Author Topic: Atlas - Showing the way since 2017  (Read 4438 times)

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Atlas - Showing the way since 2017
« on: November 12, 2012, 08:52:50 PM »

Members of Atlas hail from a diverse range of past lifestyles, but there is one thing they all share. Lucius Orion, Atlas's founding father, has

engrained in Atlas the creed pax in bello — peace in the midst of war. Each member of Atlas is dedicated to restoring some semblance of hope and

civility to an otherwise hopeless and uncivil age. Likewise, each member of Atlas is prepared, if necessary, to make sacrifices for the furtherance of

Atlas's mission.

Recruiting is simple and straightforward. Atlas candidates are observed to determine whether they possess certain innate qualities, such as ingenuity,

loyalty, a sense of principles, and a good work ethic. Besides positive character traits, no special technical skills or other requirements are required

for selection, although they are always welcome. However, it should be noted that although Atlas members are not selective in who they help, only a

trusted few will be truly accepted into their ranks.

Callisto

Bluff

YankeeSamurai

Kronic
Lewis
Blt
Brandon Sacawv
Burning Bullet

It is crucial for Atlas to know what resources are available to its members. The Atlas cell operating in C45 maintains an complete

inventory of its supplies and updates it daily. All Atlas members are tasked with contributing to the cell supply cache, but only cell

managers and the cell leader are authorized to submit changes to the inventory logs. Contributions go straight to the cause of helping

the less fortunate in C45.

Note that the Atlas supply cache is hidden ICly and interacted with ICly. Its purpose is to enhance roleplay immersion by adding real

roleplay significance to items which should be ICly rare or valuable, and to lend true importance to activities such as scavenging and

bartering.

- - - -  0001 (Tokens)

- - - - 0001 (Items - Medical Supplies)

- - - - 0001 (Items - Food and Drinks)

- - - - 0001 (Items - Miscellaneous)

We have tasks that we need to accomplish. There will be minor and major tasks. 

Major Tasks: These tasks significantly affect the development of Atlas and its members, and its supporters. Major tasks are created

by the Atlas leader to give an overarching direction to roleplay, ensuring that there's always something big on players' minds. As a member of Atlas, it

is your job to be somewhat focused on at least one of these tasks.

Minor Tasks: There will almost always be a few minor tasks on hand. Although it is understood that characters may already be busy

with a higher priority activity, minor tasks are still important and any progress in the way of accomplishing them is important to the smooth

functioning of Atlas. If you wish to add a minor task, post below of you ICly doing so. Again, please keep it IC. For example: John Doe scribbles

something on scrap of paper; it reads, "Clean up garbage behind bar counter." He proceeds to pin it on the bulletin board, which will be periodically read by Atlas radio operators.

Major
Establish a reasonable reputation with the public and keep an eye out for citizens who have quality traits that we could use in Atlas.

Search for medical supplies & or a medical profession who may be able to aid in the Cartographer's potential battle against cancer.

Minor
Aquire at least 500 tokens by the end of the month.

Make sure that the resources cache has a decent amount of supplies to feed and take care of those who need it.

Actualize - Forty Five

Atlas is a organization formed by Lucius Orion. What started with a small collection of noble citizens who stood up to the oppressing force of the

combine by no, not using force or anger, but by helping the citizens around them. They provided food drops, (like many other unrelated people), they

gathered supplies and worked with the little that they had, and made do with the little that they had. But by providing to others around them, by

sharing and uniting with those around them, they created something much bigger. Eventually, they absorbed others and formed a small, yet persevering

crew known as the Safe Haven. Successfully taking care of citizens in the City 45 area, they prospered within the confines of a small warehouse. They

had gathered and grown a small cache of food, found drugs to medicate sick and dying citizens, and they kept doing so for as long as they needed too.

They believed in a phrase that Lucius had taught them, "pax in bello," which meant peace in the midst of war. They did their best to follow this

rule, over all. Eventually, they were armed with the equipment to defend themselves from the local Civil Authorities. They hadn't expected to actually

need to, though. But inside that dark fortress the Universal Union call a city, greed and desperation grows within the corrupted minds of citizens. With

the loyalists promising rewards and comfort for aiding the Union, a new danger rises beneath the Safe Haven itself. Word spreads of this Safe Haven.

Some find the thought of living in comfort promising, but others see it as an opportunity. With the rumor spreading like a virus, it isn't long until

the Civil Authorities hear about it. At first, "No. Not possible. They couldn't be living under our noses without us even knowing!" But then, they

realize that they have been foolish not to expect something like this. Safe Haven was no longer safe, at this very moment. It wasn't long until Safe

Haven began to grow suspicious of loyalist investigations. The crew running the operation knew that they were caught. So, one day when the warehouse was

empty and no one was around, they locked the doors of the building for good. No one could get in through the large, steal warehouse doors. Eventually,

people stopped trying to get in and just, left. The plants outside of the building had withered and decayed while the Civil Authorities made plans to

seize the operation. The building was as good as abandoned by the time they actually breached the facility. Breaking the lock, the Civil Authorities

pushes through the doors expecting a firefight from the information they gathered. OverWatch at the ready, units dispatched all around the perimeter of

the warehouse, they entered, and found nothing. An empty warehouse. The crew had vanished. No one had heard from them. They left nothing behind. The

warehouse was eventually restored to it's very minimum by an unknown citizen. But the Safe Haven was never again. Until now. Coming out from the

shadows, the very last remnants of that crew return. Now returning, they hope to strive and learn from their previous mistakes.

Spoiler for Quick FAQ:

Q: Why didn't you post in Outside City 45 » Non-official Groups?
A: I posted in here because that's Outlands. Atlas is a city group.

Q: Did everything that happened in 'History' section really occur in CG's HL2RP?
A: Yes. Everything I wrote on the Safe Haven is actually true, though when the warehouse was raided by the CCA, me and Yagrum had stopped playing city, so I guess we didn't really mean to vanish ICly, but the warehouse was dead and abandoned.

Q: Is Atlas focused on weapons and power?
A: No. Atlas is focused on being a real resistance. We want to help, not shoot you for your goodies.

Q: Why did you create Atlas?
A: I noticed that a lot of people really want Citizen RP. With Atlas, my colleagues and I are going to try and increase the amount of Citizen RP that actually goes on. A big part of this is the 'tasks'.

Feel free to ask a question, as it will be answered.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Atlas is an extremely secretive group ICly, so if you come to us like you know everything about us, you're obviously meta-gaming. Don't.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Changelog:

-Added a few people and removed everyone's IC names in case of meta-game

Just because you read this post, doesn't mean you know that Atlas exists ICly, and you probably haven't heard of it.

Thanks to YankeeSamurai for doing most of the writing in this post, sharing his ideas and opinions with me, and overall helping me create the organization itself.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 06:51:50 PM by Bluff »

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Atlas - Showing the way since 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 05:47:21 PM »
Looks nice.

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 07:32:27 PM »
How does one become an Atlas candidate? Can we ask about it and be put on le' "To-be-watched" list?
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 08:43:37 PM »
How does one become an Atlas candidate? Can we ask about it and be put on le' "To-be-watched" list?

Most of the recruitment is done ICly. Just find us ICly (assuming that you heard about us / know about us from actual in-game RP), and get to know us a bit better. Then we'll start to think about letting you in.

But since the hl2rp servers are down right, Atlas is really going through a 'developing' process almost, and i'm letting people throw there ideas in and get a say in how Atlas should be ran. If you want, add me on steam and we can talk about a few things. I'd love to have you help us out with this.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 10:16:56 PM by Bluff »

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 09:59:33 PM »
Looks nice.

Thanks.

Most (not all) candidates will be selected from a pool of characters we are familiar with ICly and who are on good terms with the rest of the C45 cell. If you're looking to join ICly, I would shy away from asking directly to join unless you really know what you're doing.
o7

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 10:55:34 PM »
Part 1 - Atlas Orientation Manual - ABOUT
By Bluff and YankeeSamurai
© 2017
Edit 1.5
Security 5

We put Atlas forward as a solution to the historic lack of in-depth resistance roleplay on the HL2RP city server. You, too, can be part of this effort - provided you have what it takes.

Atlas is a city resistance group with multiple objectives.
  • Be proactive in encouraging and facilitating fun resistanceRP on both a day-to-day basis and on the community in a long-term sense.
  • Dispel negative stereotypes and clichés about resistanceRP and replace them with favorable impressions.
  • Provide roleplay direction and advancement opportunities for Atlas members and resistance characters in general.
  • Maintain a level of IC and OOC secrecy regarding the roles/identities of members, group activities, and the nature of the group itself.

Atlas remains focused on helping citizens in whatever capacity is possible. Neglecting the citizenship in favor of more flashy or action-packed roleplay is tempting, but will undermine the integrity of Atlas and corrupt its moral high ground. Helping the citizen populace will always take precedent over other operations such as espionage and sabotage. Although the group is not an exclusively medical one, Atlas chooses to work by the medical maxim “First, do no harm.”

It is only fair that new members know what to expect, so let this be clear:
Glamorous and action-packed roleplay will be rare in Atlas. We have no use for members who expect public recognition, fame, or prestige from their time in Atlas. Attention-seekers cause problems and drama, and attach negative stigmas to both the group and to resistanceRP as a whole. Atlas does not pretend to be for everyone, it is openly selective because it has to be. Some players will not be able to join Atlas because they will only bring setbacks to the group and its cause. Maintaining a high IC and OOC standard of professionalism, skill, and character is required for Atlas to succeed in its goals.

When it comes to activity, players in Atlas are expected to give Atlas priority over other factions. The leadership of Atlas subscribes to the “quality over quantity” philosophy. Having five dedicated, talented members is preferable to having twenty inactive, mediocre members. Real life takes precedence and it always will, but when it comes to gaming, we ask that members place Atlas as a top priority.

The ideal Atlas player:
  • Genuinely enjoys participating the day-to-day roleplay of the group.
  • Is happy to improve the experiences of other players on the server, whether or not they are conscious of it.
  • Appreciates the opportunity to make an impact on the overall roleplay of the server, whether or not the general community is conscious of it.
  • Possesses a mature mentality, an intelligent mindset, a willingness to work with people, a selfless attitude, and other qualities of leadership.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 08:42:45 AM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 12:34:13 AM »
This looks pretty sweet. There hasn't been a real good group like this that's active and potentially having a larger overall impact (at least that survived for awhile) in the City since I've been back. Even if I'm not apart of the group, I'd sure love to have the chance to roleplay with ya' guys. It'll be nice to have a real Resistance group for a change.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 12:41:38 AM »
Thank you, we're trying to do things right and learn from the mistakes of past groups. We can't wait to get RPing once the server comes up, and I'm sure you'll encounter us in one form or another, although you might not know it at the time!
o7

Offline NDsmore

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 01:59:32 AM »
Looks good! Just as long as everyone puts in a good effort, I'm sure this won't be a fluke. Can't wait for the RP

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 07:59:05 AM »
I'm excited for this as well. Knowing those of you involved in its creation and management, I'm certain it will be a success in its mission to change the face of resistance RP. I'm interested in finding ways to add interactions with this group to my character's back story in some way or another.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 04:08:07 PM »
Thanks everybody, we appreciate the enthusiasm and support. As soon as the server returns, Atlas will be up and running straight from the get-go.
o7

Offline Reaver

• THE CRAB MOTHER
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 12:24:48 PM »
Glad to see someone deviating from the 'kill loyalists and talk smack' reblul groups. I've seen several decently structured groups, and have belonged to more than one, so I'm glad to see another one popping up. I look forward to Roleplaying with you lot.
A Freudian dick is when you say what's really on your mind instead of what you intended to say

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 11:14:23 PM »
This shows much promise.
Continue efforts and you might recieve some additional wares from a few of my characters.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Actualize - Forty Five
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 01:22:32 AM »

After spending far too long away from their own movement, Atlas returns to do as much as they can for the citizens residing within the over-sized fortress known as City 45.

Updates:

Major
Establish a reasonable reputation with the public and keep an eye out for citizens who have quality traits that we could use in Atlas.

Search for medical supplies & or a medical profession who may be able to aid in the Cartographer's potential battle against cancer.

-

It's important that we make a good first impression on the residents of City 45, without revealing too much about ourselves. Our goal here is to help without making enemies, so if we expose ourselves to too many people we'll have to be a threat to at least one of them. We're hoping that we don't leave a bad taste in too many peoples' mouths.

While we already have that to work on, the Cartographer's recent health and age issues might be heeding us a warning. It's more then a possibility that he has cancer. He is nearing an old age and his previous lifestyle hasn't helped us out much either. While we have none of the required equipment to give him a proper diagnosis, we must prepare for the worse. It'll be like finding a needle in a haystack, the Cartographer is more then a valuable asset to the team. Without the Cartographer at our side, morale will be significantly effected.

Minor
Aquire at least 500 tokens by the end of the month.

Make sure that the resources cache has a decent amount of supplies to feed and take care of those who need it.

-

If we do eventually find a medical professional or someone with medical supplies, it's very unlikely that they will be willing to give us their expertise or supplies for free. We'll also need to look for more then just tokens, as we're estimating that our resources will be stressed due to the number of starving citizens in City 45.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:19:22 PM by Bluff »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal