Author Topic: Bomberman gamemode  (Read 2487 times)

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bomberman gamemode
« on: January 13, 2013, 12:32:17 PM »
This is a garry's mod gamemode called Bomberman which I made in about 24 hours. It's an arcade-like kind of gamemode, based on the old classic Bomberman flash games.
This gamemode was also running at CG for a weeks or so, but I don't have the motivation to polish the gamemode up.
The gamemode is currently playable, but it is more of a proof of concept and needs more polishing.

I'm releasing the gamemode publically and allowing anyone to modify it, as long as they give me credit for the original gamemode.

Download link: http://puu.sh/1Ng5z
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bomberman gamemode
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 12:57:34 PM »
Played it not to long ago when it was up. It's actually not bad when you have someone playing with you, besides the somewhat twitchy movement when you run into blocks. I think that you could make it fun if you added some skills or a store or something to give you a slight advantage over your opponent(s) while keeping it balanced. I wouldn't play that often but that's just me. I'm sure it wouldn't take much to make it fun.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 03:16:15 PM »
Try to release it on Facepunch. I'm sure somebody there can make something cool out of it :)
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Ninja??d

• Boston Celtics are awesome
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 05:53:11 PM »
Played something similar to bomber-man on a mini games server a few months back

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal