Author Topic: [PENDING] Cole Carpenter's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1338 times)

[PENDING] Cole Carpenter's Civil Authority Application
« on: September 04, 2012, 10:38:34 PM »
Cole Carpenter's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: That Jewish Guy

IC Character Name: Cole Carpenter

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Cole Carpenter has wanted to join the CCA ever since he saw what they were doing for people. Though most thought their methods were extreme, Cole saw them as necessary and just. The cold calculation, the strict discipline, the sheer authority was what this world needed, and what this world had coming to it. Cole lost a lot to the evens leading up to the 7 hour war, and during. Family, friends, a way of life. Through Cole's loss though, he found new hope in the walls of the newfound cities under the CCA's watchful eyes. Some were spiteful of the new regime, but Cole was hopeful. He agree'd when Breen said this assimilation was the next step the human race's evolution.

After arriving in City 18, Cole worked himself to the bone earning his points, even at one point cleaning bloodstains with his sleeves. Working early in the morning cleaning streets and shop windows and long into the night inside the UHC cleaning hallways and empty rooms. He worked more than enough for each and every point. Cole wasn't very well liked by his peers, often being riddiculed for his devotion, but this didn't deter Cole from his vision. Later he was tranferred to City 45.The city was larger in scale, and for the most part, a welcome change of scenery from he cold, gloomy streets of City 18.

He wasn't very well known in City 45, keeping to himself for the most part. He continued to work for the CWu and help the local CCA forces when he could, ultimately hoping to one day join there ever growing ranks. He felt that with each sweep of the broom, ring of the wash cloth, or lift of a heavy box, his chances of achieving his dream became evermore clearer. He felt that soon he would be in uniform, patrolling the streets, his new pride filling him with excitemnt. All of this would be soon to come.   

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
+Intelligent
+Dedicated
+Vigilant
+Strong
-Kind
-Hard to calm when angry

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I expect the CCA to be a very strenuous challenge for both myself and my character. Maintaing sociostability and disciplining citizens when needed will be nothing short of an honor for my character and a welcomed change for me. It will be an interesting being on the other side of the stun stick as well. The militant structure, the rules and regulations, and protocols wont be too hard for me to grasp, as I've been apart of the CCA, (MPF, CPT, etc.) as both the SHIELD DvL and SeC before on another server, so I know more or less what to expect and how things work. I understand that each server has it's variations, but I'm sure I'll do more than fine.

I intend to roleplay fairly and justly, all while enjoying myself and helping those in need when I can. My character intends on being extremely obediant, and studying the different tactics and procedures, but offering his outlook and opinion when appropriate. He also intends to judge his actions not only according to the CCA's guidelines, but without emotional interference. His actions will be controlled to the best of his ability. He has no doubt in his mind that the CCA will be anything less than expected, and he expects a lot.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Cole Carpenter began life on a farm in Nebraska 14 miles from Lincoln. His early childhood began with working in field and carrying tools and equipment for his father, Leo Carpenter. Even as a young child he was always there to do a job when it needed done, and do it well. Cole loved to read. Keeping himself educated was something Cole enjoyed. When he wasn't helping his father, he spent his time studying and learning new things. In school, Cole always excelled over his fellow students due to his early, self taught knowledge. He had a keen ability of finding new ways to make a problem easier to solve. He got in many fights and was bulied a fair amount in his early years, making him harder and more angry with life. He decided, though, that enough was enough. Needless to say, when he broke another students jaw against the stairway railing, he wasn't bullied any longer.

Further down the road, things were past forgotten. Cole wasn't angry any longer, and he was happy with life, though sometimes those old emotions sufaced, causing many problems for Cole early on. He'd taken up a passion for cooking, and still was a very burly young man, helping his father every day for the past 17 years on the farm. 5 years later,  Cole graduated college with a bachelors degree in Culinary Arts. Weeks after, the event now known as, "The Resonance Cascade.", began. At the time, Cole had been working at a restaurant in Lincoln, when vortexes began to open everywhere in the sky. Lighting and thunder bounded form them. Cole thought that was the end, his life and billions of others were over. In a way, he was true. Strange creatures began to emerge, flooding the streets of the city. Cole, seeing what was going on outside, pushed through the crowd of paniced people out into the street. Cole ran as fast as he could to his car a block away. Adrenaline blurred his vision along with confusion and fear. Cole drove to his parents farmhouse and told them to pack. They were going to go Arizona to meet up with a friend of his who was a pilot. They were going to fly the the U.K. and hope they hadn't been invaded by the creatures also. The radio said nothing. The only thing available was static on most channels, and others, nothing more than prerecorded broadcasts.  Cole and his family were worried, hungry, and scared. The roads were a mess, people trying to escape the portal storms and the creatures that followed. Some peopled on foot were walking along side the intersate, abandoning their cars and taking only what they could carry. SOme standing on roofs staring down the long, unending line of vehicles. People screaming, frustrated, scared. Soon though, a military convoy carrying both soldiers and citizens alike came down the the side of the road. The convoy was heading back for Lincoln where they'd set up an outpost and defend the capitol. They decided it would be better for them to go with the convoy then continue to Arizona. In Lincoln, the military had succesfully cleaned the streets of the creatures and had began preperations for barricading the city, keeping the creatures on the outside at bay.

Months had past since the portals had opened. People were begining to feel safe again, but soon people would realizes being safe had it's downfalls. The city was slowly but surely becoming flooded with people. People being forced to work young and old to produce supplies needed for survival. Cole was assinged to work in a steel mill, producing things that the military needed to maintain barriers and the overall of the cities protection. Cole felt a sense of pride knowing he had a hand in keeping the city safe. When he wasn't working, he helped serve meals and cook at the local Salvation Army, feeding the citizens one by one. Food has a wonderful effect on people. It brings their spirits up when they're down. A good stew or a tender roast can bring a sense of satisfaction to someone who needs it. More and more people needed it in times like these for sure. He was proud of the work he did, each face he saw at the begginning of the line was dull, weary, and tired, but near the end, was bright and excited. Each mouthful brought a euphoric sensation to the people gathered at the tables. Families sat and prayed, friends laughed with eachother, each person still showing signs of that old familiar feeling of normality. The utside world around them seemed to be forgotten. Cole to this day remembers how good it felt. Seeing all those happy people, giving them that chance, if only a short one, to forget their troubles and remember better times with loved ones. Cole though, on the other hand, was not so lucky. His father had died the prior year from a stroke as he was working, his mother shortly after from a broken heart. Cole was alone in this world, and these people, his fellow men and woman, were all he had. That is of course, until he met Juno.

Juno was a quiet, mild mannered girl he had ran into on his way to work one morning. That day Cole realized that things in this world weren't so bad when you had someone to love. That night he found her again during the night cycle ration serving. Juno had introduced Cole to her daughter, Elizabeth, and the realtionship from there blossomed into something beautiful. Not before long, the three had become extremely close. Cole was in love. After all those years of hardship and tough times, Cole had finally found something worth living for. Dieing for. Unfortunately, Cole's well deserved happiness wasn't to last more than a year.   

It was a normal day just like any other. Half way through the day, after his work shift, Cole made his way to Juno's apratment block. As he was walking, a sudden burst of excitement hit the city. People turned there heads to the sky as the storms bagan to thunder and crack, becoming bigger in size. Alarms began to sound and a voice came over the city loudspeaker, informing citizens to move in-doors as soon as possible. Soon after becoming bigger, the portals were pouring out vessles of some kind. People, in a panic, ran for shelter inside buildings. The military began to man their posts as a fleet of the ships were headed towards them. Cole sprinted for Juno's apartment block, meeting them on the street. They ran for shelter in an abandoned law firm. What happened outside seemed horrific. First came the volley of gunfire and explosions and the screams of soldiers, yelling orders for awhile, but soon, for mercy. Cole went to the front of the store to see what was happening. Men in suits and masks were marching down the street, smashing in doors and window, dragging people to the streets and lining them up. Those who fought back were swiftly dealt with. Some being beaten with-in an inch of their life, others shot. Soon though, people began to realize their was no point in fighting. As Cole began to make his way to the back of the building, the door behind him was kicked in, throwing it off it's hinges and into his back, knocking him unconciouess. When he came too, he and his family were on the street, sitting on the curb along with hundreds of others. The sounds of screams and crying were heard from all around, as families were pulled apart and seperated, being taken here and their. Shots were heard from near and far, as the building were still being cleared. A man came down the street along with some others following behind. The blank expression on the mask filled Cole with a newfound terror, but at the same time, ignited a burning flame deep inside him. He stood in front Cole and yanked him to his feet, lifting him up by his jacket with no effort at all. Another man came up to Juno and yanked Elizabeth from her. She fought, but to no avail. She recieved a bullet to the temple. Wide eyed, mortified, shocked, Cole watched as the life he had crumbled before him. A burning rage consumed him. He let out a pain filled scream as he arched his back and pressed his feet against the man, pushing off of him with all of his contained might. The man, as strong as he was, was pryed from Cole. Cole screamed and ran for Elizabeth, throwing himself into the men. His last memory of her was nothing more than a white haze of pain and suffering, cracks of electricity flowing through him, and a fleeting glimpse of her as she was carried around a corner, reaching for him, crying. That moment would haunt Cole's dreams for the remainder of his life.

Something snapped inside Cole that day. For better or for worse is just a matter of prespective. He awoke inside a container with other men. It was cramped and small, and no one had any clothing other than their underwear. The smell was horrid. They were being shipped to an inspection center to check for imperfections. When they arrived, the men were herded out of the small crates. To each side of Cole were huge lines of men and women, all seemed exausted, torn, angry, sad. A flurry of emotions of various ranges surrounded him as they all shuffled along in their lines to their designated area's. Unlike his peers, Cole found comfort in the conformity. The strict enforment of rules. The structure interested him. The loss of his family seemed to all but vanish from his immediate thoughts. He saw the men, or what he thought were men, standing at their appointed spots. Their stances looming over the miserable people the stumbled passed them. The pride they seemed to emitnate carried over to Cole. He wished to be like them. He wished to feel as they did, walk as they did. All their desicions were calcualted. They weren't based off emotion. Their lack of ethics or morals, known all to well to normal humans, was attributed to their success. Cole wanted to be apart of their great structure. He felt it was his new life now. Though he mourned the loss of his old fam,ily, he soon came to love his new one more. As soon as he heard about applications opening, he skipped his ration cycle just to get there first. The benfits meant nothing to him, unlike the others that made there way there that day. He simply wanted to serve the UU in any way he could.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
I have not.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
About a year and a half

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Serious RP? About 13 months, (CG being my first)

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Since last August, so about 13 months.

4. What Time zone are you in?
CST

5. In what country do you live?
United States

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
When were an IC bandit group in P4 on C18, raiding civvies for supplies, and causeing all around havoc. Eventually we were reported, and a sweep of the P4 slums was initiated. CPT units moved in, and were swiftly dealt with. Four of us were left, and OTA was called in to deal with us. It was a long, bloody figher fight, and one of the four of us died. We bailed out through a couple of windows in the back, escaping into P2. We hid for a good 2 hours OOCly as they locked down and searched every part of the City for us. Luckily, we lived to tell the tale.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
I do.

IC Section

Full Name: Cole Carpenter
CID: 69069
Height:  6'0
Hair Colour Dark Brown/Auburn
Eye Colour:  Hazel
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight:  212
Mental Distinctions: Notices certain things others don't and is very good at reading peoples emotions. A people person if you will.
Mental Defects: Can become extremely angry and hostile if pushed too far.
Mental Advantages: Very good observer and learner. Can easily supress certain emotions. Can handle pain.
Notable Qualities:  Physically fit and strong willed. Good at explaining things or making them clear. Has a way with words.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, though bland and tasteless, I can't say It's not nutritious.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, without a doubt.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes. If my men or I are at fault, it's because I haven't done my best to lead them or conduct myself.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
To maintain balance in society and keep order in the cities, or have a stable presence of sociostability. It will be a rigorous challenge but I assure you I will work to the best of my ability to serve and uphold the union.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Cole Carpenter hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 09:59:11 AM by Khubajsn »
My cock is augmented. Bow before me.

Offline Khub

• Board Moderator
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Cole Carpenter's Civil Authority Application's Verdict
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 09:59:03 AM »
UNIT: 050
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Cole Carpenter
Citizen Identification Number: 69069

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.UNIFORM-OfC.050
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
Reviewed using ApplicationsHelper, 2.0.0.7.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal