Author Topic: Starship Troopers RP?  (Read 15032 times)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Starship Troopers RP?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 03:45:04 PM »
No.

Really, no.

CG is too dumb as shit to do something as serous as SSTRP. And you think events are rare, they need to be done as much as possible to keep the playerbase interested, otherwise it dies. Event's take one or two admins and run for a while and require a different map to the base map.

tl;dr It wont work at cg, its too dumb to handle it.

Well it's nice to see our admins are confident in our community. Always a great trait. This wouldn't work not because CG is too dumb but because we don't have the manpower for another server. We already have to split up our admins more with OCRP2 coming up soon, HL2RP, 2 HRP servers and more to certainly come in the future. Not going to happen, sorry. And even if we were to do more roleplay, it'd be a completely original idea. Not something other people have already done.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 04:51:41 PM »
No.

Really, no.

CG is too dumb as shit to do something as serous as SSTRP. And you think events are rare, they need to be done as much as possible to keep the playerbase interested, otherwise it dies. Event's take one or two admins and run for a while and require a different map to the base map.

tl;dr It wont work at cg, its too dumb to handle it.

Well it's nice to see our admins are confident in our community. Always a great trait. This wouldn't work not because CG is too dumb but because we don't have the manpower for another server. We already have to split up our admins more with OCRP2 coming up soon, HL2RP, 2 HRP servers and more to certainly come in the future. Not going to happen, sorry. And even if we were to do more roleplay, it'd be a completely original idea. Not something other people have already done.
Well I might as well speak my opinion on it, and you know it yourself that it won't work. Maybe I wrote it abit negatively and too brash but its my opinion.
what

Offline {-=ECRP-CO=-}Pvt.Benjamen

• King of Spam
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 07:54:45 PM »
Well, i know Blt from Validus Gaming, my personal opinion is 3-5 admins, 2 admins at least to run it, and yes, in Validus we had a lot of Map changes because we wanted it to fit in with the certain agenda we were implying into the mission,

No, events are not rare but if you didnt read, as i stated.... we need a lot of people to make it work, so as i said, To make a Global Annoucement that we will be having several events on a certain time and date for all people of CG to join and role play.

And people do like passive role play, as you've seen when Hl2 RP was down, everyone was crying and kept making IC threads of role play.
Yeah and NPCs incredibley ruin the game, it was completely unrealistic when we played it, all we had was 100 NPCs in a line just shooting us, and at rare times, someone would role play as a bad guy who was like a super duper pro leader or assassin.

It's like, if there's no admins on, the only thing you get to do is passive role play at your military base. i actually passive role played a lot on it, like training, hanging out with your friends, rp sleeping at the bunk beds, eating time, do jobs like clean the place, cook food for people, take a shower, etc.

So basically SSTRP Is Half Half of both Passive RP and RP. It's up to Roflwaffle if he wants to, i suggest it's up to a playerbase of 40-50 slots, but i doubt this will happen, we'd need some type of poll to see if everyone wants it up.
C45.RCT.S1.865: Status: Fine] Recently shot in the foot by 21100 Whilst training in the Killhouse, Was treated by an S4 Unit, Is patrolling the Plaza and just recently clamped P3 With an 05.

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 08:22:56 PM »
Well, i know Blt from Validus Gaming, my personal opinion is 3-5 admins, 2 admins at least to run it, and yes, in Validus we had a lot of Map changes because we wanted it to fit in with the certain agenda we were implying into the mission,

No, events are not rare but if you didnt read, as i stated.... we need a lot of people to make it work, so as i said, To make a Global Annoucement that we will be having several events on a certain time and date for all people of CG to join and role play.

And people do like passive role play, as you've seen when Hl2 RP was down, everyone was crying and kept making IC threads of role play.
Yeah and NPCs incredibley ruin the game, it was completely unrealistic when we played it, all we had was 100 NPCs in a line just shooting us, and at rare times, someone would role play as a bad guy who was like a super duper pro leader or assassin.

It's like, if there's no admins on, the only thing you get to do is passive role play at your military base. i actually passive role played a lot on it, like training, hanging out with your friends, rp sleeping at the bunk beds, eating time, do jobs like clean the place, cook food for people, take a shower, etc.

So basically SSTRP Is Half Half of both Passive RP and RP. It's up to Roflwaffle if he wants to, i suggest it's up to a playerbase of 40-50 slots, but i doubt this will happen, we'd need some type of poll to see if everyone wants it up.

A pole would work well, but in another suggestion is that STTRP actually provides action RP. (Serious RP) In HL2RP I notice there if almost no action. Yeah I get it role play it role playing it's not meant to be a shooter, but action happens at a rare time. Guns are almost never used besides the CCA in killing citizens for those level one verdicts. So just a server to have a mix of action, and role play would work well, and keep players entertained. There is always the option of maybe basing STTRP in a city map. Having civilians, and shops. Roleplay would still be involved, and as for downloads there can always be an SVN so people wouldn't have to download 15 things. It would come in a single package.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline shrimp

• The ONLY Ninja
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 02:31:14 AM »
A pole would work well, but in another suggestion is that STTRP actually provides action RP. (Serious RP) In HL2RP I notice there if almost no action. Yeah I get it role play it role playing it's not meant to be a shooter, but action happens at a rare time. Guns are almost never used besides the CCA in killing citizens for those level one verdicts. So just a server to have a mix of action, and role play would work well, and keep players entertained. There is always the option of maybe basing STTRP in a city map. Having civilians, and shops. Roleplay would still be involved, and as for downloads there can always be an SVN so people wouldn't have to download 15 things. It would come in a single package.
Outlands has quite a bit of gun action, when it's up we can tell. But I'm not saying I'm opposed to SSTRP, I've played on one server's version of it and it was quite fun and Action-Packed like you said. But would it be good for our Community? Right now we aren't getting much population, opening a new server might bring it up, or waste money on another server with even more empty slots... Plus the Administration situation, and we'd need some people dedicated to that server.
A real human beeeeeiiinnnggg.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 02:34:10 AM »
I'd rather have a Terminator RP server, SSTRP is always awful

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 11:25:14 AM »
@Ninja shrimp: Yeah outlands does have action. It's just rare that anyone ever has a firefight. I've noticed that when people get guns or ammo most never use it. Due to the fact its mostly OTA they fight but they just get their ass kicked because OTA are armed to the teeth. But in STTRP the citizens get action and mostly win.

Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

• King of Spam
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 05:11:08 PM »
In SSTRP everyone gets one whitelist at the start, and that's the Army. Depending on the server, you will start off as a recruit, and what i did i went through intense two hour RP training doing the drills with about 10 other recruits.

We got taught all the basics

Example:

Formations
Basic Shooting Knowledge
Running/The Exercise Course
Basic Medical Stuff.

I cant really remember what else, also it had PAC Editor, Basically what Pac editor is, is you use props from the menu to edit your character, for example

I could get the metropolice mask and put it on my face, it'd be like i go in the pac menu, and then load like metropolicemask.mdl
or something like that

Lol excuse the trolly me on the right, but what else you could do is you could make a Stance, for example you could change this any time at your will, someone made a succesful prone stance, it's like your model, you click on it and it'll switch to that, we were making a prone stance but as you can see we ridciously failed. but there has been succesful ones

Spoiler for Hiden:

I will use spoilers to keep this looking small, that's another screen shot, excuse the top, that is the pac editor, i used it so i can get a ggood look at everyone, keep note that this was a long time ago.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Another picture, we were stacking up upon the wall.

Spoiler for Hiden:

That was one of the addons we used as an advantage, since the map was tremoundsley big, i mean REALLY big, we could use these warthogs and have a good fast paced escape, since the whole place was going to explode or i think we needed to get out of there since we were being over run, then we had a good 1-2 minute driving going extremely fast.

Spoiler for Hiden:

That is also my character, the LMG was granted for a special occasion as we were being overrun extremely.

Spoiler for Hiden:

This is the FPS view, you could also aim through it and the green bit would like fuzz around like a real electronic one.

That's all i've got to share, i've got some more but there pointless.

I hope this gives Roflwaffle or someone some encouragement to bring this up, if you get intimidated by this authorize a poll.
C45.RCT.S1.865: Status: Fine] Recently shot in the foot by 21100 Whilst training in the Killhouse, Was treated by an S4 Unit, Is patrolling the Plaza and just recently clamped P3 With an 05.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 05:13:56 PM »
All of your screenshots show a script that is loaded with script to generate RP for you

please don't do this

• King of Spam
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 05:20:47 PM »
All of your screenshots show a script that is loaded with script to generate RP for you

please don't do this

What?

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 12:29:52 AM »
A pole would be nice, and I do find most of the problems people have are pretty much about content, admins, and population to support it.

Admins: Alright, so right now we have a pretty good range of admins along Catalyst Gaming. We have separate admins for HL2RP, and HRP. We could always do the same for STTRP.  Separate admins for STTRP just like HL2RP, and HRP. It would work well, and new admins could always be recruited for it. I'm certain there are multiple people here who have played STTRP. Let alone admins who currently play.

Population: Alright yeah STTRP isn't an "original" idea. There are never original ideas, and if someone comes up with one. It's probably been done before. Though if you look at other STTRP RP severs (When they were up) there was a couple of them, and they were well populated. We have a very good steady population currently, and with a STTRP server that would only bring more people.

Content: Okay yeah we will be moving maps, and models along with all that good stuff will be needed. Though for any role play server there is always content needed. We can always use an easy SVN for the models though. It's much quicker, and it does it all at once. Simple concept. For those who don't then there can be a download pack set up.

• King of Spam
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 02:18:51 AM »
A pole would be nice, and I do find most of the problems people have are pretty much about content, admins, and population to support it.

Admins: Alright, so right now we have a pretty good range of admins along Catalyst Gaming. We have separate admins for HL2RP, and HRP. We could always do the same for STTRP.  Separate admins for STTRP just like HL2RP, and HRP. It would work well, and new admins could always be recruited for it. I'm certain there are multiple people here who have played STTRP. Let alone admins who currently play.

Population: Alright yeah STTRP isn't an "original" idea. There are never original ideas, and if someone comes up with one. It's probably been done before. Though if you look at other STTRP RP severs (When they were up) there was a couple of them, and they were well populated. We have a very good steady population currently, and with a STTRP server that would only bring more people.

Content: Okay yeah we will be moving maps, and models along with all that good stuff will be needed. Though for any role play server there is always content needed. We can always use an easy SVN for the models though. It's much quicker, and it does it all at once. Simple concept. For those who don't then there can be a download pack set up.

Oh man i highly doubt this will happen.
People would poll for it because they would want admin for STTRP, that's about it.
I'm still keeping up my -Support even though i've posted all this stuff

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 09:49:26 AM »
I'd like to see this happen but it takes a lot of team work to get a good SSTRP going.

I don't know if the admin team can handle that.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 08:14:27 PM »
Months ago roflwaffle said that he doesn't want any more RP servers because we are already busy enough, and there is already a lack of administration on hrp. Although it would be cool to have a STRP server.
To be fair, RoflWaffle doesn't want any more serious RP servers because they aren't worth the work for the small amount of donations they bring in.
Live free or die

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 05:05:34 PM »
It's a no. RoflWaffle and a few others already made it clear why.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal