Author Topic: Vortigaunt Applications  (Read 9165 times)

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Vortigaunt Applications
« on: January 08, 2013, 05:59:27 PM »
Post your Vortigaunt applications in this thread!
If you haven't already read the Vortigaunt Application Information thread, do so here- http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=9243.0

Please note: If applying for more than one Vortigaunt in the same application, you must make two answers for the questions in "Character Information" and numbers 5 and 6 in "Tasks".

Player Information
Steam name:
Steam ID:
How long have you been roleplaying (any game)?
How long have you been playing serious Gmod RP?

Questions
Why do you want a Vortigaunt character? (1 paragraph minimum)
What do you envision yourself doing on your Vortigaunt character? (1 paragraph minimum)
Using your Vortigaunt character, how will you enhance the roleplay of those immediately around you? (1 paragraph minimum)
Using your Vortigaunt character, how will you enhance the roleplay of the server as a whole? (1 paragraph minimum)
Have you played a Vortigaunt character before? If so, state the community, length of time you had the character, and a description of roleplay situation that your character was involved in.
Will your Vortigaunt character take priority over your other hl2rp characters?

Character Information
Name:
Height:
Weight:
Description of physique:
Description of intellectual traits:
Description of personality:
Miscellaneous information:

Tasks
1.  Summarize the history of the Vortigaunt species (2 paragraphs minimum).
2.  Detail the advantages and limitations of Vortigaunt physical structure (2 paragraphs minimum).
3.  State what is known about Vortigaunt culture (1 paragraph minimum).
4.  In your own words, define the Vortessence and describe the nature of its relationship with Vortigaunts. (2 paragraphs minimum).
5.  Detail from a third-person standpoint how your Vortigaunt character would resolve the following scenario: Three angry rebels with weapons have cornered you inside the S6 XCCR and demand that you help them kill a loyalist citizen (2 paragraphs minimum).
6.  Detail from a third-person standpoint how your Vortigaunt character would resolve the following scenario: You have just observed a refugee trick a fellow refugee in a vastly unfair trading deal. The conman is about to escape with the unjustly-obtained goods.
7.  Create an original piece of writing which involves at least one Vortigaunt and at least two citizens. The scenario must include at least 30 lines of dialogue, of which at least 15 must be spoken by a Vortigaunt.

Extra notes:

Code: [Select]
[size=12pt][b][u]Player Information[/u][/b][/size]
[b]Steam name:[/b]
[b]Steam ID:[/b]
[b]How long have you been roleplaying (any game)?[/b]
[b]How long have you been playing serious Gmod RP?[/b]

[size=12pt][b][u]Questions[/u][/b][/size]
[b]Why do you want a Vortigaunt character? (1 paragraph minimum)[/b]
[b]What do you envision yourself doing on your Vortigaunt character? (1 paragraph minimum)[/b]
[b]Using your Vortigaunt character, how will you enhance the roleplay of those immediately around you? (1 paragraph minimum)[/b]
[b]Using your Vortigaunt character, how will you enhance the roleplay of the server as a whole? (1 paragraph minimum)[/b]
[b]Have you played as Vortigaunt character before? If so, state the community, length of time you had the character, and a description of roleplay situation that your character was involved in.[/b]
[b]Will your Vortigaunt character take priority over your other hl2rp characters?[/b]

[size=12pt][b][u]Character Information[/u][/b][/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Description of physique:[/b]
[b]Description of intellectual traits:[/b]
[b]Description of personality:[/b]
[b]Miscellaneous information:[/b]

[size=12pt][b][u]Tasks[/u][/b][/size]
[b]1.  Summarize the history of the Vortigaunt species (2 paragraphs minimum).[/b]
[b]2.  Detail the advantages and limitations of Vortigaunt physical structure (2 paragraphs minimum).[/b]
[b]3.  State what is known about Vortigaunt culture (1 paragraph minimum).[/b]
[b]4.  In your own words, define the Vortessence and describe the nature of its relationship with Vortigaunts. (3 paragraphs minimum).[/b]
[b]5.  Detail from a third-person standpoint how your Vortigaunt character would resolve the following scenario: Three angry rebels with weapons have cornered you inside the S6 XCCR and demand that you help them kill a loyalist citizen (2 paragraphs minimum).[/b]
[b]6.  Detail from a third-person standpoint how your Vortigaunt character would resolve the following scenario: You have just observed a refugee trick a fellow refugee in a vastly unfair trading deal. The conman is about to escape with the unjustly-obtained goods.
[b]7.  Create an original piece of writing which involves at least one Vortigaunt and at least two citizens. The scenario must include at least 30 lines of dialogue, of which at least 15 must be spoken by a Vortigaunt.

[b]Extra notes:[/b]

Special Thanks to YankeeSamurai for original application format.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 07:46:40 PM by Sexy Frog »

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Mr.Qman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Zai\\\'Lakei Vortigaunt application
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 11:49:53 PM »
Player Information
Steam name:Mr.Qman
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15341901
How long have you been roleplaying (any game)? Since I’ve had GMOD (4 years)
How long have you been playing serious Gmod RP?  March 28, 2012

Questions
When I first had my first character thinking of the possibilities I basically had a nerdgasm. I was so happy with the thought of having my own world to manipulate and have fun with, as I see role-play as a need and a thread each user having that sewing up a giant story, I was so overwhelmed with the idea of learning this new universe. When I got my unit it was twice that, so I’m thinking Vortigaunts. I really think I’d appreciate and have fun with the culture, and more depth in the storyline and maybe make a good impact on some things. So I really do think I can appreciate and have fun with the concept of role-playing Vortigaunts.
What do you envision yourself doing on your Vortigaunt character? (1 paragraph minimum)
I can see myself with my “Vort” being in a lone location flux shifting and thinking about Black Mesa and the person who saved his race from slavery and yet did so much damage to his race. Looking at the humans observing their behavior and how their most humanistic emotions can relate to hers, and how they can be irrelevant to how she is. Performing actions from the kindness of her heart or just being able to see a different wiser way in a conflict. I really like the culture of the Vortigaunts and their painful and depressing history and how it relates to the miserable rock they now stand on. I would really want my “vort” making a difference in how people act, and making it to a more agreeable and better on addressing who the real enemy is. I don’t see my “Vort” using her powers at every chance she gets, I would like to RP her trying her best to get better with her vortessence than just boom having it so her character development is better. I can see her talking in the language of her people communicating with another vortigaunt on the events and depressing stories, and the nice philosophy of things. Using her more intellectual and cunning culture as her weapon than her “laser beam” as I’ve heard some people call it. I also can see my character grieving over the loss of so many of her people, and the enslavement of her friends and kin.
Using your Vortigaunt character, how will you enhance the role-play of those immediately around you? (1 paragraph minimum)
When I am near a “Vort” the atmosphere seems tense, seemingly if you moved an inch wrong they’d smack you across the face, So what I want to do is give people a more reassuring feeling and a “helping hand” rather than running off having something more important to do which I’ve seen in mostly all my encounters. I want to a more link to Humanity and have my Vort try to see the right side of the story and not the colder one, showing them in depressing time relating to the storyline or and IC effect that just as they are talking is a symbolic way of hope. Showing Humanity is not alone in either the feelings of lost ones and their freedom, or day to day emotions. So using her more complex planning and intelligence to rather help and gain an ally, showing how things can be better if they work together rather than just slash them with a claw.
Using your Vortigaunt character, how will you enhance the role-play of the server as a whole? (1 paragraph minimum)
Well as the server goes on, it can get dull sometimes so just the presence and RP of my character would be able to enhance the feeling and atmosphere of things since I intend my character to sometimes reminisce about events. When the ratio is too low in some part I would like to be there to shift that giving a little more weight to the citizen side. I’d also love to inspire more people into doing better actions rather than devious and evil ones, helping character development to a more positive thing, and helping in a cooperative way to reach some sort of goal. I can also see my character having a more effect on the server with numbers on her side, and if let us say an event has developed maybe with permission a group of vortigaunt people can shift the odds. Really when you think about it and all sorts of scenarios just the presence of anyone can change anything in millions of ways.
Have you played as Vortigaunt character before? If so, state the community, length of time you had the character, and a description of role-play situation that your character
was involved in.

I have never had any other Vortigaunt character, I hope that it can start here.
I play 777 with good role-play and have fun, and candyman the same. But with this new experience I’m probably going to develop and try my new character more than the others, and get on when I feel the time is necessary for my other characters (Candyman, to many units not enough citizens) (777 To many citizens not enough units) Or some sort of event comes up that I am needed for.

Character Information
Name: Zai’Lakei
Height:5’7FT
Weight:180lbs
Description of physique:
Below good health, eating less, and very weak. Aged and cut with scars of laborious slave work, a darker olive green skin color, and a big red eye, claws seem to be less pointed than an average Vortigaunt, and a small grin with her sharper teeth
Description of intellectual traits:
Sapient and intellectual taking up more of her culture and less anarchy, with a more tactical planning in combat than physical and head on her sapient ways would help her during her depression, thinking that she has lost all that is dear to her and holds onto the little bit of memory she has
Description of personality:
Slightly depressed with the loss of her people, but shows a slow and calm demeanor, wanting nothing but freedom and peace. With a more pacifist outlook on things, rather than aggressive and chaotic. Does her best to be peaceful and share her friendlier outlook on things, seeing a better outcome in most situations than death.
Zai’Lakai’s vortessence is weaker than average, most of her aggressive and defensive things about her are more put into a more peaceful and smart way. I plan to have Zai build up character development to improve her vortessence

Tasks
Vortigaunts lived in most likely  peaceful and intellectual civilization but that changed when the Combine decided to slaughter them, and take slaves of them. After the events on their home-world they fled to a border world called Xen where they were enslaved by Nihilanth becoming a Xenotherium Subservilla or Xen slave, it would turn out that Nihilanth is actually a slave to another race that was never told. So during that time Nihilanth got orders from something, and gave orders to the Vortigaunts who were put into chains and collars that practically brainwashed them. During that time they were used as slave labor doing deadly deeds and using their bodies’ advantages. After couple of years in enslavement back down on Earth the resonance cascade occurred making a rift where Nihilanth saw that as a change to escape enslavement and invade Earth.
 When Vortigaunts were first set into Black Mesa they were greeted by Humanity with fear and steel crowbars. They had no control over this though and had one directive they could not ignore, invade and kill humans targeting Gordon Freeman specifically as Nihilanth saw him as the biggest threat. So when Gordon Freeman finished up and killed Nihilanth the Vortigaunts where set free, and then they saw the person who killed a good amount of Vortigaunts, as a messiah and use him as a beacon of hope. After being set free a lot of them were stuck on Earth and have banded together with the human led resistance, and small groups that have a bad intention of the Combine. Doing this vowing to one day overthrow the Combine whilst at the same time freeing their race and kin.
2.  Detail the advantages and limitations of Vortigaunt physical structure (2 paragraphs minimum).
Vortigaunts come with a very good amount of perks and defects. They have the power to manipulate vortessence which they believe is the fabric of the universe. They can use it to charge up an attack that would show up as a bolt of green electricity that has enough power to destroy an OTA commander if used well. They can resurrect nearly dead people, they can teleport, even stop time for a couple seconds. But those three powers can only be done with good numbers of Vortigaunts who have been taught how to use the vortessence well, and even with that they probably need an organic natural material from antilions which they actually have a skill of husbandry in.
Due to their anatomy they cannot run very fast, having an arched back. They are mammals and they have a way of communicating with each other through vortigeese that can only be heard with the correct auditory system Vortigaunts have. They also do have emotions like humans from kindness to anger to depression. So they have a lot of very neat traits about them, with their advanced culture but there must be a good amount of healthy vortigaunt to perform a lot of vortessence based things, even the bolt matters on health. This would mean a mental state as well, as of depression could make the charging of the bolt slower or more disruptive. They can also use a healing ability that is similar to the bolt discharge but requires singing whilst they do it to help channel vortessence energy.
Vortigaunts are very wise and an intellectual race who cherish Poetry, philosophy, and music. They are naturally kind hearted but some vortigaunts are meaner than others. Due to their history with slavery they look at “The free man” as a messiah, and they cherish their vortessence like it was a religion believing it is the fabric of the universe and it’s within a lot of things. Their lifespan is also very long which could lead to why they are so wise and their culture is so intellectual.
4.  In your own words, define the Vortessence and describe the nature of its relationship with Vortigaunts. (3 paragraphs minimum).
Vortessence is an essence within all being that assumingly from the Vortigaunts culture is the fabric of the universe and telling from its powers and abilities to beings who know how to manipulate it, it is a very cherished and dangerous thing. Some vortigaunts look at it as a weapon, as others can look at it as a religion. Vortessence is a type of energy that seems to be a more electrical one than any other and is an incredibly powerful thing which is taught to by other vortigaunts and once it is learned it is bound to you. It is a gift that is taught and delicately used in many processes of a Vortigaunt that chooses to manipulate its life. Having such ability would mean life and death to some people, Its powers can stop the process of time its self, or bring back a fallen ally, or even teleport in good numbers. Showing that it has immense power and is strong enough to blast down a wall.
So what does all of that mean? It means that vortessence isn’t a thing that would be plopped into the hands of a foolhardy person, it is a thing that has a meaning that would be equivalent to life, a resource more important than any fuel you have seen, and has the power of a cannon pulsing down a corridor. It’s an energy that would change someone’s life if they had the chance to wield it and is something that must be exercised and used with caution. To vortigaunts I would imagine that it is a responsibility and something that should never be abused. Instead it should be used for the usage of good, and the ability to prevent evils and bad things from happening. It can be looked on from a Vortigaunt’s perspective as power, or as good.
To humans it would be like the power to wield the sun without hurting yourself, or the power of god to help a person in need. Vortessence being believed to be the fabric of what everything is made of and that connects everything as a whole is something that could be worshiped and taken into study with the ability to be at peace with yourself knowing that vortessence can protect you, and it can protect others from danger in the right hands. Having the choice to meditate and strengthen it as a responsibility for later uses like holding someone’s life and death in a couple of hands is a flabbergasting and amazing thing to witness, so to vortigaunts I would image it being an amazing feeling and accomplishing feeling when you obtain it’s power. So in the end it is looked down upon by either it being a weapon, or it being something greater, something more important, and something much more fantastic.
5.  Detail from a third-person standpoint how your Vortigaunt character would resolve the following scenario: Three angry rebels with weapons have cornered you inside the S6 XCCR and demand that you help them kill a loyalist citizen (2 paragraphs minimum).
Zai’Lakei shakes her head, talking to the men, telling them about how things could be better and how the loyalist is not getting a good picture on how things really are. She is threatened more and more as she denies it, telling them that good can be gained if the loyalist was in order to listen, and learned that the CCA is not the way to go. They could have a potential ally rather than suspicion CCA is better. Zai’Lakei continues to talk about how things could work on their behalf and that killing an innocent person who has done no harm to anyone’s life could be spared. One of the men does not want to hear it and aims his weapon upwards as she begins to channel her vortessence, with no intention to harm the man.
The other men raise their weapons ready to fire as Zai’Lakei aims her vortessence to a light (Assuming there is a light, or some object to throw them off) as she moves away from the point of fire. Zai’Lakei continues to give the men a chance on offering how they can make things better. Scenario A.) they accept, Zai’Lakei would smile with happiness telling them that nothing is to be gained through death but mourning and trouble. As they understand. Scenario B.) they do not accept still and now are attempting to kill her ,Zai’Lakei runs to a covering area humming with her vortessence channeling as she throws the beam of electricity to the man in front of the other, making him fall into one’s line of sight. As they stop firing looking to the man,
having to reload as Zai’Lakei expresses that this is the grief and sorrow she wishes to prevent. Scenario C.) they stop in understanding and she would call out to nearby kin in attempt to revive the man. Scenario D.) they are enraged and want nothing but death Zai’Lakei would continue to defend her-self, suffering wounds but fending the men off.

6.  Detail from a third-person standpoint how your Vortigaunt character would resolve the following scenario: You have just observed a refugee trick a fellow refugee in a vastly unfair trading deal. The conman is about to escape with the unjustly-obtained goods.
Assuming that Zai’Lakei is a distance away from him, she would use her flux shifting to grab the attention of the man, if that didn’t work position herself near an advantage and fire off a beam to stop him. If the man is stopped she would tell him of how his wrong doings can seriously affect the man and that he should return the fair amount of items, and in return he would be able to make an ally who can support him when needed, and if needed give him currency. If he agrees and goes back to the man, Zai’Lakei would continue her way, if it did not work Zai’Lakei would call out to the other man, as the other man approaches she would explain the situation the best she can, and let the two argue over it. When the two continue to argue she would intervene and make a point saying “Is it really worth it?” Asking him if the money is really worth it, as he explains himself the two begin to understand each other and their situations. If the argument was to get physical Zai’Lakei would step in, doing an intimidating screech or shoving them apart.
She would explain the actions of the Conman are wrong and it can be better if he returns the things, being more on the side of the man who was conned. If the man continues to deny and eventually run away, zai’lakei would walk with the man, telling him of people better off helping him, giving the man anything she could spare if possible doing her best to make sure he can be left in better hands. If the man was to not get away and finally just give up and come to an agreement, Zai would be happy and ensure the man does not lie for greed again. Zai’Lakei would try her best to be the least aggressive as possible, doing her best to make sure they can see a direction they can both agree on.

7.  Create an original piece of writing which involves at least one Vortigaunt and at least two citizens. The scenario must include at least 30 lines of dialogue, of which at least 15 must be spoken by a Vortigaunt.

Zai’Lakei stands silently in the room, as two citizens approach in, she shakes her head sideways, giving a small grin on her mouth and blinking her eye two times.
Citizen 1 jumps slightly at the sight of the alien creature
Citizen 2 gives out a small wave as his friend jumps back
Zai’Lakei says: Does this one presume to be frightening?
Citizen 1 says: Oh no, it’s completely fine it’s just, I do not like your eyes sometimes.
Citizen 2 frowns at her friend saying “Well that isn’t very nice to say to a being who can destroy you in two seconds.”
Zai’Lakei says “This one means no harm to others,”
Citizen 2 says :Right sorry.”
In walks another man, covering his face sitting down at a counter
Zai’Lakei Looks at the man, giving out a deep continues humming sounds
Citizen 1 says “Could you be quieter I have a horrible headache.”
Zai’Lakei stops, saying “This one does not intend to hurt.”
The mysterious man in the room approaches citizen 2 from behind slowly
Zai’Lakei Watches this action, her eye squinting some
Mysterious man brings out a knife smiling and maniacally giggling bringing it around citizen 2’s neck
Zai’Lakei goes into a defensive stance, angry as she says “Do not inflict harm upon the innocent.” She says before citizen 1 angry, move to tackle the man
Mysterious man falls slicing citizen 2’s back falling down, making a deep cut as the citizen falls to the ground screaming
Zai’Lakei moves to the mysterious man, seeing him and citizen 1 are fighting, citizen 1 doing a good job fending him off bends down grabbing citizen 2’s shirt dragging her to the other side of the room as citizen 1 falls off of him, the man about to kill him
Zai’Lakei hums channeling energy, green orbs are seen from her hands as a lightning like effect places around her hands, moving to the mysterious man’s leg hitting it as he falls down screaming and yelling in pain saying “Do not kill him.”
Citizen 1 would ignore her as he takes the knife stabbing him in the chest twice before Zai’Lakei can move to grab him arm stopping him as the man slowly dies from punctures.
Zai’Lakei says “Let this one rest internally, we must attend to your friend,”
Citizen 1 breathing heavily and thinking about what he does nods and rushes over to his friend scared he says “What are we gunna’ do what are we gunna’ do.”
Zai’Lakei says “Do not panic this one can help.”
Citizen 2 breaths rapidly as she doesn’t move too much in pain
Zai’Lakei Hums as if she was singing as a light green orb appears from her hands, as she joins them together looking up with her eyes closed, bringing the light over her wound as she hums louder, then speaking in votergeese “Taaar, Chur lung gong chella gurr..”
Citizen 2’s breathing calms as she winces some
Zai’Lakei takes her hand away after about a minute of healing the room no longer being illuminated by a light green orb.
Zai’Lakei Stands up more straight, walking over to the corpse throwing it over her shoulder struggling some “This one will dispose of the murderer.”
Citizen 1 laughing some from the act nods saying okay
Zai’Lakei “ Do not result to killing, it is wrong and does nothing but scar you. Instead reflect upon how you can settle things in a better way.” She says before climbing the stairs going out to place the body in the canals, after digging some..
Zai’Lakei says “So much life thrown away, corruptness tainting ones who could be better.”
Zai’Lakei Shakes her head clasping her claws together humming the tune she was originally in the bar, as last respect of the dead.
Zai’Lakei walks away bringing her slouched back up some, shaking her neck going back down to the bar
Citizen 1 is seen holding Citizen 2
Zai’Lakei Watches as she observes the human’s affection, thinking of her past before silently leaving once more.
Zai’Lakei Has a more depressed look upon her face as she looks up into the night sky humming some, walking away reflecting upon her history, and the events that just spiraled.

Extra notes:
Zai’Lakei would be my first Vortigaunt character if this works, I would be very proud and happy to RP something with very unique history and culture. Rp’ing the sacred bond between Zai’Lakei and her small amount of vortessence powers. And having no goal but to put people on a better path until she can react with her fellow people. I’d love to RP the depressing feelings of so many lost people, and trying to understand humanity from something so close to each other.
Oh and sorry if this wasn't the right place to post.

Post Auto-Merged: January 14, 2013, 08:29:39 AM
Something about the age of my Vortigaunt, knowing that they live 500 years of age and everything 87 seems like a 9 year old in human-to-"Vort" years. So that'd interfere with the entire, more tactical and wise over aggresive and such, so i'd like to change it but I won't without some sort of all clear.

Denied - Okay, I won't lie to you, I was impressed. Almost everything about you application was outstanding. I was liking the amount of information you put in the informational questions and what not and you had good vocabulary. A couple spelling errors but nothing major. Where things got really shaky was on your RP example. The examples you provided were mediocre at best and I know you can do better. You have the basics of Vortigaunt speaking but i recommend using more advanced words for instance, where you said you could help the guy who got hurt you could have been like-
"Worry not, this one is fully capable of lending aid to the Human."
Or something of the like. So just resubmit in a week with a better rp example.

Post Auto-Merged: January 14, 2013, 05:26:01 PM
Alright thanks for your output and guidance
The thing I hate most about applications are if they ask for scenarios
My Rp is very stale and boring with a real respondent but ill try to be more in depth next Monday
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:50:32 AM by CG-Qman »

Offline ticky toe

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Vortigaunt Applications
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 07:31:28 PM »
Steam name: [BRO] Ticky Toe [BRO]
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:30516509
How long have you been roleplaying (any game)?
Sense about the age of 8, I have always enjoyed RP games. The elderscrolls being one of my first and favorite! :D

How long have you been playing serious Gmod RP?
Ever sense I've had it. (about 2 or 3 years.)

Questions
 I have always loved the vortigaunts (In reference to skyrim, they seem pretty similar to the khajiit). I would say they are my favorite race of HL2. Ever sense I first saw a vort in HL2RP, I have wanted to become one. I've also thought of what it would be like to be a vortigaunt. So many new possibilities, compared to the life of a citizen. To always want freedom, but never being able to do anything at all about it. To go from one bad government to the next.

I would obey the combine's very command, but would be secretly contacting the rebellion (If there is one present). I would barely be able to contact them through the combine's strict grasp. Eventually, I attempt to escape from the city and into the wilds with a few rebels. This would fail, and would be punished greatly.

Using your Vortigaunt character, how will you enhance the roleplay of those immediately around you? (1 paragraph minimum)
 To them, I am either a monstrosity, Or a friendly face. Either way, I try my best to get on their good side, while also staying away from danger. Due to the fact that if I talk to anyone, I get punished... It would be an interesting relationship to have. The both of us would have to converse quickly, and quietly.
Using your Vortigaunt character, how will you enhance the roleplay of the server as a whole? (1 paragraph minimum)
 HL2RP, is obviously not a fast paced kind of thing. I would enhance those long, dragging moments by sharing stories of escaping Xen and how careful I have to be aroudn the combine, and other stories. This could do a number of things: Inspire someone to do something, (Unless it was a bad idea, of course.) keep someone from making a bad choice, or lighten the mood. (sometimes darken it.)

Have you played a Vortigaunt character before? If so, state the community, length of time you had the character, and a description of role play situation that your character was involved in.
Sadly, no. *sad panda*

More than likely yes, I would be having such a good time being in a different genre of character, that I wouldn't go to my citizen character's much.

Character Information
Name: Ki' Rumsh
Height: 5'4
Weight: 174 lb.
Description of physique: Weak and scrawny
Description of intellectual traits: he is conscientiousness, making mostly good decisions. He tries to hide is depression
Description of personality: Calm, peaceful nature. Remains quite for the most part, not to draw to much attention.
Miscellaneous information: Strong in the vortessence, he uses his knowledge to make the best choice in a crisis or tough decision.

Tasks
 The Vortigaunts were a peaceful group, they tended not to get into other's affairs. When they were attacked in Xen by the combine, the remaining survivors fled and went into hiding. Years after, the Black Mesa incident just now began to occur. The Nihilanth (their master) sent them to escape through the opening portals to Earth. They all began to pour into Black Mesa, killing the unknown people.
 Soon after the invasion, Gordon Freeman killed the Nihilanth, forcing the Vortigaunts to go back into hiding. The combine later invaded Earth, Causing the vorts to accept their master's defeat, and join the rebellion to overthrow the combine.

They can call on their gifted vortessence for a number of things: Teleportation of short distances, to zap their enemies into oblivion, stop  time for a few seconds, and can heal a great amount of damage dealt to said person.
  Most of their disadvantages come from their odd structure. The hunched back and "backwards legs" make it hard for them to run quickly, having to rely more on their wits. Most vorts rely greatly on the vortessence, if one is weakened in the vortessence, they suffer greatly.

They are a peaceful kind, trying their best to stay out of the matters of others. The vorts all have a strong connection to each other, even if they are complete strangers to one another. Most of them live in isolation, attempting to stay hidden. The most of them are extremely intelligent and excel in the arts of poetry and literature.

4.  In your own words, define the Vortessence and describe the nature of its relationship with Vortigaunts. (2 paragraphs minimum).
  The Vortessence is a sort of glue between the vortigaunts. It holds them together and is their most valuable asset. They ise the vortessence in every-day matters. It sends them into a deeper state of mind, allowing them to concentrate more and aid them when in need. Upon entering the vortessence, the vortigaunt will turn a Neon purple, and it's powers will increase (such as them healing or thinking of a way to escape a deadly situation). If not for the vortessence, most vortigaunts would become split apart, and sent into a state of extreme confusion.

The vortigaunt, looking around at the rebels, grows weary, and thinks of a way to solve the issue. "Well, what is it going to be?" The rebel in the middle shouts out. Calmy, the vortigaunt begins to speak, " This one would recommend not to shoot, as it would cause disruption. Many combine would flee the area."
 "Your mind tricks won't work with us, vort." The woman at the end tells the vort. The vortigaunt looks at the woman, and begins once more to talk them out of it, " Even if I were to agree to assist you in the harming of the loyalist, I could not do much. For I am bound within these chainsss. In this state of form, I am restricted as to what I am able to do." The vort points to the embarrassing cuffs aroudn his wrists. The woman turns to the men, "He may have a point there guys, lets ju-" Interrupting, the man in front begins to speak, "Are you crazy? He will report us to the combine. We have to kill him." The woman angrily shouts back to the man, " He wants freedom just as much as we do, theres no reason to kill him." The man becomes frustrated and aims his SMG at the woman. "I'd recommend that you be quite, or I'll shoot the both of ya!" Frightened, the woman drops her gun, and it misfires, hitting the middle man in the leg. "Well great, every CP unit withing miles could've heard that!" The man shouts at her. The vortigaunt sees this as a chance to sneak away, and so he quickly attempts to flee the arguing rebels. Once in a safe place, he observers Overwatch soldiers kill the rebels.

The vortigaunt briefly looks up, stopping his sweeping, and sees the man walking off with the flashlight and 9mm. ammunition. Quickly taking a look around, he walks up to the conman. "It would be wise of this one to pay the merchant equally for the goods." The vortigaunt says, looking at the items. "What do you care, it doesn't concern you." The man replies back, attempting to shove the vort aside. Pushing the man's arm back at him, he quickly replies, "As a matter of fact, it doess." The vortigaunt hisses, glaring at the man. "I don't have time for you!" He spits to the vortigaunt. Tripping the man as he tries to walk by, the vortigaunt notices the merchant approaching. "Is uhh, something wrong here?" He inquires to me, confused. "Sure as hell is-" The man stutters, before the vort places his foot on him. "I believe this one cheated you out of a deal." The vort replies, reaching for the scammed items. " What do you mean?" The merchant asks, accepting the items the vort hands to him. "It was an unfair trade. I advise to this one that he leaves now before the man can play his trickery once more." The vort says, letting the man up. "Thanks!" The merchant says, jogging away from the man.

Grabbing the broom, the vortigaunt slowly begins to sweep the floor of the 45th apartments.
Woman: "Wow... a vort is in the forty-fifths!" a woman exclaims from the lounge.
The vortigaunt sighs and continues to sweep.
Seeing the woman approach, he looks up at her.
Woman: "Hey, whats your name?" The woman asks with an eager face.
Vortigaunt: "This one is quite rash to greet me." He returns, begging to sweep again.
Woman: "Sorry, its just that... I've never met a vortigaunt, and have read a lot about them" She says with a gloomy face.
Vortigaunt: " I did not intend on hurting this one's feelings. But you are unfamiliar to the feeling of being different from everyone else." He replies with a long face.
Overhearing the conversation, a man walks down from the stairs and greets the woman.
Man: "Who's your friend here?" The man asks, pointing to me.
Vort: "I am Ki' Rumsh. Nothing more than a lonely vortigaunt who now only finds time for-" Rumsh is cut off mid-sentence by the Metrocop walking into the apartments.
MPF: "Isolate!" The two citizens slowly walk away, their faces peering back at the vort.
Rumsh: "This one apologizes for getting off task." Rumsh says, with a frightened face.
MPF: Pointing in the direction of the Nexus, tells the vort to move it.
Rumsh: Heads to the nexus, afraid of what his punishment will be.
Man and woman: The man and woman approcah the vort
Rumsh: "I would advise that these ones do not converse with me." The vort says, looking back at the disapproving MPF.
Man: "What an asshole." The man chuckles to the vort.
Rumsh: Continues to move forward, and avoids eye-contact. "Its is unwise to use such a manner of language."
Woman: "He's right you know... " She says to the man with a worried look.
Almost at the Nexus doors, a loud gunshot is heard, followed by the sound of a crash.
Man: "What... was that?" He wonders aloud, scanning the skies along with the woman.
Rumsh: Using his keen hearing, he walks to the theater, where a busted gunship lies, surrounded by cheering and confused citizens.
Overwatch soldiers storm all the surrounding buildings, searching for the responsible rebel. Terror strikes loose as overwatch fires into the crowd, causing the citizens to flee.
Man: "Run!" He screams, holding onto the woman, guiding her with him.
Rumsh: running as fast as he can, he makes into the CHANGE store with the man and woman (and a few other fleeing citizens.
A citizen walks into the middle of the crowd and fires a revolver into the air. Everyone jumps, then directs their attention to the citizen.
Rebel: Pulling a resistance beanie from his pocket, he puts it on and begins to talk, "We have suffered long enough from the grasp of the combine. Our wives, husbands, children, neighbors, everyone, has been abused and tortured through the years. Today that will all end. We will take back our homes and restore peace to our wondeful nation! Today will be marked down in history, as the day the uprising began!" Everyone looks to the rebel, some cheering, some looking in disgust, and the rest confused.
Rumsh: Begins to grin, but is stopped short of his happiness when he realizes the horrible truth. There is no end to this. Another false uprising begins, only to be struck down by striders, gunships, and the OTAs. He begins to speak without thought, "I have longed for a day where my freedom will become a living dream. Bahh-voo'chackt, this will only result in the death of many." The crowd stares at the vort, disheartened and crushed.
Everyone watches as the vort walks out into the mayhem on the streets.
Rumsh: "If you had wish to follow, this one plans to escape while the combine are in a confused state of mind." Rumsh says as he quickly runs into the distance. Many follow after him, including the rebel.
Despite their effort, many are killed, the rest captured and sent to a long sentence in Nova Prospect.

Extra notes:
Rumsh is fluent in both Vortanease and english.

DENIED - The number one reason you got denied was the fact that you obviously didn't read the Vortigaunt application information thread. http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=9243.0 which clearly states that you MUST] have atleast 20 constructive forums posts before thinking of applying.

Secondly, after skimming over your application, which I actually read some of your Vortigaunt RP examples, I'd say your RP is about average but your speech pattern with a Vortigaunt is rather poor. Vortigaunts do not refer to themselves in first person, so the use of I, me, and other first person pronouns. Vortigaunts typically refer to themselves in third person such as: This one, or (insert vort name here), or we.

Please work on this and reapply after you've gained some posts.

Thank you for the constructive criticism, and yes. I realized I didn't meet the requirements before I even posted this. I was just wanting to know what I needed to mainly work on when I did.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 08:34:02 PM by ticky toe »

Offline Mr. Busch

• #Bluesquad
    #2Termz
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 08:38:10 PM »
Player Information
Steam name: Mr.Twinkletoes
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24596078
How long have you been roleplaying (any game)? 5 Years
How long have you been playing serious Gmod RP? 4-ish Years

Questions
When I first joined the server, on the outlands, I met a vort (forgot the name even though he or she left an impression on me, lol). We talked for a while then it proceeded to "take me in" per-say. It lead me around, he pointed out places, he showed me the map, and he also talked about people I should talk to or stay away from. Ever since then, I've wanted to have and be like that Vortigaunt. I want to leave an impression on people and make memorable RP that people will cherish. That's the main reason behind why I want a Vortigaunt. Secondly want a Vortigaunt character because of two words, role play. After a while of doing the same thing over and over again it gets quite boring rather quick. And once that happens you need to switch it up a bit. A Vortigaunt character seems like a nice way to do so. It interests me, it’s something new, and I want to give it a shot.
Truthfully, I mostly see myself using the conscript a lot. It will also give me a chance to do some cleaning RP, and say what you will but I kind of like cleaning RP. I also like the idea of being treated like trash by people whose "above you" even when you nice, kind, and docile. This attracts a lot of my interests and I have no clue why but it does fascinate me. I don't really have a clue as to what I would be doing on my free Vortigaunt, specifically. I would most likely be roaming around the map due to his fascination with the wilderness. I would also stop and checking on citizens or helping anyone that required it like the rest of the Vortigaunts.
Using your Vortigaunt character, how will you enhance the role play of those immediately around you? (1 paragraph minimum)
As I stated above, I would take people in like the Vortigaunt who took me in. I would show them around, whom to talk to, whom to stay away from, protect him from any possible assailants, and just give him a memorable experience. All Vortigaunts are friendly, talkative, and social creatures and my Vortigaunt will be no different. He will walk around, willing to help anyone who required it or lend a helping hand to any damsel in distress, whether it is male or female. I would be using more hand gestures, to differ myself from other Vortigaunt but I will be similar to most of the other Vortigaunts but I will put my own sort of spin and flavor to my personal Vortigaunt.
Using your Vortigaunt character, how will you enhance the role play of the server as a whole? (1 paragraph minimum)
As a whole I plan to "change" RP and just make good, memorable RP instances. Repetition of the same RP feeling gets older and older as it progresses further and further down the road. I wish to change that by offering people a new Vortigaunt experience. I will have similarities to most Vortigaunts; the kindness, speech, the normal vort behavioral patterns. But I plan to be different in the fact that I will be memorable and a great input of great RP instances.
Have you played as Vortigaunt character before? If so, state the community, length of time you had the character, and a description of role play situation that your character was involved in.
I have never had a Vortigaunt character on any server.
Never. But that goes with the same as my other characters. No character takes priority over any character. My NOVA unit who leads RADON requires a lot of time and I give it the required time but it also gives me time to role play as my mentally slow citizen. If I do get a Vortigaunt character, I would give it the time acceptable to really build the story and develop my character. But if I do get this I want to be known as the most "popular" CONSCRIPT.

Character Information
Name: Von'Luk
Height: 5'9
Weight: 201
Description of physique: Von'Luk has large outer cuspids, an olive green complexion, one large crimson eye surrounded by three outer eyes (also crimson), slouched posture, he is malnourished, has sharp claws, and a slightly aged appearance.
Description of intellectual traits: Von'Luk uses a large and articulate vocabulary; he also enjoys classical music and art. Occasionally he can be found playing chess or reading a book.
Description of personality: Von'luk has a very loud tone compared to other Vortigaunts. He also gesticulates a lot while he speaks. He is quick to help and provides a kind of dry humor to any situation that calls for it.

Tasks
The Vortigaunts lived happily and peacefully on their home world. This was the case until the combine decided to implement a full scale invasion on their home planet and enslave the Vortigaunt race. This caused the lucky Vortigaunts, the one who didn't escape their captors, to flee to Zen.  Once there, they found their enslaver, Nihilanth.  Nihilanth was an all might being found in Zen. He claimed to be enslaved by another higher power but said higher powers were never discovered. With his new enslaved labor force, he put them to work in factories and used as drone soldiers.
Once the Black mesa incident happened and Gordon Freeman opened a rift between the two worlds, Nihilanth saw this and took it as a chance to escape. He gathered up his Vortigaunt slaves and sent them through the rift to earth to start the invasion of earth. Fighting anything in their path and following their master’s orders to the "T". But this all stopped once the Freeman removed their chains of oppression and freed the Vortigaunt species from Nihilanth. Because of this, the Vortigaunts see Gordon as a messiah of sorts.  The Vortigaunts then took the side of the human Rebellion to help overthrow the Combine rule.
The Vortigaunt has one large eye surrounded by three smaller eyes.  All four eyes are actually multiple openings to a single eye surface. This gives the Vortigaunt a wider depth of view than that of a human. Vortigaunts also have no teeth, tongue, or lower jaw thus rendering their mouths useless for eating. It also gives them a weird pronunciation of their S's and R's.

Thus, we come to the small third arm located on the torso of Vortigaunts. This is their way of eating similar to that of a necrotic's. Vortigaunts also have back-jointed lower limbs. This renders them incapable of running far distances and moving at rapid speeds. But this does not stop them running a reasonable amount for a short distance.
Vortigaunts are sophisticated creatures who rather enjoy the fine arts. They value poetry, philosophy, music, art and other forms of artistic expression. With their use of the vortessence and the need of extracts, they have turned ant lion husbandry into an ancestral tradition. And with the liberation of the Vortigaunts from the Nihilanth by Gordon, they see his as a messianic/Jesus like figure.
4.  In your own words, define the Vortessence and describe the nature of its relationship with Vortigaunts. (3 paragraphs minimum).
The vortessence is a binding universal energy that exists within all plains of reality but yet is untapped by many species. Say one- the Vortigaunt species. The Vortigaunt species culture is evidently shaped from the vortessence and while we do not get to see much of their culture it is obvious from dialogue that the vortessence is a key element to their lives. Perhaps the vortessence is an energy source in a more literal form, then again it could simply be a mystery to Vortigaunts also, and they could perhaps both respect it and fear it.
Vortessence can be used by Vortigaunts to channel raw energy from around them to be converted into a visible entity that then can be launched in a powerful beam as a means of attack. It can also appear as a power agent that regenerates flesh at a faster rate than natural. This form of healing may sometimes require additional things in order for it to work. Some activities like teleportation or healing near-fatal wounds also require the help of many Vortigaunts.
In addition, the vortessence is channeled via an organ- I assume- called a "Vortal Input" which apparently allows Vortigaunts to tap into this source. I believe there is evidence to suggest the Vortigaunts have evolved to rely on the vortessence as their primary means of defense due to their brittle and hunched appearance. In conclusion the vortessence has brought an evolutionary, predatory and cultural edge over the many eons of refinement.
Von'Luk would raise both of his hands and repeatedly tell the rebels that he would have no part in their devilish schemes. The rebels would then threaten Von'Luk and hesitantly, he would still decline. "Why are you resorting to violence? It’s never the answer you seek. The repercussions outweigh the act." Von'Luk says looking towards the hostile assailants. The rebels would then talk about how there is no rule in these lands. They also talk about how they are the judge, jury, and executor and how they make up their own laws. "The three of you are juvenile delinquents." says Von'Luk as he looks towards all three of the men, glaring directly into their eyes.

Von'Luk would then explain how what they were doing is wrong. "The fact that someone is a loyalist supporting the combine rule does not mean that they, in fact, need to be murdered in cold blood. Some peoples only means of survival is to leech off the higher power, and even if that higher power is trying to slowly die out the human race, it’s still is a way to live. This does not call for us to take up arms against a loyalist. The combine wouldn't have a care in the world if they had one less loyalist. So, this one implores you to take away any thought of this mediocre plan." Says Von'Luk as he stares directly into the eyes, some would say into their souls. Von'Luk also adds in not giving them time to contemplate, "This one cannot agree to a proposition of this magnitude. It will not rest easy one this one’s conscious. ". The rebels would then see the sincerity behind Von'Luk words and lower their weapons. They would apologize for what they put Von'Luk through and holding him captive and Von'luk would instantly say "Do not worry of the fiasco you have put this one through, but be proud of one’s self."
Von'luk steps in front of the refugee’s way, blocking his chance for escape. He would gesture with his hands back in the direction of where he was running from and would say "Let us discourse this.” Once he led the refugee back he would listen to both of the sides of the story. Once he herd both sides he could easily tell that the man just wanted to get more money to fuel his greedy needs. Von'Luk would allow the citizen to repent for what he has done and says "Let us end this squabble by giving him back his currency. No further compromise shall this one allow.”
The citizen would be reluctant to give back the money so Von'Luk would chime in another word of encouragement. He would say something along the lines of "There is no need for these childish swindling of your own kind, it's quite redundant. The only person you cheat is yourself.” The refugee would then back the money and say his apologies. Von'Luk would then thank the citizen for his willingness to give back the money that he so unrightfully tried to steal.
Blue=Von'Luk, Orange=Citizen 1, Green=Citizen 2 Brown=Citizen 3

**Von'Luk is walking through the dense forest. The sun peers through the holes of the tree canopy.
"This one enjoys the wilds. The untethered majesty of nature surrounds us in places such as this." Von'Luk says as he slowly walks carefully minding where he steps and observes his surroundings.
"This one is happy to see this all this foliage. It brings a warm feeling to the insides of my chest cavity." Von'Luk remarks as he sticks out his hands and brushes his fingers across the bark of a tree. The bark rips apart due to his claws and he takes a piece into his hands. He fumbles it around in his hand, getting a feel for it.
"Nature is a beautiful thing. If only others could see the conspicuous nature of the wilderness as this one does, then humans would be less likely to cut it down." Von'Luk says as he lets the piece of bark drop out of his hands and hit the luscious green grass.
**Von'Luk stops and turns as he hears a gunshot rip through the trees to his left. Local birds fly out of the trees due to the loud nature of the round.
"This one hears someone, but does not see someone." Von'Luk whispers to his-self as he gets as low as possible and scampers behind a tree facing the direction where the noise came from.
**Von'Luk sits and listens to the sounds of the sounds getting closer and closer until they stop.
"I told cha' not to shoot until we got closer you idiot!", echoes from behind the tree.
"This one guesses they were right when they said silence is golden."Von'Luk whispers as he leans in closer to the tree placing his hand onto the bark to stabilize himself.
Von'Luk hears "I'm sorry. I got excited when I saw the deer! I'm just really hungry...." from the other side of the tree. This time the tone is different indicating there are two people there.
"Another deer? That is such a pristine animal. Aw, this one wishes he could of admired it’s beauty and elegance. he whispers to himself a little louder now, forgetting his current situation, trying to hide behind the tree.
"The both of ya' shut up. You'll scare it away even further. If you forgot we have hungry mouths to feed." Another voice, different from the other ones, is herd from behind the tree.
"Sorry." comes from behind the tree. This is in a different tone then the rest of the voices herd.
"Yea, I'm sorry pa'. I didn't mean to scare it away." follows the other statement.
"Food? This one knows a good place to acquire said goods." Slowly regains his footing and returns to his normal posture.
**Von'Luk slowly walks around the tree trunk with both of his hands up. Once he steps around it he steps on a twig and all three of the people turn towards him. Shocked, they all turn towards the noise and raise their guns towards him. They all hold their rifles up into the air for a couple of seconds; with this the mood becomes tense. A few seconds later, once the group sees it is only a Vortigaunt, they lower their weapons.
"Be careful next time, you might get shot doing that.” Says an old man with thin white hair and a scraggly white beard. He has tattered clothing and has an old hunting rifle in his hands. His voice has an old authoritative tone. His words flow off of his tongue with great ease.
Von'Luk drops his hands and slowly walks towards the group. He then leans in and says "I eavesdropped onto your conversation and this one thinks it could lend a hand in your predicament." He also points towards himself with his finger the whole time.
"Really?! We could use some help." says one of the people in the group. He seems a lot younger then both of others. He clearly couldn't be over 24 but he acts of that of a 14 year old. He also has tattered clothing and what seems like an old hunting rifle of a much smaller caliber. From the looks of it, it might be a BB gun. This one has an uncanny resemblance to the other gentlemen of the group.
Von'Luk nods his head. He then rotates his body a bit and points behind him, "Down that way, you shall run into a trail. Follow that trail south which is....-" He pauses and places his palm onto his chin. His huge fingers wrap up the side of his face; he then takes a few steps, facing different directions. He stops while looking towards the direction the hunters where traveling in and finishes his statement, "-this way. But first, this one's information has circumstances."
"What is it?" the old man chimes in. A look of excitement fills his face. His many wrinkles and age spots do a decent job at hiding it.
"This location, it has an abundance of deer, but this does not give the means to kill them all. Take only of what you need. There is no justification if you don't." Von'Luk states as he looks towards the dirt covered boots of the older gentlemen. He grabs his right wrist with his left claw and lowers his shoulders to a rested position.
The old man looks towards Von'Luk as he places the butt of his rifle onto the ground. He takes a step closer to Von’Luk almost using it as a cane. "That seems like a reasonable deal. Now, how far along is it?"
Von'Luk looks up from the boots of the man. He has a certain grin to his face as he replies "Not that far. This one would say..... About an hour."
A warm smile comes across the younger one in the group as he says in a loud, excited manner, Do you hear that?! We can eat! He hoists his small gun above his head with both arm as he jumps up and down in what he considered a dance.
"Yeehaw!'" The middle-aged one chimes in, he does the same with his rifle but only raises it by the barrel with his right hand.
The older gentleman contains his excitement and says aloud to Von'Luk, "Thank you. It means a lot...." He cuts off his sentence fishing for his name.
Noticing this, he replies back Von’Luk. Von'Luk is this one’s name. And what is the name of the group Von'Luk is currently engaged in conversation with?
"You can call me Old Man Withers." The older gentleman says in the group. He points towards the middle-aged man in the group and says "That's my boy, Jr." He then moves his gaze towards the smaller one in the group "And that's his boy, Jackson."
"The pleasure is Von'Luk's." he says as he tucks his right arm to touch his stomach and his left arm extended. He lowers his head and part of his upper torso to notion out a bow.
He returns to his normal posture and adds on in a comical way to his information, "Well, that time estimate is considering the legs of this one's, so you are not far from your desired location.".
**Dry chuckles resonate from the group.
"Well.... this one shall let you continue on your journey. I bid you all a good day, and a good hunt." He says as he begins to walk past the group of people.
**Von'Luk passes them and from behind goodbyes can be heard from the group. Without looking back, he raises his right hand and waves goodbye. He then continues to walk into the distance until he becomes nothing but a blur. Then, he is gone, like the dust in the wind.

Extra notes:
Edit: Periods. "Some quotes"

I just want to point out a few issues with your application.

He then leans in and says "I eavesdropped onto your conversation and this one thinks it could lend a hand in your predicament."

Your use of first person referencing, however it can be understood as a mistake. You referred to your vortigaunt in third person in the rest of the RP examples. Also the misspelling of the name of the border world. It is not spelled Zen, but rather Xen.

All Vortigaunts are friendly, talkative, and social creatures and my Vortigaunt will be no different.
Not quite true. Vortigaunt personalities vary from individual to individual. Most would be an appropriate word to replace All.

Now onto the good parts. Your history and detailing of anatomy was for the most part spot on and detailed. Furthermore, your RP example was relatively exceptional and interesting however I would recommend tweaking your Vort speech a bit. While you say your Vortigaunt is fluent in English, make an effort to complicate it a bit more. The way you speak as a Vortigaunt seems like that of a normal person however in third person.

Never the less, I feel at liberty to consider this accepted. Ask an administrator in the server for White Listing.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:35:39 PM by Sexy Frog »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 01:42:28 AM »
Player Information
Steam name: Statua
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20300913
How long have you been roleplaying (any game)? Since ~2005
How long have you been playing serious Gmod RP? 2009

Questions
Primarily, I've been wanting a vort to try it out. It's the one faction I haven't yet participated in and I want to give it a try. It could be a nice change in roleplay for me. Might get me more interested. Because as with everything they get old. Something new and fresh to me could be good and I could have a lot of fun with a vort. I hope to add some interesting RP in the outies with it.

I plan on making the vort a sort of neutral character. The vorts primary goal will be helping humanity, black or white knights and attacking none. This vort will interact with all humans as if it owes them help in return for being freed. During passive times, it will enjoy indulging on flora and xen wildlife as well as exploring and learning about creatures of the earth and xen.

As stated before, the vort will be interacting with all humans as if it owes them a helping hand. Randoms as well as friends won't see this vort as a threat, but instead will help them with anything they need. Maybe starting up a generator or controlling wildlife.

There's not a whole lot the vort will do to enhance the entire servers roleplay other then maybe talk with other vorts who may be making the wrong choices in regards to what they "owe" to humanity. There's not much else the vort might do other then help people of the server in general in any way possible.

Have you played as Vortigaunt character before? If so, state the community, length of time you had the character, and a description of roleplay situation that your character was involved in.
Nein sire. But I did monitor the vort program when it started in 2011 and helped a lot of people getting into vort RP and dialect.

Yes and no. I'll be playing it a lot more to get its story going, however all 2 of my other characters have different RP stories and personalities. However I am feeling that day will help me decide who to play, as well as any events going on at the time.

Character Information
Name: Iel'Kiran
Height: 6'4
Weight: 230lbs
Description of physique: A taller vort, looks experienced yet in good condition for his age and race. He has a more slouched posture then other vorts and walks almost with a shuffle. He is still thriving with energy and always seems alert.

Description of intellectual traits: He is very wise and learns quickly. He knows a bit about his home world as well as a lot about Xen. His memory is exceptional, which means the bad memories are hard to be forgotten. He knows the English language fluently but the language flows with his native dialect. He still has a strong connection to the vortessence.

Description of personality: He is very empathetic and loyal. He hates no human other then ones enlisted in the union. Iel'Kiran does however have some personality issues. He has common flashbacks with the pas warts of his home world as well as the 7 hour war and all the decades of Nihilanth slavery. He has a good grasp on his temper but if pushed too hard, might do something he will regret for eternity.

Miscellaneous information: He's very loyal to his race and the tasks given to him. He knows he owes the human race a thanks for the freedom, however itches for revenge on the combine.

Tasks
The vortigaunt species once lived on their own home world many decades back. Much like the Earth, the combine invaded the home world on their never ending quest to conquer the universe. The vortigaunts however had the technology to flee their home world and made it to xen, the dimensional border world. This was probably due to their technology, but also to the fact the combine were probably weaker then and may have not been able to catch them all in time. Little did they know, Xen wasn't much better.

The Nihilanth overload of Xen enslaved the vorts when they arrived, putting them into construction of the Xen buildings and protection of the Nihilanth along with the Alien Controllers in the area. The Black Mesa incident caused the resonance  cascade, allowing everyone and everything on Xen to have a one way trip to Earth. The Nihilanth decided this would be their chance to escape Xen once and for all and ordered the Vorts to Earth so they could move in. However, when Gordon saved the day at Black Mesa, he managed to make it to Xen through the scientists teleportation systems. Gordon fought past the defenses of Xen and managed to defeat the Nihilanth, breaking the link to the vortigaunts slavery, freeing them on Earth. The vorts felt their gratitude must be paid to humanity and joined the resistance in the fight against the combine for their sweet, century long revenge.

The vortigaunt anatomy is very similar to human anatomy, however has several aspects which are supportive and detracting to their survival. The supportive aspects of the vortigaunt's anatomy would primarily be their vision. With their large primary eye and smaller secondary eyes surrounding the primary, their vision would presumably be better in different light conditions. They might be able to see somewhat farther as well as have better night vision. Though it was never stated somewhere, they might possibly be able to see in intense light situations by closing their primary eye. The vortigaunt also has a third arm in the middle of its chest. This arm could be used to hold objects while it uses its larger lateral arms for pushing or pulling. Another advantage to vortigaunts anatomy is their ability to use the life-binding vortessence. They can use this energy woven into the fabric of the universe on machinery as well as wildlife and combine forces, as well as communicate telepathically. Vorts also have a special vocal communication part of their anatomy where they use flux shifting to communicate with one another over long distances.

The disadvantages to the vortigaunts anatomy would primarily be its eye. This is simply a giant bulls eye for anything trying to fight it. Though it has secondary eyes, it would greatly disable the vortiguant if anything ever happened to it. Another physical disadvantage to vorts might be their natural posture. Their cervical section (if relating to human anatomy) is slouched and slumped forward. They would have to turn their entire bodies in order to look over their shoulder. The vortigaunts also lack phalanges in their feet, thus might have issues balancing. A vort might not be able to walk along a log bridge like a human would.

The vortigaunts usually work as a single unit, shown through their native communicative flow, using the word "we" instead of "I". Their life is based on the vortessence, energy woven in threads into the universe. They do not see death as we humans do. They instead see death as an 'interval of darkness', assuming they may reincarnate or reanimate each other after death.

The vortessence is the central aspect in the lives of all vortigaunts. It connects them so they can unite and work as a single, mass widespread unit, keeping their species alive and adapting with their surroundings. The vortessence is a binding life-force which the vorts believe is the fabric of the entire universe, woven into all space and life within the universe itself. Everything in the universe is connected through "vortal cords". The vortigaunts know how to utilize this 'hive-mind' like power to communicate with each other and believe it is the very power of all life. It is sort of like the way the natives of Pandora in Avatar believe the forest is the connection of all life on Pandora.

The vortigaunts kn ow how to use the vortessence in physical ways in their local area such as controlling the energy of machinery and life. They can overpower the life of one organism such as antlions and headcrabs, killing them. They can also restore energy into a deceased body if combined with other vorts and with help of 'the extract' from the antlion hives. This explains how death isn't viewed as harsh by vorts as it is by humans.

The vortessence is a sort of telephone connection between vorts and all other life in the universe. They can communicate to each other by means of telepathic communication, utilizing the vortessence. Though they can talk to each other via flux shifting, the telepathic form of communication is much longer distanced and more private. However seeing how they still use flux shifting, vortessence communication might be a harder to do and could be unreliable if another form of communication is available.

He would try to keep calm and understand the situation the rebels are in. They are obviously distressed over something and need to release it on something. Although the loyalist citizen is a loyalist, he/she might not necessarily be at fault. This human can still be helpful in the fight for the combine if lead in the correct direction, thus killing said human could be harmful to the resistance.

Since he is cornered in the building, he would probably be a bit fearful. However seeing how he is one of the older vorts and knows how they treat death a bit lighter, the whole fear aspect might not be as great. He would try to comply with the humans, however even more so explain to them how their actions might not be the best and how if they wish to fulfill it, would prefer not to be involved.

Unfortunately, he doesn't believe in the material world. Iel'Kiran doesn't want to create a civil dispute among the humans and trying to intervene might cause exactly that. He is here to help the humans and to eventually, some day, fight back against the combine. He's not here to police anything or fix right from wrong. He would simply let the situation slide in order to preserve the sanity of the human race.

Iel wanders along the mountain side, tracking a lone headcrab crawling over the logs and rocks of the landscape. He watches its fine movements, waiting for the moment to engage. The headcrab stops, curiously examining a pile of stones. Iel quietly approaches the headcrab. Before the headcrab gets the chance to escape, Iel uses the vortessence to end its life. He walks up to the headcrab corpse.
Iel: This one's sacrifice will help us further fulfill our honorable return to humanity.
Iel kneels down and begins indulging on fresh headcrab meat.
R1: HELP!!!! A cry is heard off to the distance, a little further down the mountain. Iel looks up from his meal.
Iel: Do our senses detect a human is in dire need of assistance? He quickly proceeds to the sound of the cry of help.
R1: Oh dear god HELP ME!
R2: I'm trying! I'm trying just hold on man!
R1: Hurry the fuck up!
Iel begins moving faster, approaching the two refugees. One of the refugees is holding a moderately sized branch, trying to push away an antlion. The other refugee is frantically searching the ground for something to attack the antlion with. Iel quickly approaches the two, focusing on the antlion.
Iel: The human is in danger of this creature! Does the human need our assistance with this lost wildlife?
R1: Fucking help me!! He continues batting at the antlion.
R2: Shit shit shit! I cant fi- FUCK! What the fuck is that thing?!?
Iel: We mean not to harm the human. Fear not as we will help you through your situation.
R2: Dont you dare hurt my friend you freak!
Iel: We dare not to harm any human, despite probable circumstances. Stand back human! This one will eliminate the threat of this creature.
Iel focuses on the antlion. He changes his stance to an aggressive stance. His lateral hands begin glowing a pale green light, energy surrounding them. Suddenly, he raises his hands, releasing the energy on the antlion. The antlion stops moving, falling limp on the ground. Iel lowers his hands, the green glow fading completely away.
R1: Hu. He. Hehe! Holy shit. He looks to Iel Thank you so much.
R2: What the fuck are you? he points to Iel
Iel: This one is a part of the many beings of the vortigaunt species. We are given the task to assist the humans whenever possible.
R1: So why did you help me?
Iel: We were once enslaved much like the humans, until a high being relieved us from the influence. We are eternally grateful and will assist the humans when in need of support.
R1: Well, thanks for helping me man. You didn't have to risk your life though.
Iel briefly lowers his head, raising it back up again.
Iel: We must pay our dues to humankind in any way possible. The cries of distress were heard and this one fulfilled the tasks given upon us.
The first refugee gets up, brushing himself off.
R1: How can I repay you? You saved my life.
R2: Yeah we'll do anything. We got food if you want.
Iel: Mmmm. There is no payment for our services we provide. Bonds and unity is all the we may ask of the humans.
R1: Cmon, I gotta give you something. I almost died. I would have died if it weren't for you.
Iel: The human is in great need for return. However we do not require any gifts or return as we the vortigaunts are in return to the humans.
R2: Uhm. Yeah alright. Well thanks a bunch. We appreciate it.
R1: Yeah thanks. I couldn't be more grateful then I am now.
Iel lowers his head briefly once again, raising it.
Iel: This one will return to the sanctuary and tasks of living to preserve the life and remain able to provide assistance to the humans.
R1: Take care uh, what's your name, vortigaunt?
Iel: This one is commonly referred to Iel'Kiran, by the kin.
R2: Eel, Crayon? Karain?
Iel: The human is having troubles with our native anounciation. We give the human permission to refer to this one as simply, Iel.
R1: Ael. Right.
Iel: The human has not presented the name given to their being.
R2: What?
R1: He means what;s your name dipshit. My name is Zack Brannigan, this is Lucas Delgate.
Iel: The Brannigan and the Delgate. Potential thrives in these humans.
R1: Right. Well we'll see you around Iel. You take care alright?
Iel: We wish the same to the Brannigan and Delgate.
He shuffles away from the two, toward his meal he left up the mountain.

Extra notes: A lot of this is based off what I know from monitoring the faction when it first started. If there's anything done wrong because of changed times, please let me know.

Overall, I'd say this was a pretty nice application. Your RP examples were pretty good, even if a little generic for a Vortigaunt but acceptable none the less. Aside from some spelling errors here and there, I liked everything well enough. Though there is one thing I would like to point out for general knowledge that you may want to know.

With their large primary eye and smaller secondary eyes surrounding the primary, their vision would presumably be better in different light conditions.

Not true. Vortigaunts actually only have a single eyeball, however this one eyeball has several pupils and irises. However, there are several apertures about the Vortigaunts flesh that give them the appearance of having multiple eyes which they do not.

But I will accept this. You can go ahead and give yourself Vortigaunt White Listing when you get on the server and make your Vort.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 09:10:05 PM by Sexy Frog »

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 11:57:48 PM »
Player Information
Steam name: Lone Wanderer
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:23860145
How long have you been roleplaying (any game)? 5 years roughly.
How long have you been playing serious Gmod RP? 2 ½ years.

Questions
I’d like a vortigaunt character mainly for the reason that I’d like to try out something new. I’m trying to get more involved in CityRP, and I think a vortigaunt would be a good way to do this, while trying out a new style of RP at the same time. I’ve been playing city for so long that I’ve played a wide variety of different characters, but a vortigaunt isn’t one of them.

Well, seeing as I’m currently applying for a free city, I could see myself living out a maturing character, while also being burdened with the stereotype that vortigaunts are all intellectual and helpful. Do to his developing personality, I’d obviously have the reasonability of making difficult choices, seeing as his moral choices are clashing with what he wants to do as an individual.

Well, for starters, I’d like to help break the stereotype that all vortigaunts are necessarily intellectual and helpful to humans. While my vortigaunt would still want to help out and do good things, he’d be conflicted on some of the choices that he makes, making a new impression for vortigaunts, at least in specific for my character. I also think it could add a little humor to have essentially an adolescent vortigaunt.

Well, I can’t really say for sure how it will affect the server as a whole, but I can say that I won’t be restricting my roleplay to a tight group of people. I’d be willing to include people in the roleplay, hopefully making interesting experiences that will help people grow in their interest in City and CG as a whole.

Have you played as Vortigaunt character before? If so, state the community, length of time you had the character, and a description of roleplay situation that your character was involved in.
Never had a vortigaunt before. This is my first time!

No, it won’t because I find all my characters to be equally important. Obviously, if there’s something important going on for that character, that’ll put priority on them for that time. But I’d never make my vortigaunt more important 100% of the time than any of my others, and similar for the others as well.

Character Information
Name: Melanah’ Kahla
Height: 6’3
Weight: 197lbs
Description of physique: Weakened physical features, with a medium green skin color and a bright red eyeball. Younger appearance with sharpened claws and a prideful stance.
Description of intellectual traits: Maturing intellectual thinking process, with his current stage being highly based on individuality.
Description of personality: Arrogant and prideful, finding himself to be superior to humankind. Overconfident in his own abilities, somewhat egotistical, and still in his maturing phase. 
Miscellaneous information: Melanah’ would be essentially a teenager/young adult in a sense, still undergoing his maturing stage. Obviously because of that, he is very arrogant, and his thinking and actions would clearly reflect that outlook.

Tasks
1. Summarize the history of the Vortigaunt species (2 paragraphs minimum).
Not much is known about the vortigaunt race prior to their movement to Xen, aside from the fact that they had some form of home world that was invaded by the Universal Union. Some of the race fled to Xen through a portal, while others were captured and conscripted by the Union. Their ‘master’, Nihilanth, ruled over them on Xen, where the vortigaunts developed an intellectual culture that valued poetry, literature, and philosophical thinking. Eventually, a portal opened between Xen and Earth, and Nihilanth took it as an opportunity to escape to the planet, using the vortigaunts and the creatures of Xen to attack the humans at Black Mesa, and eventually elsewhere on the planet. However, Gordon Freeman, a scientist at Black Mesa, killed Nihilanth and freed the vortigaunt race.

Following the defeat of Nihilanth, the majority of the vortigaunts viewed ‘the Freeman’ as a messianic figure, and felt they owed a responsibility towards the human race to support them. So, when the Union arrived to invade Earth, the vortigaunts allied themselves with the human race. When the Union succeeded and occupied Earth, the vortigaunts continued to support the humans, until the eventual arrival of Gordon Freeman and the beginning of the liberation of the planet (to be continued in Episode 3!)

2. Detail the advantages and limitations of Vortigaunt physical structure (2 paragraphs minimum).
The vortigaunt anatomy allows them to do a number of different things. While they are similar in their general makeup to humans, having features such as a torso, legs, arms, and a defined head. However, they do have some different features such as a third feeding arm, a single eye with more pupils (allowing them to have a wider field of vision), and additional jointed limbs on their legs.
However, there are a few disadvantages to the vortigaunts varying features. The fact they only have one eye means that any damage dealt to it could easily cause major problems. Also, the natural slouched stance of vortigaunts means that seeing behind them could be difficult, as isn’t as easy to see over their shoulders in that position.

3. State what is known about Vortigaunt culture (1 paragraph minimum).
Vortigaunt culture is known to value intellect, some examples being through poetry, literature, and philosophy as mentioned earlier. Along with this, vortigaunts are known to have experience being enslaved by both Nihilanth and the Union. One other aspect of vortigaunt culture is that they are known to practice antlion husbandry.

4. In your own words, define the Vortessence and describe the nature of its relationship with Vortigaunts. (3 paragraphs minimum).

Vortessence is the central life energy of the universe, and connects all things according to vortigaunt belief. Vortigaunts use this to connect all things around them, using the power that results from the inter-twining of all things to communicate and manipulate life.

Vortessence allows the vortigaunts to perform healing rituals, teleportation rituals, slow time for a short period, and utilize pure energy to
attack aggressors or provide a system of power. However, the extent of these rituals is not immediate or easy, and occasionally requires a certain material. They also take a few vortigaunts to accomplish, and a great amount of meditation/concentration to complete.

Another aspect of Vortessence is that the vortigaunts can use it to communicate with each other in a practice called flux shifting. Flux shifting allows vortigaunts to not only communicate with each other within their presence, but also over long distances. This allows them to communicate privately, but it can be assumed it’s inconvenient to use when two vortigaunts are in the immediate presence of each other.

5. Detail from a third-person standpoint how your Vortigaunt character would resolve the following scenario: Three angry rebels with weapons have cornered you inside the S6 XCCR and demand that you help them kill a loyalist citizen (2 paragraphs minimum).

Melanah’ would easily be offended/feel attacked at the demand from the rebels, with an arrogant/overconfident reaction more than likely
occurring. While he’d have the moral intention of avoiding any form of violence, his egotistical nature would more than likely lead him to lash back at the three rebels should they directly offend/threaten him.

While he’d be very much against killing an unarmed loyalist, he wouldn’t be against fighting the three rebels should things move to the violent side of things. Again, while his moral feelings and beliefs would tell him to avoid violence and stray away from it, his immaturity and arrogant nature would tell him to fight them.

6. Detail from a third-person standpoint how your Vortigaunt character would resolve the following scenario: You have just observed a refugee trick a fellow refugee in a vastly unfair trading deal. The conman is about to escape with the unjustly-obtained goods.
Melanah’ would be largely indifferent to the conman’s actions, as it doesn’t directly pertain to him. Unless the refugee was a friend of his, or the trade appeared to be violent/forced in anyway, he would then get involved, peacefully trying to work the situation out at first, but possibly getting to  a threatening stance if it got to that point.

7. Create an original piece of writing which involves at least one Vortigaunt and at least two citizens. The scenario must include at least 30 lines of dialogue, of which at least 15 must be spoken by a Vortigaunt.

The streets of City 17 were generally quiet as Melanah’ walked along the alleyway with pride, an older vortigaunt hobbling along at his side. Melanah’ perked up as he heard a shout, followed by a loud crash coming from the alleyway.

Melanah’ says: “Did you hear that, Heliah?”

Heliah says: “This one did indeed hear the sound.”

Melanah’ rushed ahead of Heliah, turning around the corner as the conflict on the other side grew. Around the corner, two men were fighting, both around the same height. One of the male’s was bald, and was holding the second male by the shirt, pinning him against the wall.

Melanah’ says: “Human, release the male immediately!”

Heliah rounded the corner, calmly clasping his hands together as Melanah’ slowly approached the pair. The bald male tosses the second male to the ground, turning to face Melanah’.

Bald male says: “Ey’, mind your own business, vort!”

Melanah’ tensed up his claws narrowing his eye at the male, “Do you realize what you are up against, human?”

The bald male flipped out a switchblade, giving a slight nod with a smirk, “I ain’t afraid of no vort. Besides, this here’s loyalist scum. He deserves to be cut up!”

Melanah’ relaxed his hands slightly, his frustration with the man growing as a faint green light began to glow in his hands. Heliah stepped forward, lightly placing his hands on Melanah’s shoulder.

Heliah says: “Be still, kin. This one will handle the situation.”

Heliah stepped in front of Melanah’, with the younger vortigaunt growing a confused, slightly embarrassed expression as the older vortigaunt stepped in front of him.

Heliah says: “Many apologies for the actions of this one’s kin, human. He means to say that there is no need for this human’s death, as it will result in more destruction.”

The bald man relaxed the grip on his knife, turning to the male lying on the ground before speaking, “But he’s one of em’! They’re traitors!”

Heliah gave a slight nod, “There are always those who lose sight of where they truly belong. Spare this one’s life, save your fight for the true enemy.”

Heliah extends a wrinkled arm towards the towering citadel in the distance as both Melanah’ and the man turned to face it. The man sighed, sliding the blade away as he turned to walk off.

Melanah’ angrily looked at Heliah, “This one had it under control!”

Heliah dropped his hands to his sides, turning to face Melanah’, “There is much you have to learn!”

Melanah’ shook his head in anger, walking off down the alleyway as Heliah clasped his hands together once more, following the younger vortigaunt along the darkened alley path, “The human was prepared to kill the other!”

Heliah stopped, “Were you not prepared to do the same?”

Melanah’ stopped as well, facing away from Heliah as he pondered a response. After a moment of silence, Heliah spoke, saying, “Just as this one thought. There is still much that you must learn before you are prepared for this world.”

Melanah’ turned to face Heliah, “What else is there to learn? This one has already been taught the ways of the Vortessence!”

Heliah shook his head, “You do not know the ways of the Vortessence until you can use it in the proper manner!”

As the pair spoke, a shivering woman walked beside them, her head facing the ground. Melanah’ turned to face her, only resulting in her running straight into his torso. The woman jerked back, falling to the ground in fear, “Please, please don’t hurt me! I’m so sorry! It won’t ever happen again!”

Melanah’ looked upon her with pity, almost scoffing at her weakness. Heliah, again, shook his head, saying “You have much to learn” as he strode over to the woman, extending an arm to her. She shakily reached out for the arm, pulling herself up as she walked off, Heliah striking up a casual conversation with her. Melanah’ watched with confusion as at Heliah’s actions, thinking to himself before turning the opposite direction, walking away.

Extra notes:

Denied - Overall your application was flawless and you had Vort speech down pat however what messed you up is not following instructions correctly for number 7.

7. Create an original piece of writing which involves at least one Vortigaunt and at least two citizens. The scenario must include at least 30 lines of dialogue, of which at least 15 must be spoken by a Vortigaunt.

Unfortunately, your application did not contain at least 30 lines of dialogue. It only had about 20 lines of dialogue. RP instances/reaction does not equate to speech of characters. You had just met the 15 line dialogue minimum for the Vortigaunts, but not with a single one. Collectively between the two you used, it added to 15. But that's acceptable I guess.

Please resubmit in two weeks with number 7 properly filled out.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 06:49:20 PM by Sexy Frog - Occupy City »

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 12:21:52 AM »
Player Information
Steam name: Cat With A Mustache
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:33916409
How long have you been roleplaying (any game)? About 2009
How long have you been playing serious Gmod RP? One year.

Questions

The reason why I would like to have a Vortigaunt character, is so I can try something new in the City 17. After playing as a citizen, and CCA unit for hours upon hours, and days upon days, I thought that everyone and a while, it would be nice to try something different. A Vortigaunt will allow me to explore new dialogue speech, and movement of a character, other than the normal human speech and movement. It will open a large section of Role-playing that I have never tried before, because of being limited to ordinary human ways, and knowledge. This will allow me to stretch my own knowledge of Role-playing, trying a never before used species, and as a whole, become a better role-player myself.

Since the Vortigaunt that I apply for will be a CONSCRIPT, I envision myself doing some passive Role-playing. This Passive-Rp can be cleaning, examining foreign objects, or helping units or CWU workers move supplies, within the CONSCRIPTS strength range of course. Of course there are many examples of Role-playing that could come along, such as citizens or other units that despise the Vortigaunt species, in where I must reenact Fear-RP, for the fact that the CONSCRIPT would know that any defense against the citizen or unit will lead to a heavy punishment. 

My Vortigaunt character can help 'spice' up the Role-play in the area near and around the character. Just being a Vortigaunt by it's self will change the Role-playing situation, as a non-human species character might change conversation tactics and actions. This will make other players think about their actions and speech to others in the area, and the Vortigaunt itself. Also, being a CONSCRIPT will allow others to do actions that they could not do if it were another citizen. This could be offense language, actions, and treatment against the CONSCRIPT.

Although it might be difficult to help enhance role-play to the entire server, and can still be possible. This can be done in any size of event, making others have to change their role-playing due to a specific event that could take place. Although an event with a CONSCRIPT is limited, it may change what citizens and units alike have to do, to cope with the situation.

Have you played as Vortigaunt character before? If so, state the community, length of time you had the character, and a description of roleplay situation that your character was involved in. Never had a Vortigaunt character, everyone has to start somewhere.

Although it will be quite cool to play as my Vortigaunt character, it will not take priority over my other characters. My unit and citizen characters play a large part in my HL2RP experience. Adding another character to my limited selection of characters will make my Vortigaunt a bit of a priority, it will not be over my unit and a few of my citizens.

Character Information
Name: Kuk'Lon
Height: 5' 10"
Weight:194 lbs.
Description of physique: Kuk'Lon is much thinner, and has less muscle strength than other Vortigaunts, relying more on movement and speed, over brute strength and intimidation.
Description of intellectual traits: Kuk'Lon has a limited vocabulary, due to lacking the interest of learning human languages. He is liable to make mistakes on the first trial of doing a new activity, but can quickly pick up on his mistakes, and correct them.
Description of personality: Kuk'Lon is a shy, seclusive Vortigaunt. Although he enjoys the company of other Vortigaunts, he keeps to himself when other humans are in the picture. He only speaks up when he disagrees strongly with a subject.
N/A

Tasks

Little is known of the Vortigaunt species before the Combine invasion of their home planet. After the Combine enslaved a number of Voritgaunts, a large majority of them escape to another planet. The planet's name is Xen, and is a home planet to other organisms and a another slave, known as Nihilanth. Nihilanth, is a large intelligent organic organism, which enslaves the Voritgaunts. However, Nihilanth is a slave it's self, and enslaves the Vortigaunts due to orders from an undisclosed master.

After a rift opened up in Xen, that leads to Earth, Nihilanth instructs the Vortigaunts to attack Earth. Vortigaunts were used as a ground force against the people of Earth, and fights along side of other Xen organisms. After Nihilanth is slayed, the Vortigaunts are free from their enslavement of Nihilanth. Many of them flee to Earth, and are once again enslaved by the Combine. For those that did not become enslaved, work alongside the humans, in their resistance against the Combine hold on the planet.

Vortigaunts share many physical structures to that of a human. This includes legs, waist, torso, neck, and a head. They are also bipedal, which allows them to stand up, and walks around using only two feet. They also share a distinctive stance, however they are hunched over, and their neck extrudes at about a 90 degree angle from the top of their spine. They also have hands, however they consist of only two, long finger like, limbs. Their feet also are a bit different, having a small 'toe' extrude from the back of their foot, and the foot looking like a hoof of some sort. They also have a small 'hand' extruded from their chest, that they use to feed. Their 'knees' are bent backward, instead of like a humans, which is faced forwards. They also have one large, red eye, that takes up are large majority of their head.

However, with these structures, come many disadvantages in movement. The 'hand' on their chest allows them to eat, however if this is damaged, eating can be rather difficult, as their hands only consist of two fingers. On the same note, the two fingers limit movement, and what they can hold effectively. Their backward facing knee makes running at a reasonable speed difficult, and limits the distance of which one can travel in a reasonable amount of time. The large eye on their head make an easy target for attackers, which can easy blind, and disable the Vortigaunt.

Vortigaunts are known to be social among each other, and are very intelligent. They often work together to complete goal, that they all wish to help achieve. They can easily learn new languages and things that are foreign to them. When alone, Vortigaunts usually rely on wits, and not overall strength and agility to deal with a met problem.

Vortessence is a special ability that is held dear to all Vortigaunts. Although it is an unknown force to many, Vortigaunts know how channel this energy, and use it for many different tasks. All Vortigaunts know this ability and is not passed down from generation, rather an instinct. Vortigaunts have learned to harness this power to change space and time itself. The possibilities of the use of Vortessence is almost endless, and can be used for things other than just passive ways.

Many uses of this power, is being able to heal other organisms, even ones that are deceased. However many Vortigaunts are needed to properly use the Vortessence power in times of great need, such as reviving another. This power can also be used to harm others, turning into a large bolt of green light that can hurt others, and even push things out of the way. On the same note, the power can also move things from a distance, within respectable boundaries of the Vortigaunt. Vortessence can also be used to power electronic, and mechanical equipment, it being a small hand-held device, or a large generator. However it depends on the number of available Vortigaunts that can help with the process, something that needs a large amount of power to use, requires a good amount of Vortigaunts to assist.

In the eyes of humans, this is a magical force that is not known how it works. Often many humans think that Vortigaunts can use this power when ever they feel like it, if the Vortigaunt is healthy or not. They also think that a single Vortigaunt has power beyond belief, but is known by others that many Vortigaunts are needed to power, even some simple stuff. Some even think that the Vortessence is a godly power, that Vortigaunts acquired from unearthly gods.

As Kuk'Lon looks about the room, he notices the three rebels guarding the only exit out of the small building, talking among themselves and glancing over at Kuk'Lon every few seconds. After a few minutes of conversation, two of the three men walk over to Kuk'Lon, with their weapons, a small knife, and a small pistol. As they approach Kuk'Lon, the raise there weapons, and say, "You, Vort. We need you to kill a Loyalist that is right outside this door, do it, and we might let you live."

As Kuk'Lon looks about the room, he comes to a conclusion that there is not use in fighting the three men, and there is no escape. Instead, he comes up with a small speech inside his head, talking to the three men. "This one wishes not to assist in the innocent slaying of one that another does not like." The three men look at each other, confused of what the Vortigaunt was saying. "Kuk'Lon can not assist thee, for he is shackled, useless of all powers." Kuk'Lon says to the men. The three men then notice a large shackle about the Vortigaunts hands, and neck. One of the three men push the other man, and tempers flare.

As one of the men insult the other for their stupidity, in not seeing that the Vortigaunt is a CONSCRIPT, the man with a gun pushes the other man, and a shot from the gun is discharged. The bullet strikes a small piece of metal inside the room, and stops the bullet behind the sheet of metal. The three rebels look at each other, and quickly flee the scene, knowing that someone will come to investigate the site. As the three leave, Kuk'Lon looks about the room, understanding the men's haste in leaving. Kuk'Lon then also leaves the area, hoping that he will not be blamed for the crime, due to his species.

Kuk'Lon ascends the few remaining steps to the top of the building. When he stands on the top of the stairs, he realizes that the staircase brought him onto of the building, with low walls surrounding the edges. As Kuk'Lon approaches the low walls, he notices two men below the side of the building. The men's voice are loud enough for Kuk'Lon to hear the entire conversation.

As the conversation concludes, Kuk'Lon realizes the unfairness of the trade, and rushes down the steps to the ground floor. When he gets to the floor, he then walks over to the door, leading outside. However, the man that made the unfair arrangement walked inside the building, walking past Kuk'Lon. The turns his head to the Vortigaunt as he passes, and continues walking. Kuk'Lon follows the man, and and talks to the man in a calmly, yet sharp voice. "This one does not approve for the arrangement you and the other have come to."

The man looks at the Vortigaunt, and raises an eyebrow, confused at how the Voritgaunt knew the deal that happened between him and the other man. He replies back to the Vortigaunt, "Now, this is none of your business, and besides, he agreed with the trade, it is his own fault." Kuk'Lon makes an almost inaudible hissing noise, and replies back, "Kik'Lon does not care for individuals like you, and wishes for you to return the unfair acquired goods."

Although the man is not fair by heart, he senses a tone in the Vortigaunts voice, that makes him back down from the Vortigaunt. "Wow, hold your bun's ol' Vort. I'll give him his stuff back, alright, just please, stay away from me." The man turns back to the door in which he came from, and finds the man that had been given the unfair deal. He soon apologizes, and returns the man's stuff. "Kuk'Lon watched over the entire transaction, as the man gave the goods back to it's rightful owner. Kuk'Lon then slips off back into the building, chuckling to himself.

** As Kuk'Lon moves along the cities streets, he is filled with depression, as the shackles on his hands weigh them down.
** A male approaches the Conscripted Vortigaunt, and moves to a wall near him, and spits in his direction, the spit landed on Kuk'Lon's feet.
** Kuk'Lon turns the the man, and hisses at him saying, "Why does this one attack Kuk'Lon?"
** The man smiles, and replies back, "Because if I do it to someone else, I'll get beat."
** Kuk'Lon glares his one eye at the man, and slowly shakes his head, and continues walking.
"These one's only thought is power..." Kuk'Lon quietly says to himself.
** As Kuk'Lon nears the Nexus Barricades, he notices a unit on the barricade. As he approaches, the units faces the Vortigaunt.
"Kuk'Lon requests a device which allows one to request assistance from another." Kuk'Lon speaks to the Unit on the barricade.
The unit looks down at the Vortigaunt, his expression hidden behind his mask. "What? You think any of use want to help you?"
"One only requests another to bring assistance in a time of need." Kuk'Lon replies to the unit.
** The unit continues to stare at the strange Vortigaunt, and unzips a small pouch on his vest. He takes out a small Request Device, and chucks it very hard at the near-by Vortigaunt. "Here, catch."
** The device goes at incredible speed towards the Vortigaunt, and hits him directly in the torso area. Kuk'Lon sighs to himself, and mumbles, "These ones also love power..."
** Kuk'Lon bends down, and gingerly picks up the small device. The device is however broken, and is useless to anyone. Kuk'Lon looks back up at the unit, "This one requires another device."
** The unit shrugs his shoulders, "That's the last one, too bad."
** Another unit exits the Nexus, and appears next to the other unit, looking down at the destroyed device and the Vortigaunt. "Ah, destroying Union stuff, eh?"
** The other unit hops down from the barrier, and approaches the Vortigaunt, stunstick in his hand. He then pushes the Vortigaunt away, using much force, "Get out of here."
** From the force of the push, Kuk'Lon stumbles back a few steps, dropping the device on the ground, and turns around, walking away.
** Kuk'Lon looks at the Hardpoint between P1, and P2, ad walks through them, remembering that he was good enough to have access to the area.
** As he enters the P2 area, a group of citizens walk by him, chatting among themselves, when one notices Kuk'Lon. "Wow, look at that, an alien thing."
** Kuk'Lon sighs again, and replies back to the man, "This one is not much abnormal than you are."
** The citizen then stops, and looks at the Vortigaunt, "Oh my, look, it talks..."
** The groups that was with the citizen continues to walk, calling back, "Come on Jim!"
** The man, known as Jim, turns his head back to his group, and rushes back to join his small group.
** Kuk'Lon looks at the group, his body suddenly drooping, knowing that all the other citizens within the town do not care for him.
** A female appears out of one of the many alley ways, and notices the vortigaunt and walks over to him, attempting to put her arm around the vortigaunts neck.
** Kuk'Lon is startled by the action, for he was caught off guard, and stumbles back a few paces, facing the female, "Kuk'Lon wishes not to be touched."
** The female frowns, and replies back, "I was just trying to make friends with you..."
** Kuk'Lon stumbles a few paces back again, nearing the P3 entrance, "This one wishes not to be embraced by another..."
** The female pouts, and goes off in the other direction, away from the vortigaunt.
** As Kuk'Lon backs up near the P3 entrance, he turns around, noticing the few feet he was from an explosive death.
** Kuk'Lon peers inside of P3, knowing that he could not enter the area, "Why do these beings treat Kuk'Lon with no respect..."
** A female appears from inside P3, and notices the Vortigaunt on the other side of the entrance, "Why don't you come in...?"
** Kuk'Lon notices the female inside of P3, and replies back to her, "Certain death comes to this one if he enters."
** The female approaches the P3 entrance, and stands on the other side of the entrance from the vortigaunt, "What, you die if you come in here?"
"The female is correct." Kuk'Lon responds back.
** Behind the female approaches three men, all bearing a blunt weapon in there hands, and which the female and Kuk'Lon can not see.
** As the three men get near the female, Kuk'Lon see's them, and exclaims: "The female should turn!"
** As she turns, the three men are on her, and they pulls at her shirt, bringing her into deeper into P3.
"Ah! Get the hell off me!" The female screams, being pulled back from Kuk'Lon.
** Kuk'Lon notices the actions of the men, and stands still, fixed to his spot. He stands there, watching in horror as the female is dragged off into the depths of P3.
"The actions of those will go unpunished..." Kuk'Lon softly spoke to himself, knowing that he could do nothing.
** Deep within the depths of P3, a female's shriek pierces through P3, "Oh god! Oh god! Please someone help me..."
** Kuk'Lon shakes his head, hearing the scream echo from P3, and turns his body, walking away from the P3 entrance.
** As he walks forward, he notices a two units, doing a patrol about the area. As they walks by him, he opens his mouth, "This one wishes to report a wrong doing of another."
** The two units stop for a second, and turn to Kuk'Lon, "Oh do ya now? Well, we are busy doing stuff." One of the units reply.
** The other unit chuckles, and they continue off, yelling back, "Yea, busy not helping piece's of shit like you."
** Kuk'Lon remains silent, and stares at the two units, walking off in the distance, and silents curses them.
Extra notes:

Denied - Question 3 was not answered correctly. It called for a synapses on their culture, not a regurgitation of their social/tactical and physical limitations. Also, Xen life did not fight along side Vortigaunts when they were sent to Earth from Xen. Xen life is and always has been hostile towards Vortigaunts. On top of this, you provided many redundant and unnecessary points within your answers to questions that ultimately made me consider denial. Oh, also I want to say that it seems a bit unlikely that a CONSCRIPT would be able to convince a person who just swindles another person to give back the money/items just like that. Seeing as that person would likely know that the CONSCRIPT can't really do much against him or he would get in serious trouble.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 07:44:20 PM by Sexy Frog - Occupy City »

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 12:21:27 PM »
Player Information
Steam name: Cat With A Mustache
Steam ID: STEAM:0:033916409
How long have you been roleplaying (any game)? About mid-2009
How long have you been playing serious Gmod RP? Around one year.

Questions
The reason why I would like to have a Vortigaunt character, is so I can try something new in the City 17. After playing as a citizen, and CCA unit for hours upon hours, and days upon days, I thought that everyone and a while, it would be nice to try something different. A Vortigaunt will allow me to explore new dialogue speech, and movement of a character, other than the normal human speech and movement. It will open a large section of Role-playing that I have never tried before, because of being limited to ordinary human ways, and knowledge. This will allow me to stretch my own knowledge of Role-playing, trying a never before used species, and as a whole, become a better role-player myself.

Since the Vortigaunt that I apply for will be a CONSCRIPT, I envision myself doing some passive Role-playing. This Passive-Rp can be cleaning, examining foreign objects, or helping units or CWU workers move supplies, within the CONSCRIPTS strength range of course. Of course there are many examples of Role-playing that could come along, such as citizens or other units that despise the Vortigaunt species, in where I must reenact Fear-RP, for the fact that the CONSCRIPT would know that any defense against the citizen or unit will lead to a heavy punishment. 

My Vortigaunt character can help 'spice' up the Role-play in the area near and around the character. Just being a Vortigaunt by it's self will change the Role-playing situation, as a non-human species character might change conversation tactics and actions. This will make other players think about their actions and speech to others in the area, and the Vortigaunt itself. Also, being a CONSCRIPT will allow others to do actions that they could not do if it were another citizen. This could be offense language, actions, and treatment against the CONSCRIPT.

Although it might be difficult to help enhance role-play to the entire server, and can still be possible. This can be done in any size of event, making others have to change their role-playing due to a specific event that could take place. Although an event with a CONSCRIPT is limited, it may change what citizens and units alike have to do, to cope with the situation.

Never had a Vortigaunt character, everyone has to start somewhere.

Although it will be quite cool to play as my Vortigaunt character, it will not take priority over my other characters. My unit and citizen characters play a large part in my HL2RP experience. Adding another character to my limited selection of characters will make my Vortigaunt a bit of a priority, it will not be over my unit and a few of my citizens.

Character Information
Name: Kuk'Lon
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 194 lbs.
Description of physique:Kuk'Lon is much thinner, and has less muscle strength than other Vortigaunts, relying more on movement and speed, over brute strength and intimidation.
Description of intellectual traits: Kuk'Lon has a limited vocabulary, due to lacking the interest of learning human languages. He is liable to make mistakes on the first trial of doing a new activity, but can quickly pick up on his mistakes, and correct them.
Description of personality: Kuk'Lon is a shy, seclusive Vortigaunt. Although he enjoys the company of other Vortigaunts, he keeps to himself when other humans are in the picture. He only speaks up when he disagrees strongly with a subject.
Miscellaneous information: N/A

Tasks
Little is known of the Vortigaunt species before the Combine invasion of their home planet. After the Combine enslaved a number of Voritgaunts, a large majority of them escape to another planet. The planet's name is Xen, and is a home planet to other organisms and a another slave, known as Nihilanth. Nihilanth, is a large intelligent organic organism, which enslaves the Voritgaunts. However, Nihilanth is a slave it's self, and enslaves the Vortigaunts due to orders from an undisclosed master.

After a rift opened up in Xen, that leads to Earth, Nihilanth instructs the Vortigaunts to attack Earth. Vortigaunts were used as a ground force against the people of Earth, and fights against the humans in Black Mesa. After Nihilanth is slayed, the Vortigaunts are free from their enslavement of Nihilanth. Many of them flee to Earth, and are once again enslaved by the Combine. For those that did not become enslaved, work alongside the humans, in their resistance against the Combine hold on the planet.

Vortigaunts share many physical structures to that of a human. This includes legs, waist, torso, neck, and a head. They are also bipedal, which allows them to stand up, and walks around using only two feet. They also share a distinctive stance, however they are hunched over, and their neck extrudes at about a 90 degree angle from the top of their spine. They also have hands, however they consist of only two, long finger like, limbs. Their feet also are a bit different, having a small 'toe' extrude from the back of their foot, and the foot looking like a hoof of some sort. They also have a small 'hand' extruded from their chest, that they use to feed. Their 'knees' are bent backward, instead of like a humans, which is faced forwards. They also have one large, red eye, that takes up are large majority of their head.

However, with these structures, come many disadvantages in movement. The 'hand' on their chest allows them to eat, however if this is damaged, eating can be rather difficult, as their hands only consist of two fingers. On the same note, the two fingers limit movement, and what they can hold effectively. Their backward facing knee makes running at a reasonable speed difficult, and limits the distance of which one can travel in a reasonable amount of time. The large eye on their head make an easy target for attackers, which can easy blind, and disable the Vortigaunt.

3.  State what is known about Vortigaunt culture (1 paragraph minimum). Voritgaunts enjoy music, poetry, and other forms of activities and such that define a culture. Another large part of their culture, is that they have been enslaved for a long period of time, whether it be the on Xen, or by the Combine. They also practice antlion husbandry, within their culture.

Vortessence is a special ability that is held dear to all Vortigaunts. Although it is an unknown force to many, Vortigaunts know how channel this energy, and use it for many different tasks. All Vortigaunts know this ability and is not passed down from generation, rather an instinct. Vortigaunts have learned to harness this power to change space and time itself. The possibilities of the use of Vortessence is almost endless, and can be used for things other than just passive ways.

Many uses of this power, is being able to heal other organisms, even ones that are deceased. However many Vortigaunts are needed to properly use the Vortessence power in times of great need, such as reviving another. This power can also be used to harm others, turning into a large bolt of green light that can hurt others, and even push things out of the way. On the same note, the power can also move things from a distance, within respectable boundaries of the Vortigaunt. Vortessence can also be used to power electronic, and mechanical equipment, it being a small hand-held device, or a large generator. However it depends on the number of available Vortigaunts that can help with the process, something that needs a large amount of power to use, requires a good amount of Vortigaunts to assist.

In the eyes of humans, this is a magical force that is not known how it works. Often many humans think that Vortigaunts can use this power when ever they feel like it, if the Vortigaunt is healthy or not. They also think that a single Vortigaunt has power beyond belief, but is known by others that many Vortigaunts are needed to power, even some simple stuff. Some even think that the Vortessence is a godly power, that Vortigaunts acquired from unearthly gods.

As Kuk'Lon looks about the room, he notices the three rebels guarding the only exit out of the small building, talking among themselves and glancing over at Kuk'Lon every few seconds. After a few minutes of conversation, two of the three men walk over to Kuk'Lon, with their weapons, a small knife, and a small pistol. As they approach Kuk'Lon, the raise there weapons, and say, "You, Vort. We need you to kill a Loyalist that is right outside this door, do it, and we might let you live."

As Kuk'Lon looks about the room, he comes to a conclusion that there is not use in fighting the three men, and there is no escape. Instead, he comes up with a small speech inside his head, talking to the three men. "This one wishes not to assist in the innocent slaying of one that another does not like." The three men look at each other, confused of what the Vortigaunt was saying. "Kuk'Lon can not assist thee, for he is shackled, useless of all powers." Kuk'Lon says to the men. The three men then notice a large shackle about the Vortigaunts hands, and neck. One of the three men push the other man, and tempers flare.

As one of the men insult the other for their stupidity, in not seeing that the Vortigaunt is a CONSCRIPT, the man with a gun pushes the other man, and a shot from the gun is discharged. The bullet strikes a small piece of metal inside the room, and stops the bullet behind the sheet of metal. The three rebels look at each other, and quickly flee the scene, knowing that someone will come to investigate the site. As the three leave, Kuk'Lon looks about the room, understanding the men's haste in leaving. Kuk'Lon then also leaves the area, hoping that he will not be blamed for the crime, due to his species.

Kuk'Lon sighs, as he stumbles back up to his feet after his daily beating by the Units. He walks forward, to the UCH building, hoping to find some comfort there, out of the streets. As he approaches the building, he see's two men talking quietly in the alleyway near the ol' FOTO shop. Curious, he slowly approaches a wall near the two men, and casually leans on it awkwardly, keeping his head away from the two men.

As he listens to their conversation, he realizes that the two men are bartering goods, and that one of the men is getting a large majority of the goods for an unfair deal from the other man. Kuk'Lon makes what could be called a frown, and keeps his spot on the wall, letting the men finish their conversation. As the two men leave, Kuk'Lon tails the man that got the goods for a very unfair deal, until they reach a safe spot for the Vortigaunt in Predict 2. When the man is about to enter the Third Predict, Kuk'Lon speaks up, trying to catch the man's attention, "Human, hold!"

The man turns about, noticing the Vortigaunt, and raises his right eyebrow, a confused look on his face to why the Vortigaunt has stopped him. The speaks, "Huh? What do you want?". Kuk'Lon, approaches the man, and talks to him in a quiet voice, careful so others will not overhear the conversation, "Kuk'Lon saw this human trick another, obtaining goods for an unfair price." The man chuckles lightly to himself, "Oh? You saw that little deal? Not that I care, since you can't do anything. And if ya' do try anything," the man takes a small black device out of his pocket, "I can just call the units at any point."

Kuk'Lon takes a step back from the man, knowing that if the units are called, Kuk'Lon would be in a large amount of trouble. "This one only wishes for this human to listen to reason. If one obtains things unfairly, than how can the human be trusted, by it's fellow humans?" The man stops for a second, his eyes frowning in a bit of a thinking expression. He puts away the device, and scratches his chin using his right hand. "And how would other's know about my unfairness...." the man speaks, his eyes locked on the Vortigaunts large eye.

"You humans seem to be able to know a shady character from another. Kuk'Lon has no doubt that this human will never be trusted again. All Kuk'Lon wishes is a fair barter." Kuk'Lon speaks to the man, knowing that much of what he just said isn't quite the truth. The man scratches the top of his head, and moves back to Predict 1, Kuk'Lon following the man. The man searches the plaza for a quick few seconds, and spots the man that he took goods from unfairly sitting on a bench. As he approaches the man, they begin to converse again, and they work out a better deal, however the deal still leaned in favor to the man that Kuk'Lon spoke to, but it was better. Kuk'Lon made a satisfied grunt, and walk off in another direction, wondering what else was in store for him the same day.

** As Kuk'Lon moves along the cities streets, he is filled with depression, as the shackles on his hands weigh them down.
** A male approaches the Conscripted Vortigaunt, and moves to a wall near him, and spits in his direction, the spit landed on Kuk'Lon's feet.
** Kuk'Lon turns the the man, and hisses at him saying, "Why does this one attack Kuk'Lon?"
** The man smiles, and replies back, "Because if I do it to someone else, I'll get beat."
** Kuk'Lon glares his one eye at the man, and slowly shakes his head, and continues walking.
"These one's only thought is power..." Kuk'Lon quietly says to himself.
** As Kuk'Lon nears the Nexus Barricades, he notices a unit on the barricade. As he approaches, the units faces the Vortigaunt.
"Kuk'Lon requests a device which allows one to request assistance from another." Kuk'Lon speaks to the Unit on the barricade.
The unit looks down at the Vortigaunt, his expression hidden behind his mask. "What? You think any of use want to help you?"
"One only requests another to bring assistance in a time of need." Kuk'Lon replies to the unit.
** The unit continues to stare at the strange Vortigaunt, and unzips a small pouch on his vest. He takes out a small Request Device, and chucks it very hard at the near-by Vortigaunt. "Here, catch."
** The device goes at incredible speed towards the Vortigaunt, and hits him directly in the torso area. Kuk'Lon sighs to himself, and mumbles, "These ones also love power..."
** Kuk'Lon bends down, and gingerly picks up the small device. The device is however broken, and is useless to anyone. Kuk'Lon looks back up at the unit, "This one requires another device."
** The unit shrugs his shoulders, "That's the last one, too bad."
** Another unit exits the Nexus, and appears next to the other unit, looking down at the destroyed device and the Vortigaunt. "Ah, destroying Union stuff, eh?"
** The other unit hops down from the barrier, and approaches the Vortigaunt, stunstick in his hand. He then pushes the Vortigaunt away, using much force, "Get out of here."
** From the force of the push, Kuk'Lon stumbles back a few steps, dropping the device on the ground, and turns around, walking away.
** Kuk'Lon looks at the Hardpoint between P1, and P2, ad walks through them, remembering that he was good enough to have access to the area.
** As he enters the P2 area, a group of citizens walk by him, chatting among themselves, when one notices Kuk'Lon. "Wow, look at that, an alien thing."
** Kuk'Lon sighs again, and replies back to the man, "This one is not much abnormal than you are."
** The citizen then stops, and looks at the Vortigaunt, "Oh my, look, it talks..."
** The groups that was with the citizen continues to walk, calling back, "Come on Jim!"
** The man, known as Jim, turns his head back to his group, and rushes back to join his small group.
** Kuk'Lon looks at the group, his body suddenly drooping, knowing that all the other citizens within the town do not care for him.
** A female appears out of one of the many alley ways, and notices the vortigaunt and walks over to him, attempting to put her arm around the vortigaunts neck.
** Kuk'Lon is startled by the action, for he was caught off guard, and stumbles back a few paces, facing the female, "Kuk'Lon wishes not to be touched."
** The female frowns, and replies back, "I was just trying to make friends with you..."
** Kuk'Lon stumbles a few paces back again, nearing the P3 entrance, "This one wishes not to be embraced by another..."
** The female pouts, and goes off in the other direction, away from the vortigaunt.
** As Kuk'Lon backs up near the P3 entrance, he turns around, noticing the few feet he was from an explosive death.
** Kuk'Lon peers inside of P3, knowing that he could not enter the area, "Why do these beings treat Kuk'Lon with no respect..."
** A female appears from inside P3, and notices the Vortigaunt on the other side of the entrance, "Why don't you come in...?"
** Kuk'Lon notices the female inside of P3, and replies back to her, "Certain death comes to this one if he enters."
** The female approaches the P3 entrance, and stands on the other side of the entrance from the vortigaunt, "What, you die if you come in here?"
"The female is correct." Kuk'Lon responds back.
** Behind the female approaches three men, all bearing a blunt weapon in there hands, and which the female and Kuk'Lon can not see.
** As the three men get near the female, Kuk'Lon see's them, and exclaims: "The female should turn!"
** As she turns, the three men are on her, and they pulls at her shirt, bringing her into deeper into P3.
"Ah! Get the hell off me!" The female screams, being pulled back from Kuk'Lon.
** Kuk'Lon notices the actions of the men, and stands still, fixed to his spot. He stands there, watching in horror as the female is dragged off into the depths of P3.
"The actions of those will go unpunished..." Kuk'Lon softly spoke to himself, knowing that he could do nothing.
** Deep within the depths of P3, a female's shriek pierces through P3, "Oh god! Oh god! Please someone help me..."
** Kuk'Lon shakes his head, hearing the scream echo from P3, and turns his body, walking away from the P3 entrance.
** As he walks forward, he notices a two units, doing a patrol about the area. As they walks by him, he opens his mouth, "This one wishes to report a wrong doing of another."
** The two units stop for a second, and turn to Kuk'Lon, "Oh do ya now? Well, we are busy doing stuff." One of the units reply.
** The other unit chuckles, and they continue off, yelling back, "Yea, busy not helping piece's of shit like you."
** Kuk'Lon remains silent, and stares at the two units, walking off in the distance, and silently curses them.

Extra notes:
N/A

This time, you did much better. I feel this is a very nice application and everything is pretty spot on. I don't have any real feedback to give you, but you are accepted. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 02:14:26 PM by Rap Master Sexy Frog »

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal