom politics that never turn the CCA onto the right path.
the truth. seriously, stop with the fucking reforms. it's really really fucking stupid.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline ReDrUm?´´?´°

• RedFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
It seems like everyone here seems to be on the same page. If that's the case, then why did the "reform" even happen in the first place if everyone knew it was just another "CCA cycle"?

I mean, people tried to express their issues with this "reform", but every time they did they were just told that they were buttmad over losing their ranks.

C45.CCA.S4-OfC.280 | HEALTHY | Head of Section 4 Support
Rokus Relici | UNKNOWN | Standard P3 Criminal Scum
Kaylin Jacobs | HEALTHY | Accepted into the CWU

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
It seems like everyone here seems to be on the same page. If that's the case, then why did the "reform" even happen in the first place if everyone knew it was just another "CCA cycle"?

I mean, people tried to express their issues with this "reform", but every time they did they were just told that they were buttmad over losing their ranks.
which is a very good thing to be buttmad over. people shouldn't be just fuckin losing the shit they've worked for.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hate to say that what BB says is likely true.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I do have to agree. BB put it in the best way possible.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Well said bb. I change my opinion. Keep this system and dont do anything major to it. A couple tweaks here and there are fine but there really is no pure efficient dumb proof system. Just systems with people who have logic and are real leaders. Not some BS bromoted people.

Choosing high command should be similar to how we choose admins. Choose them based on their leadership qualities, not their skills in the trade. As in, if that medical cca unit can pound back 5 surgeries in a day well and rp well, it doesnt mean he can coordinate an entire team of medical professionals, let alone an entire division.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Choosing high command should be similar to how we choose admins. Choose them based on their leadership qualities, not their skills in the trade.

Anyone else really digging this idea?

5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Choosing high command should be similar to how we choose admins. Choose them based on their leadership qualities, not their skills in the trade.

It's up to section leaders to choose how they select their High Command, you cannot and you shouldn't force them into anything.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards

And don't promote people because "there's nobody else," this just causes more problems later.
o7

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards

It's up to section leaders to choose how they select their High Command, you cannot and you shouldn't force them into anything.

That is true, but there is a point where S0 or whichever person can intervene and say whoa whoa, hold up there, that person isnt exactly the best high command material.

Haven't read all of the thread and skimmed most of it but this is my thoughts:

Changing all the shit doesn't work in terms of fixing it.

The only way to fix things is change the high ranking people if they aren't up to par, as they make the decisions and in this community and CCA, changes(small-ish ones that steer the cca on the right path) need to be made frequently. Obviously, some people stay interested and active for a long time. But majority of people don't - they get bogged down by RL, get annoyed at being spammed by 40 odd people asking this and that for help because nobody follows the chain of command, and so on.

Im not attacking anyone as IMO the CCA is working well at the moment - but if the CCA isnt working, look at the high command first. a player reform wont help. A HC reform will. Its been done once before and it worked better than a player wipe.
what

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
By the way, one thing I still would like to be "reformed" in some form or another is the CCA handing over certain responsibilities to the CWU. This would allow the CWU to gradually assume more of a practical function on the server, as they currently don't do much.

For starters, I think if the CCA handed off responsibility to the CWU for assigning loyalist points and assigning wipe-the-window tasks, we would see a positive change on the server. The CCA could concentrate on law enforcement-type stuff, and the CWU would be one step closer to playing a key role in the everyday lives of citizen characters.
o7

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal