Author Topic: End of the world?  (Read 4433 times)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
End of the world?
« on: December 20, 2012, 06:22:53 PM »
Do you think the world ends tommorow? Personally, I don't.
http://www.terriblefate.com/
The 'mayans' didn't say it would, and whoever thinks it will is a scare mongering cock bag.

discuss...

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: End of the world?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 06:34:02 PM »
Of course the world won't end; it’s silly in all ways to think that it will. The Mayans didn't actually say that the world would end; this is simply the end of their 'long count' calendar. However I am actually rather interested by the events of tomorrow, not because the world is going to end but rather because it is the end of the long count. Much like with the turn of the millennia and the turn of the centenary, we all got rather excited, these are events that scarcely happen. The end of the long count is very much the same, a b'ak'tun only ends once every 395 years (give or take), so to see one of those pass is quite lucky, but a long count only comes to an end once every 5000 years, so to see one of these, an event that takes that long to come to pass, is quite extraordinary. Well that’s just my opinion on the matter; you could just say it’s a calendar of a long gone civilisation that means nothing to us.
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 06:35:33 PM »
The Media has just exploited it to the fullest extreme, causing some totally dependent on it to believe the End of the World is going to come true.

I.E. Doomsday Preppers, DoomsDay, Nostradomus, etc..

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 06:49:11 PM »
Don't believe the end of the world will come. Though tomorrow, or the day after I do expect a raise in crime, and possibly riots for those people who got scared by the media, and think they can do whatever they want because the world is "going to end."

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 07:05:16 PM »
Don't believe the end of the world will come. Though tomorrow, or the day after I do expect a raise in crime, and possibly riots for those people who got scared by the media, and think they can do whatever they want because the world is "going to end."

OOOOOO, that'll be fun!

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 08:00:51 PM »
I suspect something along the lines of suicides, rioting, political/religious fighting, and other dumb stuff along those lines. All I can say for sure is that if shit does go down, I've got 2 loaded hunting rifles, a shotgun, and a pistol along with plenty o' food.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 08:25:05 PM »
I'm gonna drive to work tomorrow, pump gas for people, drive back home, go grocery shopping (its been 2 weeks) and relax with my sweetheart while watching TV.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 08:35:26 PM »
Well of course the world isn't going to end. The whole idea is a bit dumb to begin with but then again, there's no such thing as being too careful. Even if shit does go down it's better to be prepared and not need any of the stuff you have then not be prepared and actually need it. But over all, It's just going to be another day tomorrow aside from the suicides/murders/riots/theft etc.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 08:31:41 AM »
I don't think it's going to end but people who are into astrology say that the Age of Aquarius has started today, or has already been transition to Pisces. According to Rudolf Steiner it will happen another 1500 years or so.

You can read about the Age of Aquarius here: http://earthsky.org/human-world/when-will-the-age-of-aquarius-begin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_aquarius

Another theory could be that the polar shifts actually switch although that can be unlikely during our time because it shouldn't be happening in another 500/1000/2000(etc. etc. etc.) years or so. We call this Geomagnetic reversal: If this did happen today we would noticed: Birds flying places where they aren't suppose to be because of this magnetic field change or whales beached because they are following these magnetic poles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reversal

This is what it would look like:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 11:36:52 AM by Cookiesofamerica-PS2 »
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 10:25:35 AM »
Stupid Mayans, failing to get the end of the world right, now I have to take a damn test.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 02:23:45 PM »
Guys. The Mayans did not predict the world ending. Well they did, but not with the calendar. Who thought that a calender is meant to represent the end of the world. A calender is a pad with dates of the year. And when a year is up another calender begins. And if the world was going to end. It would not be made off some man-made calender it would be based off the universe's time calender. If it had one. The Mayan calender ended so another one begins. But not in this case due to the Mayan extinction. So why are we all saying 'The Mayans lied' and 'The 2012 apocalypse is bullshit' It was never meant to be a doomsday clock in the first place.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal