Author Topic: The Outlandish Guide to White Knights and Dark Knights  (Read 6303 times)

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Outlandish Guide to White Knights and Dark Knights
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 04:31:51 PM »
Grey knights are people who mainly jut stay out of everything, only siding with a group or general team if it applies to them somehow.

And guys, you don't have to be a 'white knight' or 'dark knight' or whatever. Any GOOD character should be able to shift through those categories depending on the situaton at hand. Their view on this kind of stuff should depend on a combination of their values, motives, resources, logical reasoning, feelings for the subject at hand, and what the subject actually is. No good character is going to run around going "im a white knight so im gonna run in guns blazing and saving everyone all the time!". That's an awful way of going about things, considering I highly doubt someone would realistically try and fight OTA to save a captured person that you might hate very much. And I also highly doubt that any 'dark knighted' character is going to completely abandon a close friend of their's purely for their own good.

tl;dr version: everyone needs to stop acting like they're either completely evil or super goodie awesome who comes to save the day whenever it's needed. Characters should have a  balance between these three areas raher than defining themsevles as the local superhero or the local villian.

This, this is what the guide is for. You're not super villians and you're not super heros. You're local "heros" or you're local "villians".

You can make your character how ever you want it to be made. This is just a guide you can follow if you want to take two different paths. You don't have to follow it if you want, but this is more for new RP'ers to follow if they need assistance so that later they can better develop themselves.

I hope you guys read the guide, as it states that Dark Knights/White Knights are not always Light/Dark. They can commit actions that are for the light intentions, but the dark's method and vice versa.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal