Author Topic: Starship Troopers RP?  (Read 15034 times)

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Starship Troopers RP?
« on: January 07, 2013, 11:25:44 PM »
Starship Troopers Role Play

Alright let me state first that I think this would be an awesome role play. There are already server out for it, and I watched some of the movie. It's really good, and instantly thought of antlions when I saw the arachnids. So I had to suggest this on the forums instantly, and as fast as I could. This has been done before yes, but Catalyst Gaming is well known, and i'm pretty much almost sure that at least some people would want a starship troopers role play server. Though the argument comes to mind that even if this did happen people don't want new players to start out being giant over powered bugs or marines with guns. I would suggest possibly a city map? Big city with a small star troopers base? Could have events for attacks, fires, and on the very rare setting make the server or a seperate server private to the marines only for a all out battle? I think it would work well, and for those who don't know what it is here is a video giving a brief look on what it really is, and also any thoughts on this? Personally I would love to see a server like this up.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faFuaYA-daw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faFuaYA-daw</a>

I just found some screenshots of the early version. Though it still needs to get updated to Gmod13 but it's looking good. Dear god this looks amazing.
Spoiler for Hiden:

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 01:49:15 AM by Delta1116732 »

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline {-=ECRP-CO=-}Pvt.Benjamen

• King of Spam
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Starship Troopers RP?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 12:11:15 AM »
No, we've already got Half Life Two on our hands and we're the best community for Hl2 RP.

-SUPPORT
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 12:12:58 AM by Pvt. Benjamen »
C45.RCT.S1.865: Status: Fine] Recently shot in the foot by 21100 Whilst training in the Killhouse, Was treated by an S4 Unit, Is patrolling the Plaza and just recently clamped P3 With an 05.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 12:21:53 AM »
Months ago roflwaffle said that he doesn't want any more RP servers because we are already busy enough, and there is already a lack of administration on hrp. Although it would be cool to have a STRP server.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 02:04:30 AM »
Months ago roflwaffle said that he doesn't want any more RP servers because we are already busy enough, and there is already a lack of administration on hrp. Although it would be cool to have a STRP server.

I'm quite sure out of these 30,000 members, there are multiple administrative figures that can be recruited to assist in HRP. In the meantime, Rofl really doesn't need to work on STRP, neither do the coders currently working on HL2RP/HRP. I have multiple experienced coders/developers that would gladly work with catalyst to set up this game mode. Like you did with alex, you can assign another trusted administrative figure to handle STRP, updating Rofl on the progress/setbacks/updates etc. upon request.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 03:31:24 AM »
I remember this, i used to play it a while back.

I dont think its a good idea to get this on CG, we already have 3 RP Gamemodes and 5 RP servers. SSTRP, iirc, requires quite a population to not seem dead, unlike HL2RP which can settle on around 25 people.

Finding someone to be ECA for it wouldnt be hard, just take any experienced person from the staff. Getting new admins isnt as easy as you think, if it was we would already have enough.

What youre mentioning in the OP isnt what I used to play, th one I remember was on a wasteland style map with a lot of both factions.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 06:09:26 AM »
I remember this, i used to play it a while back.

I dont think its a good idea to get this on CG, we already have 3 RP Gamemodes and 5 RP servers. SSTRP, iirc, requires quite a population to not seem dead, unlike HL2RP which can settle on around 25 people.

Finding someone to be ECA for it wouldnt be hard, just take any experienced person from the staff. Getting new admins isnt as easy as you think, if it was we would already have enough.

What youre mentioning in the OP isnt what I used to play, th one I remember was on a wasteland style map with a lot of both factions.

I would understand finding admins would not be easy, but there are some retired/old admins coming back for their administration positions back. But they're mainly from HRP (Or so I'm told).

And Bomberman isn't in use at all, it's just there. I'm guessing it can be removed due to the fact that it's just there and virtually no one gets on there. So around 2 gamemodes that are currently in use. 5 RP servers, I understand, is very hard to keep up with. As a experienced DarkRP SA and a Administrator on multiple HL2RP servers, it's very hard to maintain a server like Harbor RP. Let alone maintain more than one server exactly like Harbor RP. So the difficulty there is understandable.

It can be solved by recruiting more administrative figures, which I have no idea how hard that is since I do not recruit admins here. So i'm going to guess that it's a lot harder than I had previously stated. But still, the fact that it can be done gives promise.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 08:15:08 AM »
Bomberman is in alpha, iirc its kindof broken or something.

Regardless, when OCRP2 comes up, we will have 3 RP gamemodes and 5 RP servers that we need to fill admin spots for. Having another is NOT gonna make anything easier.

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 10:21:11 AM »
nobody plays STRP because of the necessary 1gb content packs and even if CG populated it would die in a month tops

as good as it looks this is the harsh harsh truth
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:24:49 AM by inquisitor spiderman »

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 02:28:36 PM »
nobody plays STRP because of the necessary 1gb content packs and even if CG populated it would die in a month tops

Nobody said we have to have a huge content pack for it. Easily just need a game mode, weapons, and marine models.

Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline {-=ECRP-CO=-}Pvt.Benjamen

• King of Spam
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 04:11:02 PM »
Actually, i am re thinking but i will keep up my -SUPPORT in there, the pictures yes intimidate me, i actually used to play this for about 8 months, There's things like PAC Editor, Music Player to make the missions more epic.

And the only way we're going to be able to put SSTRP up is by having atleast 5 admins in-game, because the missions are set up by them, and we need atleast 20-30 people in it....

So we could set up events on the forum like, "Operation ................ 5/5/2013" and stuff, but as i mentioned in my first post we already have multiple servers and just bringing up SSTRP would bring more havoc to the admins and playerbase for each server, it'd spread out quite fast.
C45.RCT.S1.865: Status: Fine] Recently shot in the foot by 21100 Whilst training in the Killhouse, Was treated by an S4 Unit, Is patrolling the Plaza and just recently clamped P3 With an 05.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 05:15:12 PM »
Actually, i am re thinking but i will keep up my -SUPPORT in there, the pictures yes intimidate me, i actually used to play this for about 8 months, There's things like PAC Editor, Music Player to make the missions more epic.

And the only way we're going to be able to put SSTRP up is by having atleast 5 admins in-game, because the missions are set up by them, and we need atleast 20-30 people in it....

So we could set up events on the forum like, "Operation ................ 5/5/2013" and stuff, but as i mentioned in my first post we already have multiple servers and just bringing up SSTRP would bring more havoc to the admins and playerbase for each server, it'd spread out quite fast.

I'm pretty sure you don't need the Music Player installed in the gamemode. If it extends the download, then it really shouldn't be needed.

Also, it doesn't take 5 admins to run one mission really....Maybe 1-3 but not five, that's just overkill.

And personally, I despise forum RP, but it does sound like a good idea for others who enjoy forum RP.

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 05:31:52 PM »

Nobody said we have to have a huge content pack for it. Easily just need a game mode, weapons, and marine models.

and then you need maps for all the different events and the starships etc - it comes to a lot, most are around a Gigabyte which is a lot more than your average player is willing to download, especially if they don't have such a good internet connection.

you need a lot of content than other rp gamemodes such as hl2rp because there are no (immersive) stock models at all.

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 06:42:05 PM »

and then you need maps for all the different events and the starships etc - it comes to a lot, most are around a Gigabyte which is a lot more than your average player is willing to download, especially if they don't have such a good internet connection.

you need a lot of content than other rp game modes such as hl2rp because there are no (immersive) stock models at all.
True, but we don't need a lot of stuff like that. Even then I don't think it will all max to a gigabyte. That seems a bit extreme, and some people would actually download, and wait for it. Being that the only other community that holds STTRP is Eplison Gaming, and they get players on quite a lot. Their community is let alone based in the UK CG pretty much has a player base averaging around world wide. I'm  pretty sure a lot of people would play it on or at least try it out. Most players who have had Gmod for a long time would have probably already downloaded this stuff from garrysmod.org or the workshop. With maps you tend to pile up a lot of them after a while. For events, and such we don't really always need to move maps for an event. Even then being said on a "rare" time it would happen where maps would be moved.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 08:14:41 AM »
No.

Really, no.

CG is too dumb as shit to do something as serous as SSTRP. And you think events are rare, they need to be done as much as possible to keep the playerbase interested, otherwise it dies. Event's take one or two admins and run for a while and require a different map to the base map.

tl;dr It wont work at cg, its too dumb to handle it.
what

Offline Surgeon XE

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 12:57:29 PM »
Starship Troopers Role Play

Alright let me state first that I think this would be an awesome role play. There are already server out for it, and I watched some of the movie. It's really good, and instantly thought of antlions when I saw the arachnids. So I had to suggest this on the forums instantly, and as fast as I could. This has been done before yes, but Catalyst Gaming is well known, and i'm pretty much almost sure that at least some people would want a starship troopers role play server. Though the argument comes to mind that even if this did happen people don't want new players to start out being giant over powered bugs or marines with guns. I would suggest possibly a city map? Big city with a small star troopers base? Could have events for attacks, fires, and on the very rare setting make the server or a seperate server private to the marines only for a all out battle? I think it would work well, and for those who don't know what it is here is a video giving a brief look on what it really is, and also any thoughts on this? Personally I would love to see a server like this up.

I just found some screenshots of the early version. Though it still needs to get updated to Gmod13 but it's looking good. Dear god this looks amazing.
I did play SSTRP and i must say, it was fun but as its military RP, there is not much to do for players which dont enjoy Passive too much.
And events... All out battles with NPC's usally end in people not doing much other than shoot the NPC's directly and then act like badasses, and when admins try to spice it up, people usally go and get killed, then the shitstorm starts...
I must say i -Support this.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal