Author Topic: District Passes  (Read 12806 times)

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: District Passes
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 09:40:47 AM »
Perhaps the vort collars could be made to explode when passing through a hardpoint, still leaving a way to use severs/catwalks/climb over hardpoint.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 09:45:18 AM »
still leaving a way to use severs/catwalks/climb over hardpoint.

I would say don't even do that, last time I checked the applications give you a free vortigaunt as well as a conscript vort if I am not mistaken, if that is the case then we don't need more escaping, besides there is no way out of P1 that doesn't lead to a HAP.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 02:26:18 PM »
I'd only be okay with this because it'll finally force the addition of P3 spawns that I've been dying for.

Offline Star Rees

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 10:23:58 PM »
Like mentioned before I enjoy the idea of separating loyalists from any "criminal."
From personal experience on the new map, my Loyalist character can't go to any other street beside the one infront of the Nexus, and going towards the apartments is even a stretch past that. Once he gets out of the immediate vicinity of any CCA, it's a hunt and everyone is after him.
I can understand the small part of realism in the situation, but there's barely ANY loyalist characters that are even open about it, and everyone else tries to just kill them instead of mugging or even trying to talk 'em out of it.
Having a shield that'd stop those encounters when I'm not in the mood for a fight or any bullshit would be amazing, and I'm simply all for it.

But like someone said earlier, the main problem would be for the people who aren't loyalists, which want to progress and become such a thing. Without any real CCA patrols, they'd be stuck in the "P3" area and not have the access to try and attain such a thing.
I do hope that it isn't an actual P3 situation, and if you send something in on your request device, the CCA can actually go in. That's one way to really stop the problem, and make loyalist status a bit more difficult and sort of stealthy to attain. They'd need to be quiet when reporting other things and sort of just laying low, which wouldn't envelop someone into that awful "crime" roleplay.

Plain and simple, those selective doors are just fucking cool, and I want them.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 10:36:36 PM »
It should be common sense for players not to take their openly loyalist character into P3. A strict system shouldn't be necessary to protect loyalist characters. Players just need be smart and adapt. Stick to well-populated, Union-friendly areas or just ICly break the rules and hide your loyalist armband (if that's something your character might do). If the player isn't in the mood for a fight, then he should stay in an area where fights are rare and CPs are nearby to keep the peace.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:45:17 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 10:42:30 PM »
I think this is a good idea as long as it doesn't block off to
many places. If it blocks off an entire district then I think we should implement spawning in x district that you DC'ed in, as it would just make more sense.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2013, 10:49:25 PM »
i found something similar thats already coded

union lock that can be accessed by CP's and citizens who have a union keycard

http://forums.cloudsixteen.com/index.php?topic=983.0

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 12:23:18 AM »
Like mentioned before I enjoy the idea of separating loyalists from any "criminal."
From personal experience on the new map, my Loyalist character can't go to any other street beside the one infront of the Nexus, and going towards the apartments is even a stretch past that. Once he gets out of the immediate vicinity of any CCA, it's a hunt and everyone is after him.
I can understand the small part of realism in the situation, but there's barely ANY loyalist characters that are even open about it, and everyone else tries to just kill them instead of mugging or even trying to talk 'em out of it.
Having a shield that'd stop those encounters when I'm not in the mood for a fight or any bullshit would be amazing, and I'm simply all for it.

But like someone said earlier, the main problem would be for the people who aren't loyalists, which want to progress and become such a thing. Without any real CCA patrols, they'd be stuck in the "P3" area and not have the access to try and attain such a thing.
I do hope that it isn't an actual P3 situation, and if you send something in on your request device, the CCA can actually go in. That's one way to really stop the problem, and make loyalist status a bit more difficult and sort of stealthy to attain. They'd need to be quiet when reporting other things and sort of just laying low, which wouldn't envelop someone into that awful "crime" roleplay.

Plain and simple, those selective doors are just fucking cool, and I want them.
'hey why r u loyalist'
'union r the best'
all the loyalists don't even have secound thoughts as to if they're sure about bowing down to the union so no one bothers to talk them out of anything
one even got scorched in the showers by ota and high command with me
we asked him if he still liked the union still loved them
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 12:57:02 AM by Yak »

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 01:28:00 AM »
i found something similar thats already coded

union lock that can be accessed by CP's and citizens who have a union keycard

http://forums.cloudsixteen.com/index.php?topic=983.0

Now that I like, all we need now is to work out a way to use this in the P1 HAPs.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 02:05:59 AM »
I was thinking more for the UCH apartments and the shops in p1, that way non-loyalists can still enter the area they just can't access any of the stuff

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2013, 02:48:31 AM »
I think it would be better for the precincts to be restricted, that way there's actually a possibility of sneaking in.

It's impossible to sneak into a shop with one locked door, there's just no fun roleplay in that.
o7

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2013, 05:48:31 AM »
I think it would be better for the precincts to be restricted, that way there's actually a possibility of sneaking in.

It's impossible to sneak into a shop with one locked door, there's just no fun roleplay in that.

mug a loyalist and take his card and get access to the biolocks

they'd also be in blackmarket circulation so its not like they're loyalist exclusive

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2013, 10:12:39 AM »
This is a fantastic idea. I envision a City 17 where a citizen getting access to P1 and the nice Hotel in the area qualifies for bragging rights. To a Loyalist, P1 should be the upper-class, well-protected, crime-free area and should be seen as a reward for serving the Union well.

Bob: "Hey, Joe. I got in to Precinct One!"
Bob shows off his shiny new P1 pass.
Joe: "Darn, maybe if I get enough loyalist points, I can earn my way there too!"

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2013, 12:49:11 PM »
I agree. The whole "forbidden fruit" mentality would make for some interesting roleplay not only for the people that can't get in, but for the loyalists worried about every Larry Harry and Garry coming inward and threatening their new sanctuary.

If anybody here has played Fallout 3 and the Tenpenny Tower quest, I can see something like that developing, and I can't help but kinda feel excited for it, if it comes. I can see riots or attempted sabotage, or person-smuggling rings and black markets designed for getting people in.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2013, 12:59:37 PM »
This is a fantastic idea. I envision a City 17 where a citizen getting access to P1 and the nice Hotel in the area qualifies for bragging rights. To a Loyalist, P1 should be the upper-class, well-protected, crime-free area and should be seen as a reward for serving the Union well.

Bob: "Hey, Joe. I got in to Precinct One!"
Bob shows off his shiny new P1 pass.
Joe: "Darn, maybe if I get enough loyalist points, I can earn my way there too!"

With bragging rights comes eliteism. With eliteism comes jealousy. With jealousy comes murder. What causes the murder and supports the murder of Loyal Citizens? Webuls. And there could be a large spike/increase of them killing loyal citizens and taking their passes only to get inside these special sectors without having to be checked for points. The bad part is, they may even forget that they are webuls and might just become "Loyalist". So they would've destroyed someone's developed character only to have their cause abandoned, which is a monumental waste. You would never know if that loyalist could be the next Sectorial or he could be the next CWU Organizer, or the new face of the Anti-Citizens.

Yet, this could provide some fantastic RP if planned/used properly.

I mean, if you don't have a problem with any of that, then by all means this system should be used. I personally don't have a problem with any of that as it can be easily fixed and can possibly be stopped even before they get to plan it out. Maybe some units at a makeshift station outside of the nice Hotel that double check someone for points. And if a citizen some how gains this pass and has negative points or criminal status, he/she should be charged with a level 2-level 1 verdict, as it is impossible to tell if they stole it or if they killed someone for it.

BUT, it can be connected with the hunger mod and with the economic reset as these passes can enable access to extra rations and what not. The ration system can be operated via AI and citizens with these passes just enter it inside of some terminal at the entrance and out puts two extra rations. Then the pass is dropped at a drop box maybe located near the ration distribution box. And with the economic reset, it would be nice if Citizens with neutral status can just buy their passes. But it would cost a lot of tokens. Maybe around 10,000-15,000 tokens? 

P1 won't really provide much eliteism against the AC's and webuls as most anti-citizens and webuls stay out of P1 today and completely avoid it at all cost. But those with neutral status would like to explore it and would want to stay alive due to the new hunger mod. It all really depends on how they develop their character.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal