Author Topic: Admins on OCRP  (Read 7237 times)

Offline NykezTV

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Admins on OCRP
« on: May 31, 2011, 02:03:14 AM »
Is it just me or are the admins just kicking/banning without both sides of the story?

Offline Super Supreme Admiral Justin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Admins on OCRP
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 02:18:06 AM »
they ban based on evidence.
Graphic artist | Web Designer | Gamer

Offline NykezTV

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 02:55:46 AM »
Justin,Stfu I never said anything about  a ban or anything considering a ban,so fuck off

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 03:25:22 AM »
Justin,Stfu I never said anything about  a ban or anything considering a ban,so fuck off

Jordan show some respect. Im sick and tired of you complaining about administrators 24/7. And it seems to happen everytime you get banned.

Next time i see you flame somebody i will ban you from the servers or forum depends on where you flame.

I will not lock this, but if you continue to tell people to fuck off, you will be removed from the forums.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Desperado

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 03:53:17 AM »
Is it just me or are the admins just kicking/banning without both sides of the story?

You actually did mention banning you idiot so dont start being a dick towards other people when your in the wrong you aint gonna make friends like that.

And since your current ban is based off a ban request with a nice video of you rule breaking I think you already have your answer
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 03:58:08 AM by inF.Desperado »

Offline Katsu

• #1 KotL picker
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 03:58:08 AM »
Its funny because they DO get both sides of the story. But if your acting like you are right now I wonder why they might not have taken time to listen to your insult filled story.

Edit: Also since its CLEAR that you only made this thread because you were banned, it was obvious that you did the things shown in the video.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 04:01:28 AM by Katsu »

Offline LG-IM.Swagger

• Given 250 Credits and all I get was this fucking title?
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 05:14:51 AM »
Was it just me or was RTLK blowing himself up yesterday in the middle of BP?

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 05:28:47 AM »
Admins, believe it or not, try to get both sides of the story. With some of the players this is nearly impossible and so most admins act upon what they've heard or seen them selves if they can't get both sides of the story.

Admining on OCRP is incredibly hard as some of the rules can't really be monitored, unlike RDM, Car DM, etc, so an admin usually has to rely on his own senses because both sides of the story are usually "HE DID THIS" "NO HE DID THAT" and that can really wind an admin up when all they want is a simple story.

I don't think you can really complain about admining until you've done it, it's not as easy as swishing a godstick around.

Also, we have ban requests/appeals for a reason

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 07:57:27 AM »
Only question I got, why did he only get one day? He does that a lot and its like his 8th ban.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 08:56:28 AM »
Was it just me or was RTLK blowing himself up yesterday in the middle of BP?
What are you tring to achieve with this post?

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 09:12:47 AM »
Only question I got, why did he only get one day? He does that a lot and its like his 8th ban.
Agreed.
Admins, believe it or not, try to get both sides of the story. With some of the players this is nearly impossible and so most admins act upon what they've heard or seen them selves if they can't get both sides of the story.

Admining on OCRP is incredibly hard as some of the rules can't really be monitored, unlike RDM, Car DM, etc, so an admin usually has to rely on his own senses because both sides of the story are usually "HE DID THIS" "NO HE DID THAT" and that can really wind an admin up when all they want is a simple story.

I don't think you can really complain about admining until you've done it, it's not as easy as swishing a godstick around.

Also, we have ban requests/appeals for a reason
Thats pretty much it. People don't realise how difficult it is to admin on OCRP. I would say over half my time spent on OCRP is admining.

Anyway i ALWAYS try and get both sides of a story before i do anything. You might have observed me phys gunning people to the roof. I speak with them, try and get both sides of the story and then decide what to do from there.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 10:23:40 AM »
Unfortunately they are more favorable to their friends and attend their needs.
They will ban based of logs even if they prove insufficient. They will go through every possible aspect to justify a week ban. It's was a pain, however they are not very experienced so are still learning the ways, so I do not find it annoying. 

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 10:39:02 AM »
Is it me or is it that everyone complains about who the admin is when they get banned. I've seen OCRP, everyone acts like they don't know what Role-play is, RP or please just leave.

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 10:41:31 AM »

But yeah no proof = no demotions/bans

Why is this still unlocked?
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Super Supreme Admiral Justin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 12:24:29 PM »
because jordan complains a lot. and the admins want to see the community show him that their done with it. i like this thread...
Graphic artist | Web Designer | Gamer

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal