Author Topic: Regarding "act muscle" in console.  (Read 7788 times)

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Regarding "act muscle" in console.
« on: January 07, 2013, 02:50:28 AM »
Don't. Do. It.

It shouldn't be less clear to people and common sense not to do it. It will ruin the immersion of the roleplay and therefore it has now been forbidden after speaking with Jonco and KillmePlz.
IF you're caught using the "act muscle" you'll either get a kick or a ban. This thread counts as a warning, so you've recieved one already, before you do it. Do not expect ingame warning, as this will count as your first and only warning.
This does especially count towards units doing so and you will recieve punishment if seen doing it.
Once again, I can't say anything else, that this is common sense to know and I'm highly disappointed that, I have to make this thread, to make people understand.

If you fail to see this thread, that's your own fault.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 06:09:02 AM by Challenge of death sex<3 »

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Regarding "act muscle" in console.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 03:15:56 AM »
can i ask what it is before my curiosity gets the better of me

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 03:18:45 AM »
Units have been doing it out in the plaza, which they should know, they shouldn't be doing since nobody can take it seriously.
Due to this it's now forbidden to do it, everywhere.

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 03:19:39 AM »
can i have my question answered please what does act muscle to i haven't connected to the server yet

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 03:29:02 AM »
It makes you dance like a gay person. You might have seen people doing it in OCRP or something. Feel free to try it out in singleplayer with third person view or something.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 05:22:24 AM »
Should be common sense not to fuck around in public, specially for units.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 08:01:34 AM »
can i have my question answered please what does act muscle to i haven't connected to the server yet

Here you go:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA0ynS4K6Vs" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA0ynS4K6Vs</a>

You can put "act muscle" in console and it will come up with hilarious results. It's great for use in Jailbreak, Trouble in Terrorist Town, Zombie Outbreak, etc gamemodes but it is not appropiate in Half-Life 2 roleplay and will not be acceptable; hence that warning above. :>

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 08:03:16 AM »
Get Khub or Alex to block it? Just like we used to block the default gmod command "pp_pixelrender", act muscle can be blocked as well.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 08:24:02 AM »
Get Khub or Alex to block it? Just like we used to block the default gmod command "pp_pixelrender", act muscle can be blocked as well.

I've spoken to Alex and he might get to do it, not sure when though.
Probably in the next update. When the command has been blocked, this warning will of course be deleted. For now though, it's on the users own responsibility.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 08:51:43 AM »
The "act" command will be blocked in the next update.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 10:06:21 AM »
It makes you dance like a gay person.

Assuming all gays dance like that, which that line alone is pretty homophobic.

Also, why wasn't the act command blocked in the first place unless the devs initially assumed it wouldn't work with the animations but it does for CCA units only. I wondered how long it'd take though until this act command was bannable though. HOWEVER, not every act command should be kickable/bannable, there are SOME useful ones like act group, act forward, act halt, act disagree/agree, etc

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 11:34:18 AM »
It makes you dance like a gay person.

Assuming all gays dance like that, which that line alone is pretty homophobic.

Also, why wasn't the act command blocked in the first place unless the devs initially assumed it wouldn't work with the animations but it does for CCA units only. I wondered how long it'd take though until this act command was bannable though. HOWEVER, not every act command should be kickable/bannable, there are SOME useful ones like act group, act forward, act halt, act disagree/agree, etc

The reason I think it wasn't banned in the start, was due to the reason they weren't thinking about it in the first place.
Either that or they thought people would actually have the common sense, to know they shouldn't be doing it, in the first place.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 11:45:34 AM »
They were originally but that was added in not as base, obviously alex/kuro didn't think to do it, and obviously with going for frantic bug fixing we haven't either.
what

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 03:39:26 PM »
No longer relevant. Locked and unstickied.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal