Author Topic: vortigaunt swep  (Read 4029 times)

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
vortigaunt swep
« on: January 13, 2013, 07:19:27 PM »
pretty self explanatory, rltk said he started one but i don't know if it was ever finished/implemented

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: vortigaunt swep
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 08:44:19 PM »
Will look into it and come back with another reply later. What should you be able to do?

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 09:17:49 PM »
I don't understand why this is needed when you could just "/me charges up his/her vortessence, unleashing it in a beam."  The only reason this could be useful is against NPCs, whenever there are any.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 10:23:13 PM »
I had heard that this was in the works since back when Outlands was on outer canals. As to the question "why do we need a swep", well, why do we need anything? Why do we need actual weapons ICly. Surely we can just have IC guns so prevent rdm. Only time anybody uses that is for NPCs....or when their in dangered. Vortessence swep would just be a neat treat. As to answer alex, the Vortessence swep I think should have a primary fire and alt fire. Primary fire simply launches the green lightning that does damage like the one for gmod12 and the alt fire I think should generate a simple green light that heals a target. Hopefully it's not too complicated.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 10:29:10 PM »
Will look into it and come back with another reply later. What should you be able to do?
Maybe they should be a cross between the common HL2RP hands SWEP, and the actual vortigaunt hands seen in Half-life: Decay.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.
This was how the vorti-claws looked in first person in Decay.
Being that, when the swep is in its lowered state (Being the citizen equivilent of not having fists raised, but being in an idle stance) the SWEP should function like the hands SWEP, being able to pick up and drop objects, stuff like that. When the vortigaunt holds R to raises their claws, (atleast in first person) it would function like the SWEP from Half-life: Decay, pressing the primary attack button would fire a bolt of energy, but with a slight delay because of charge up, and secondary fire would be a simple claw attack. Maybe a simple tap of R could be a heal beam/light that heals a target, as stated by Sexy Frog.

Just my two cents though, just doing a bit of spitballing.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 11:29:42 PM »
vortigaunt swep could be used in s2k fights when vortigaunts would otherwise sit there doing nothing besides doing /me's

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 12:03:45 AM »
Bump - I just feel this needs a little more attention since some of the other suggestions have been resolved.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 01:37:06 AM »
Bump - I just feel this needs a little more attention since some of the other suggestions have been resolved.
Don't necropost (yes, last reply 15 days ago).
Alexanderk said he'll look on it and send a reply later, be patient.
It's on todolist, ETA unknown.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal