Author Topic: Simon Reilly's Personal Recorder  (Read 2701 times)

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Simon Reilly's Personal Recorder
« on: October 24, 2012, 07:22:37 PM »
*Tape Clicks On*

Only two today. Of those, only one survived.

The first was a female. Gave her name as Samantha Walker. Came from farther up north, and was thus effected by third-degree  frost-bite. I was forced to amputate two toes, and one of her ears. The remaining tissue damage was mostly Chilblains and ulcers. The girl said she was only passing through, trying to get farther south to beat the coming winter. Makes me wonder if I should be doing the same. I can't ignore that the weather has grown fiercer.

The second was a male. No name was given, as he wasn't conscious to do so. Blunt force injury, with something thin; perhaps a metal rebar? Regardless, he suffered several broken ribs, and a skull fracture. I did manage to remove the bone fragments that posed immediate risk, but an Epidural Hemotoma developed before I had proper time to react. The swelling killed him before I managed to properly drain the excess fluid... You win some, lose some, I guess...

I should consult Eli, or maybe Matt about the coming cold. Proper precautions need to be met if we are to be prepared for the months ahead. Food, electricity, proper-warmth; these are our priorities. Unfortunately, it seems as though too many refugees out here are consumed with taking up flags, and symbols, to gun down those who bear other flags or symbols. It's a waste of human life. If we can't work together, especially in the difficult times we surely have ahead, then we're destined to perish.

There seems to be no one dedicated to assistance any more. Lord knows, I spend most of my time treating wounds caused by The Crazies, or The Sirens, or whatever other horrible group exists out there. They even have vehicles, simply to continue their petty squabbles. I sincerely wish I could get my hands on someone who could drive me about. What with my injuries, mobility is very inconvenient. There must be someone out there with the resources to accomplish such things.

I've had too hard of a day not to enjoy a drink, and a recorder simply isn't pleasant company. Until further updates.

*Tape Clicks Off*

Out of Character for OOC:
This is something I plan to update around every couple of days, as a vent for what's going on with this character until OL is back up. It's also a handy place to channel some medical knowledge :D
I'm a fag

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Simon Reilly's Personal Recorder
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 07:59:58 PM »
Everyone's ripping on the Crazies, dayum. And Beans will drive you around if you ask nicely.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 08:13:15 PM »
I wasn't :c

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 10:25:34 PM »
I know but since we're one of the only factions in the outlands and out of the group, the most unsavory, that makes us into villains, so I've noticed.

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 08:00:22 PM »
*Tape Clicks On*

Installment number two. Three patients today.

First gave his name as 'Hatty', though clearly not his initial title. Consulted me concerning his daughter, or girlfriend. Their relationship was very ambiguous, though given the man's peculiar nature, I wouldn't be suprised if she was both. The girl, who wouldn't give her name, had aparrently been suffering from random installments of gripping anxiety and stress, and tome, it was evident why. She bore several bruises and marks on her face and arms. The signs of domestic abuse are hard to mistake.

Still, it's not my place to intervene. I would if I had the strength or the empowerment, but I have neither. Instead, I simply taught her the 'Ten Things' exercise. It's a good way to take the stress off, since the mind can't focus on two things at once and all; unfortunately, it's never been much use to me. A good drink does the trick, though.

Second was a woman. She'd twisted up her leg very bad while travelling on the road. Slipped on black-ice, or something along those lines. On closer inspection, I found that she had, in fact, broken her ankle. She had little to offer in the way of pain-threshold, and she has wailing around and sobbing awfully. I had to get some help from someone who.. I can't quite recall. Anyway, I iced it, kept it elevated for about an hour, and fixed a splint over it. I asked her to stay for a few days time so I could later fix a cast around it, and some other horrible excuse for a crutch could be found. She agreed, though not without argument. She was going south as fast as she could. So many running from the cold...

The last was a man, one that I had treated some time ago for a bullet wound in his hip. I was indeed happy to see that he was still getting around, though no one who comes to me isn't a bearer of happiness, and his ailment was evident. He said he'd lost a card game, and tried to make off with the winnings regardless; a lousy coupe of tokens. His card 'buddies' beat the piss out of him. He came to me with a cracked rib and a broken nose. Simple enough to patch up, though a waste of plaster and time. Petty squabbles spent bickering and fighting over the same stupid shit all the time. Still, half my job before the war was fixing up these same kinds of people.

No one seems to have it together anymore. I'm beginning to lose hope for the Outlands. Too many factions, too many people who don't share the ultimate goal of collective survival. Don't these people understand that they are the remainder of a fraction of our race? I usually try not to think about it, but this damn recorder gets my philosophy lobe churning... I can't see it fit to use this thing until further notice. I'll try to get some sleep, likely fail, and then have a drink.

*Tape Clicks Off*
I'm a fag

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 04:14:24 PM »
*Tape Clicks On*

Oh god, what a fucking day. I've never seen such mayhem. There was an attack, a little ways out of the valley. Some sort of giant attacked some caravaneers transporting goods across Romania, towards City 34. Six dead now, two survivors, but just barely. I doubt either will live through the night.

From the looks of their wounds, I'd say the attacker used a hammer to inflict most of his damage. Skulls will pulverized entirely. I've only seen this sort of thing in car crashes. The two survivors... the one had every bone surrounding his leg joint broken. It was hanging off him like it was attached with jelly.

The other couldn't even speak. His spine was broken in three places, around the lumbar and cervical. One of his ribs punctured his lung, because he was coughing up blood fiercely. Hacking it up too much to speak. I don't want to use any pain-killers... I want them for people I know will survive. I can't do mercy killings. I've never killed anyone, for Christ's sake, not even in the Gulf.

I've been yelling for Eli, for anyone, to get down here and talk to the one who can still speak, while he's still alive. No one's responding.

*There is a brief pause before the tape clicks off*
I'm a fag

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 06:30:57 PM »
*Tape Clicks On*

Both men from yesterday are now deceased. I hardly have a place to put all these bodies...

Thankfully, none of the patients that came to see me today are dead, and there were many. The first was a familiar face; one I hoped not to see. The Sirens girl, 'Razors', came to me, very early in the morning. She was concerned that she had contracted an STD from one of the men who had raped her. Good lord, I haven't had such an uncomfortable session since I arrived here in the Outlands.

She sat there, staring at the floor like a guilty child, but became frighteningly angry after every question I asked her. Of course, they were uncomfortable questions, but she did come to me, and I do have to ask these questions  if I'm to get proper answers. Unfortunately, neither of us got the answers we requested. She stormed out before we could come to a proper conclusion. She's got some real mental issues, I mean it. If I could get her to calm down for once, maybe I could get to the bottom of what's wrong with her.

The second patient was Michael Heywood. Not a well known man around these parts, though I've seen him before. He's a hunter that takes his prey from where-ever he can find it, and lugs it back to whoever he sells it to. Anyway, he  came to me with extreme frostbite. Three digits on his left hand; the middle, ring, and pinky finger, and all been severely effected. He would offer no explanation for them, though it's fairly obvious. The weather is going to hit this place very, very hard, and I don't think many people are aware of it.

Anyway, the frostbite had been left untreated, reportedly for about 12 days. After closer inspection, I determined them  to all be 4th degree burns, and grossly gangrenous. I amputated all three of the affected finger above the proximal phalange, then serrated all of them. Gah, this cut-throat medicine makes me sick. Anyway, I spared some of my dwindling pain-killer supply on him. He's laid up now in the back room. I figure he'll be here for a day or two before he takes off again.

The third patient of the day was another familiar face, one I'm much more willing to see. Eli came to me, asking me to look further into his post-resurrection condition. I didn't know much about it, being of limited intelligence in vort-essence, but I did my best. The melanin in his skin seem to be far less absorbing of tint. He's taken on the shade of a dead man, or an albino. In terms of texture, it's cracked and flaky, though I can't find an immediate explanation for that either. I gave him some ointment to rub onto areas I thought to be the worst effected, then looked some at his eyes.

Honestly, I can't find any explanation for the luminescence of his eyes, though I can't imagine it to be healthy. I'll have to get in touch with a vortigaunt to seek council. I believe that Tekel still takes refuge in the basement down at the inn.

My last patient was very worrisome. A young girl; honestly, no younger than Ali. She seeked some help with a drug addiction, heroin, she said. Snorting up her nose... better than the needle I guess. There's no shortage of bad needles and blood diseases out here. She'd only been using for two or so months, but still wanted nothing more than to get away from it. I told her she needed isolation, she's staying here at the clinic with me until the withdrawal is over. Makes me worry for Ali herself.

There are strange men coming into the Outlands these days, men I know are involved with drugs. One old biker man, another young guy in a wheel-chair... I've seen them dealing their shit, though I don't have the strength to take them myself. All these bad influences, and a little kid out looking for abuse. Makes me want to vomit.

*There's a hesitant pause, clearly Simon struggling to find more to say, before the tape clicks off*
I'm a fag

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 07:35:27 AM »
One old biker man = Scruffy?

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 07:44:19 AM »
I like the detail you put on Eli's part. You got most of his "condition" right, though the skin thing is not really an IC factor on it :P You missed the blood being luminiscent too xD but that's something anyone can miss really. can't wait to read the next one

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 02:21:28 PM »
One old biker man = Scruffy?

Yesh. I don't figure he and Simon will get along too well.

I like the detail you put on Eli's part. You got most of his "condition" right, though the skin thing is not really an IC factor on it :P You missed the blood being luminiscent too xD but that's something anyone can miss really. can't wait to read the next one

I should've asked for more detail from you on his condition. I figured I had it down already :P
I'm a fag

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal