Author Topic: Server issues  (Read 11843 times)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Server issues
« on: September 24, 2012, 03:55:47 AM »
So. Today, the box was being really slow, I decided to reboot it as it was up for 180~ days. I'm greeted by it refusing to boot to windows. I open a ticket, HDD is dead. Not sure how long this downtime will be/what will be lost but I'll keep you all updated. Money, cars, etc(all servers) will all be saved without a question as they're hosted separately.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Server issues
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 04:07:04 AM »
Money, cars, etc(all servers) will all be saved without a question as they're hosted separately.

Just because people will still ask even though you said all servers, yes this should mean all your characters, inventories, benefits and tokens will be saved on HL2RP too

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 05:48:35 AM »
Let's hope they get it sorted out quickly so everyone can get back to playing their favourite gamemodes.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 05:53:49 AM »
So yeah. More bad news. OCRP2 was lost. We're fucking retarded and didn't think backing up things like this was needed. We're gonna work on getting servers online and we will get OCRP2 done, it just will probably be around nov/dec that it's actually out.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 05:57:45 AM »
Let's hope they get it sorted out quickly so everyone can get back to playing their favourite gamemodes.

I won't. All of our gamemodes are gone. This means OCRP2 is also completely gone.

Ocrp1.5, gmr2, Deathrun and gmptr I have on my pc. The ocrp1.5 I have, might be a bit outdated. Expect it up today or tomorrow as I need to recode a lot of things.

Hl2rp I do not know about.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 06:15:48 AM »
Wow, that is a huge loss. We all make mistakes, though, so don't let it get to you.

Hope to see the servers up soon!

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 06:43:17 AM »
Perhaps RTLK still has a copy of a perhaps outdated HL2RP, as I remember him working with it a long time ago.

But yeah, the worst news is that OCRP2 might be completely lost. But who knows, maybe the HDD is still recoverable?
I don't know much about this kind of stuff, so no hate on me because I said something k?
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 07:22:55 AM »
The ocrp1.5 I have, might be a bit outdated. Expect it up today or tomorrow as I need to recode a lot of things.

Double check that the exploits that were found recently got fixed in the version you have before putting it up.

Hopefully the data on the HDD is still recoverable and not flat out dead though.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 07:54:29 AM »
Oh god.
I hope it gets sorted out soon. As Abbott said, some of the data should be recoverable still maybe? I'd recommend adding a link to this to the shoutbox header, as people will tend to ask again and again.

Oh, and, is the server status script updating, or is it stuck?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 08:00:50 AM by Khubajsn »

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 08:59:55 AM »
Oh god.
I hope it gets sorted out soon. As Abbott said, some of the data should be recoverable still maybe? I'd recommend adding a link to this to the shoutbox header, as people will tend to ask again and again.

Oh, and, is the server status script updating, or is it stuck?

Its dead as it cannot update, as all of our servers are down. As well as the update script.

Also the HDD is not recoverable.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 09:08:14 AM »
You will probably have to update your signature now Crack-Head :P

At least everybody's data like cars etc got saved, otherwise there would have been a lot of angry members and so much more shit to deal with.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 09:47:30 AM »
After finally arriving at the destination: home, i've taken a look at what i have saved on my PC.

Right now, of our gamemodes online, i have GMR2 and OCRP1.5 Update #12 (which is the latest update). I've also saved the CG Store (the ocrp version), so we can also recover that.

Right now, I'm still hoping Rofl is gonna pay what it costs to recover the HDD. As long as its not ridicules high, and not worth it, we could recover a lot of our stuff. And most important, we could recover OCRP2.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 11:40:03 AM »
If he can get it shipped to me I can recover it most likely

<::|| Sent from a mobile datapad codename Mecha ||::>

Offline LG-IM.Swagger

• Given 250 Credits and all I get was this fucking title?
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 11:48:50 AM »
Seeing as this can probably be turned into a blessing rather than a curse, lets try it, okay.

Let's get rid of the empty servers, FortWars, TTT, Morbus, SpaceBuild and HaloCE. Who REALLY plays them at the moment? The only gamemodes that I see actually played are OCRP, HL2RP, Outlands and HRP. Start redoing stuff up (obviously) lets remake CG's design and improve on what it looks like, lets make it attractive to new players and begin a total clean up (Yeah this might sound drastic but it doesn't have to be instantaneous, cleaning up the website and turning it into something cleaner and less 2010-ish would be great).

Hell, if you want I will redo EVERY piece of Graphics on this whole website and will redesign the website as well, you might be thinking, well Sabotage you have absolutely no design to show us what you can do... are you sure?;)

*Copy the link and paste it to see it, this thing is huge*

http://i.imgur.com/qILNL.jpg

Welcome to my design, I've been spending a few weeks developing a new version of CG's website, consider this a template, anything else can be added, this is where you come in. I'm going to need people to nibble on this design so much that by the time I've edited all this up it will look absolutely gorgeous. Only three people knew about this design. Wake, Venatio and Cobs; this is just to keep it private and make sure we didn't get people's hopes up, I have been given greenlight by Venatio and Cobs that this design looks decent but now it's your time to start eating it to pieces.

I'm here to answer any questions and I'm willing to do anything to help, this helps me in the end as I can use some of this in my coursework at college so :)

« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 11:53:48 AM by Sab »

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 04:43:18 PM »
Sab, see me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal