Author Topic: [DENIED] Shane West's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Delete my account

• Money is good
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[DENIED] Shane West's Civil Authority Application
« on: September 08, 2012, 01:07:29 AM »
Shane West's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Dakey

IC Character Name: Shane West

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
     On a bright, freezing, cold winter morning, my character Shane West was strolling along the coast when suddenly his eyes hit a sign reading; "City 45". Shane starts to realize this... is it. He had officialy been transferred, to a new area, with new "friends"; and new everything. Looking straight ahead, Shane notices a little blue book, resting upon the icy surface. "The Benefit of the Universal Union" is what the title of this book had read. Slowly, he reaches beneath him to investigate this "story".

As Shane starts going further into the book, his mind begins to tremble; he was amazed and in pure serenity. All he wants is to be a loyalist; will this help? Shane pondered on the insane amount of benefits the book had to share, he will make it. He will become a loyalist. Shane began to explore the land; moving from precinct 1 to precinct 3, he realizes this where the cops can no longer roam.

Roaming throughout the walk ways, Shane starts to be trampled by these four muggers. The sound of high-heeled shoes hitting the ground had stopped the muggers. They searched the walk way, and in the corner of their eyes they had seen a woman. Leaving Shane behind, they sneakily run to the woman, pouncing from behind; they beat her to death. Thus beginning his curiousity and need to join the Combine Civil Authority. The sight he had witnessed was so horrid, it made him want to bring down the hammer on all criminals. He will and needs to help the poor innocent people.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Shane West is a; trusthworthy, loyal, faithful, respecting, serious, kind man.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Combine Civil Authority isnt just something you go through and immediatly get accepted, you have to train. It will be hard. You must become strong and strict, to with-hold the criminals from taking over.

I also believe it will be a difficult adventure, but i am willing to go through it. I accept the challenges and "long" days and or nights. Training is an important part to becomimg an authority, I am looking forward to it.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
I was born and raised in Texas, and as a young boy my father had passed away; leading my mother to be left to support my two brothers and I. The second I had turned sixteen, I got a job working day and night. It was my turn to help support my family. We had loads of money strolling in. Between me and my mom, by the time that i was 24; we had enough money to move to the beautiful sun state.

Florida was my top choice, although mother had always been frightened of that place. It was a week later and i realized why she was so scared...criminals, everywhere all around us were muggers. One night my brothers and I had gone to a party, as we were leaving we noticed someone following us so we decided to speed up. Closer and closer they grew, until BAM! They shot both my brothers...right there infront of my eyes. Their blood spued on me, leaving faint stains on my shirt. They were gone, dead.

All I loved had been taken from me, i was and still am left with nothing. After the funeral my mother wanted nothing to do with me, blaming everything upon me that had happened that night. We stopped speaking, we stopped seeing each other, until the Seven Hour War. Immediately, portables start shooting from the sky, then ships start shooting from the sky down upon our land.  The Combines started to invade Earth, attacking everything that came in their way. Hours later Dr. Brain forfeited the war which lead to his leadership. The first thing Brain had down was murder every single 18 year old, and cause pregnancy to never occur.

Those muggers, that awful horrid war, and my mom are all the reasons for my dying desire to be in the Combine Civil Authority.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Two Years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Seven months

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Seven months

4. What Time zone are you in?
Eastern

5. In what country do you live?
United States of America

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
When I experienced a dramatic talk with a city administrator

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
yes

IC Section

Full Name: Shane West
CID: 56590
Height: 6'2"
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 165
Mental Distinctions: None
Mental Defects: None
Mental Advantages: Fast Reflexes
Notable Qualities: Good listener, good responder

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, only intergated by knowledge about rebel activity, so i told them all that i had known.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
yes

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
In order to prevent anti-citizens from harming the citizens.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Shane West hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 02:13:44 AM by Khubajsn »

Offline Khub

• Board Moderator
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Shane West's Civil Authority Application's Verdict
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 02:13:34 AM »
UNIT: 050
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************
ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Shane West
Citizen Identification Number: 56590

Acceptance status:
<::|| DENIED ||::>

Reason:
<::|| OOC Question 3) fails to meet sentence requirement (two paragraphs / 4  sentences each). Backstory is written from IC perspective, while OOC is required. The backstory has very little to none detail on the Resonance  Cascade events and about the character's life during them. ||::>

// Note: It's Dr.Breen, not Dr.Brain. However, I really like the way you have written OOC Question 1) in, just fix the things mentioned above. I'd like you to reapply!

Applicant may reapply on Sunday, 23. September 2012.

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.UNIFORM-OfC.050
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
Reviewed using ApplicationsHelper, 2.0.0.7.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal