Author Topic: Universe project  (Read 4417 times)

Offline Mr.Qman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Universe project
« on: December 09, 2012, 01:51:27 PM »
http://launch2.universeprojects.com

Just have a look at that, virtual reality. Seems amazing, but this idea would probobly take so many years to create, it would either be abandoned, or need to be added onto.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:24:29 PM by .apex »

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Universe project
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 06:29:44 PM »
I know a game like this that already exists. It's called "The outside."
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 11:15:34 PM »

Link to website? I want

Anyways, the game looks like it would be a lot of fun. Can't wait till it comes out, even though it says it's going to be in like a ~year lol.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:19:14 PM by Cow ??¦? ???°??? ???? ???°???¤ »
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 11:34:43 PM »
I've thought about this for years.

Post Auto-Merged: December 09, 2012, 11:42:01 PM

Link to website? I want

Anyways, the game looks like it would be a lot of fun. Can't wait till it comes out, even though it says it's going to be in like a ~year lol.

Cow lol, c'mon man.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:42:01 PM by Chris Hansen »

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 12:37:16 AM »
I've thought about this for years.

Post Auto-Merged: December 09, 2012, 11:42:01 PM

Link to website? I want

Cow lol, c'mon man.

I was joking lol.

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 03:13:54 AM »
Sounds like it would take a ridiculous number of active players to even be feasible

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 03:21:07 AM »
Sounds like it would take a ridiculous number of active players to even be feasible

Look at WoW. Walk into a major city, and look how many players there are. That's not even the other players wondering around in other areas. And guess what, that's only one server. There are many many many WoW servers out there that have many people on them. If I'm correct, this game will have everyone playing together, allowing to have massive armies and whatnot.

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 07:07:09 AM »
Look at WoW. Walk into a major city, and look how many players there are. That's not even the other players wondering around in other areas. And guess what, that's only one server. There are many many many WoW servers out there that have many people on them. If I'm correct, this game will have everyone playing together, allowing to have massive armies and whatnot.

WoW isn't exactly the size of the earth. Unless they have millions of concurrent on at any point during the day, the world beside a few major cities are going to be as dead as the dodo. And that's not even to mention when they expand past earth and open up the entire galaxy (Or so they say).

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 10:45:41 AM »
This would have to be F2P and I doubt the server(s?) would be particularly stable.

As much as I'd like to see it, I'm struggling to be very optimistic about this as it seems like one of those "too good to be true" kinda things.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 11:01:48 AM »
This would have to be F2P and I doubt the server(s?) would be particularly stable.

As much as I'd like to see it, I'm struggling to be very optimistic about this as it seems like one of those "too good to be true" kinda things.

In the same boat as Rene here...

As much as I would love this to happen it seems impossible.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 11:51:34 AM »
Here's my post from the other thread:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=295281083922848&set=a.295281073922849.68938.251785308272426&type=1&theater

... meh

You know honestly if it comes out like that I probably won't play it. Not someone who needs good graphics, but still.

That's the concept art made in photoshop in like 5 mins. Apparently it's going to start off isometric but then work its way into 3D. They said specifically that the game will look much better than that concept.

It's going to be hard to change a game from Isometric to 3D. Why not just start 3D? Seems like a waste of time.

Also, I'm kind of just not getting how people actually think this is going to happen. Sure, it's possible, but let's just look at a few things first:

The developers have the idea to create a game where ANYTHING is possible! Literally, anything can happen. If it can be played in an infinite number of ways, there's an infinite number of possibilities, and it's as realistic as real life, can you imagine how long it would take to make that script? And if players can actually do whatever they want (and I mean anything), how are they going to pull that off with a Isometric and (what looks like) point and click mechanics? 

Think about it, the developers obviously don't know where they're going with this one and clearly haven't put enough thought into it.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 01:19:59 PM »
Stop posting referral links, or even worse stop disguising them. If you want to post a referral link, you must tell that its a referral.

From this post on i'll give forumbans instead.

With that said, i think the game is too ambitious. Consider WoW, i dont think that has much more than a million, 2 at most, playing at once. Even then, they said the world would be size of Earth, which has 8 billion people. Thats 8000 million. It needs a PRETTY HUGE CONCURRENT playerbase for it to not seem empty. And then when they expand to other planets? Hm.

Then again, if the world is scaled down, then it could work.

Heres my referral link if anyone wants to help me out, we can help eachother. http://lnc.hr/nKFr
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:25:22 PM by .apex »

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 01:28:43 PM »
You realise we already have a thread for this in Other Games

http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=20974

Locking this one as we don't need two.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal