Author Topic: [ACCEPTED] Ted Hug's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Misty is kinda Mittens

• ʕಠᴥಠʔ
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED] Ted Hug's Civil Authority Application
« on: September 08, 2012, 03:57:51 PM »
Ted Hug's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: [SE] |Misty|

IC Character Name: Ted Hug

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Ted always saw the combine as a new era for earth. Even when he was the only one speaking good about them. Even when he arrived to city 45 he could only take the good about union. He watched people being beat knowing that they did wrong by the union, shot or worse. He watched the combine operate, knowing he was safe.

The up and downs he took when ever he talked good about the combine caused him to be beaten up badly many times. Eventually becoming wary of talking to people. He found most his time chatting people up on the benches in the plaza, never one not trying to sound unhappy. He never one failed to smile when he was looking at the nexus.

He always thought to before the war when he read books of aliens or robots. His love of working with machines stemmed from the sci-fi world. The combine tech reminds him so much of his young love of aliens and the mechanical wonders that were brought to his young mind. One of Teds greatest wishes is to join and learn every thing he can about the combine.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Honest
Careful
Loyal
Respectful
Mindful
and Kind

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
 When and if I join the union I think for me it would be about learning new experiences in role playing situations, and how to handle them.  I mean I watch the units walk around enjoying them self's , I think it would create a great new ways for me to play my character. I hear units get really attached to their unit, I hope for the same as i did while earning the points as "Ted Hug". I've never had a unit before and I think it will improve what I now about Half life rp and see the other side of things.

As for in character, I would think Ted to be immersed in the tech, wanting to learn every thing about it. I'm hoping to see him go kinda far, with hopes of taking more and more roles with him. For him it will be a hole lot to take in at first with all the protocols and training he will have to learn. Maybe one day my hopes for him is to make it to an 01 and happily be able to be with the other units.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
     Ted being born on August, 30 1989, the fourth child of a small town family in Arnett Oklahoma. He lived in a picturesque small town house, with a big yard, great neighbors, and a pet to boot. It was a simple and kind life to him when he was a small child. His family not struck by poverty or any problems, lived happily. His father was the town’s mechanic and handyman. His mother was a kind loving house wife. It was a nice life till he started to go to school.
     Being smaller or wearing glasses Ted wasn't really popular or top of any food chain. Ted more or less had his face in books, mainly one that talked about machines, aliens and space travel. His mind stuck to the future and what could he do to help it. He often was caught reading in class or watching stuff like star trek. He never was without a book.
     Soon he started taking apart things in his house trying to build himself his own robot and or other machines. He never got in much trouble for his adventures in building, often kept him out of his family's hair for hours at a time. Most of the "Robots" he dubbed were just wooden blocked held with screws, duct tape, and bits of the toaster.
      By the time he was twelve he had pulled apart ten different toasters and radios. His father soon just started buying him broken ones from the scrap heap. His obsession with taking stuff apart went from building to figuring out how it worked and how to change it around. This when on till he nearly burnt the house down. By fifteen he could fix most small household appliances.
   He kept work logs on whatever he worked on or tinkered with, it became a huge habit of his. The notebooks he kept replaced the books he read. His father soon built a shed for him to tinker with whatever he wanted to do. Ted had many books before the war on basic home repairs, most he had written himself.
   Ted wasn’t the strongest, or the most popular kid of his high school. He did grow in to the one of the best math students of his high school. Compared to his brothers and sister, he was the weird and a nerd. He was more favored among the adults of the city, due to his high amount of respect toward them.
   He had left high school as the valedictorian for his class, heading off for trade school. Texas became his new home for the time he was in school, learning to weld and build. He was soon stuck with working for his dreams. His face stained with sweat, his hands calloused over. His work came first to him after high school.
   Ted worked hard, studying more than what he came down for. Welding, Ac work, and engines, nothing he didn’t dabble into for knowledge or interest. When he was nineteen he had already had a stable job as a welder and was working in getting certifications for working on engines. To Ted it was a big move up from pulling apart toasters and dissembling radios. Life was looking good for him.
   He soon started going to college for mechanical design, his old notebooks being refilled with new ideas to improve on simple objects. Mind set on some kind of change. Ted still looked to science fiction for some of his ideas, a bit most looking unreal. Ideas flew from his mind like a faucet.
   Ted had to quit college within a year due to his mother falling ill to cancer. Moving back to Arnett he soon was stuck between his family, again. His oldest brother a trained cop, his sister had become a bartender, and his other brother had been sent to jail. His father long been retired.
   Soon the portal storms happened, Ted’s mother passed on, and they had to move from his old childhood home. Everything became a deep shade of grey for him, sadness overcoming his creative mind. They had lost almost everything in the move to the sheltered city of Oklahoma City. It was all hard times.
   His time spent in that sheltered hell was the worse he ever felt, everything went downhill for everyone. The first year they lived there it was just fight after fight. Both his brothers left for the army, Ted, Allison and their father left alone for the next four years. Allison left marrying away to a suitor.
      It was him and his father when the combine had taken over, the seven hour war ravaging the lands. Ted not seeing the worse, nor the best of the war. To him the war brought the change he craved in his head. Soon he was on razor train to razor train, moving from city to city. City 45 is where ted hopes to make something of him self.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Year or so

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Over a month now

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
About a month

4. What Time zone are you in?
US Central

5. In what country do you live?
America

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My most memorable moment's when role playing would have to be a tough one because I was heavily involved in the Castle and their movements, till it ended. I could talk about all the role-playing I did in SWTOR with some of my most developed ideas still their. I mean Ive taken many roles and identity's on the internet. I could talk about the different roles Ive in games like Habbo when i used to play it. I find the internet one big script and I got some part in it.   

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Ted Hug
CID: 84420
Height: 5'11
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 130
Mental Distinctions: Always looking back at his work.
Mental Defects: n/a
Mental Advantages: Patience, Careful
Notable Qualities: Good with numbers,  Basic mechanical knowledge

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
N/A

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes!

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to join the union because I would like to give back to the them what I owe. I have witness many of peoples uncivil behaviors and I don't wanna be associated with that hellion raising crowd any more. I Theodor Author Hug Will do any thing for the good of the union, no matter what the job I'm given Ill do it to the best of standers that I hold dear. The union is truly grateful for giving me the chance of being a bigger part of it.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Ted Hug hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 05:31:05 PM by Khubajsn »

Offline Khub

• Board Moderator
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ted Hug's Civil Authority Application's Verdict
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 06:33:42 PM »
UNIT: 050
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Ted Hug
Citizen Identification Number: 84420

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

// Note: Again. Your mechanical skills will be limited if you are accepted, due to absence of authorization application. Despite the numerous missing capitalization of 'union' and 'combine', good job. Let's hope your loyalist points are valid this time. Good luck!

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.UNIFORM-OfC.050
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
Reviewed using ApplicationsHelper, 2.0.0.7.

Offline Khub

• Board Moderator
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ted Hug's Civil Authority Application's Verdict
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 05:30:55 PM »
UNIT: 050
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Ted Hug
Citizen Identification Number: 84420

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| Recruit 624 ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.UNIFORM-OfC.050
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
Reviewed using ApplicationsHelper, 2.0.0.7.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal