Author Topic: mars colony server  (Read 5436 times)

Offline Emory.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
mars colony server
« on: September 25, 2012, 09:39:36 PM »
I think it would be cool if there was a mars colony rp server. it would not be based on any movie,game or book it would be are own canon so we can say the year is 2134 and that earth got overpopulated and they had to move people to mars.  i know for fact this won't happen  but it would be cool.  this is my first real post so don't beat me :(
Emory.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: mars colony server
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 09:42:53 PM »
Good idea, although I believe Roflwaffle said a few months back that he doesn't want anymore RP servers. Personally, I'd like to see it happen. It would be cool to maybe have different factions that went to war or something.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Emory.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 09:56:01 PM »
One way we could be original is instead of have the un navy or something we would have NATO creating a space division and they made so you would have NATO troops protecting the colony then china gets mad cause i guess there like superpower by then and crate there own space division and they have skirmishes and stuff. i should make my own game lol.
Emory.

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 10:27:18 AM »

In all seriousness this seems original enough and would have enough depth to be fun, I'd like to see it.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 05:13:50 PM »

In all seriousness this seems original enough and would have enough depth to be fun, I'd like to see it.

The Red Faction movie was p damn good lol.

But yea, who knows, maybe this could happen, and I'd love to see it.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 06:51:35 PM »
I was thinking about something like this too, except based off of Dead Space's story. Like if you were to push it back a few years before the Necromorphs infested the stations, planets etc. and you had Earth Gov and the CEC etc. I like your idea, it would need a lot more thought put into it though.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 09:48:32 PM »
I like the idea of NATO vs China space program, but once the competition heats up and skirmishes start happening, it will turn into a deathmatch server.  It would be like allowing an all out rebellion on the City server.  As has been stated numerous times, this needs more thought but it has a lot of potential.

Offline Emory.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 10:35:29 PM »
Yeah maybie t should be like idk the way you fight in outlands or stalker rp just few people get guns chinese soldiers or NATO soldiers or just peope who post apps ie non minges
Emory.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 11:06:47 PM »
I like the idea of NATO vs China space program, but once the competition heats up and skirmishes start happening, it will turn into a deathmatch server.  It would be like allowing an all out rebellion on the City server.  As has been stated numerous times, this needs more thought but it has a lot of potential.

I'm sure we could put boundaries on what you can/cannot do. People would have to think logical, and not just "lolwars". More like assassinations and whatnot. Hell, maybe there could be some aliens/creatures that would attack the colonists, so everyone units and fights back or something. I dunno, I haven't put to much thought into it.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 03:14:29 AM »
Interesting idea.
But instead of only two factions, all out war who goes like; "Omg, u be different than uz, u haz to die, yes!" I would like to see a third faction. Possible a neutral faction. Seeing as, if we are in space, there isn't any possible way to make food and so we would need "traders." Do you think two all-out war factions would trade with each others? No. We would need a third faction, assuming a trading faction who trades with people and have their own base, WITH defense of course.
That's only an idea truly.
The two other factions, possible the two "mad" factions, who's faction each others, could be miners instead of an OP Secret military with metal arms and laser beams.
Could be much more interesting, that's my thought of course.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 03:19:44 AM »
The two other factions, possible the two "mad" factions, who's faction each others, could be miners instead of an OP Secret military with metal arms and laser beams.

I dunno if anyone has played the Red Faction games (the first ones not the modern one with the lololblowupbuildings physics) but that's pretty much what it is, haven't played it in a long time but Red Faction seems to sum up everyone's ideas and would be awesome RP:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Faction#Plot

We could just do RP around the times before the game-storyline, miners starting to rebel but being stopped pretty easily, maybe some events could be larger rebellions and other stuff, dunno just throwing ideas out.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:22:14 AM by Smt »

Offline Emory.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 07:28:38 AM »
good idea smt that would be cool to but i only played guerrilla did not play the first one u just like bashing people with hammers lol.
Emory.

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 11:35:28 AM »
Interesting idea.
But instead of only two factions, all out war who goes like; "Omg, u be different than uz, u haz to die, yes!" I would like to see a third faction. Possible a neutral faction. Seeing as, if we are in space, there isn't any possible way to make food and so we would need "traders." Do you think two all-out war factions would trade with each others? No. We would need a third faction, assuming a trading faction who trades with people and have their own base, WITH defense of course.
That's only an idea truly.
Could be much more interesting, that's my thought of course.

Safety First - sells mining and protective equipment.
bam

Offline Emory.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 12:07:13 PM »
I have idea how about chinese mining co gets pissed at a say us and eu mining co  and they try to take land but then it turns bloody so they use makeshift weapons and a middle ground would be settlers who are just stuck in the middle of it. 
Emory.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 02:54:43 AM »
I envision this game type as a sort of Red Faction meets the Cold War.  I frankly don't think that both factions would make war with each other, being as Mars is a large planet and only two factions are colonizing it.  In my honest opinion, fighting would not be that big of a problem.  The only way this could ever heat up is if one faction was to toss all logic out the window and just lol shoot at the other.  RP would vary from faction and status:  EU/NATO miners would probably have some modern citizen RP, Chinese miners would probably be treated more like citizens in HL2RP, etc.  Also, I like the idea of having wild alien creatures, that would give a better reason to have men with guns rather than "omg war cud brake out".  If possible, lethal sandstorms would also be a good RP experience. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal