Author Topic: [DENIED] Julius Edwards's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[DENIED] Julius Edwards's Civil Authority Application
« on: September 04, 2012, 05:17:39 PM »
Julius Edwards's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: bowser93

IC Character Name: Julius Edwards

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Upon observation of his situation, he figures it's the best way to go. Not that he's on the CCA's side, but that with the lack of food, energy and strength, and knowing that being in the CCA can bring all of them, it's obviously the way to go.

Being attacked physically and emotionally time and time again, he indirectly thinks it's time that the tables turn. Noticing all the power that the CCA holds has gotten him excited thinking of the possibilities, that perhaps he would be as hurt within the ranks.

By seeing little violence in the streets of the city himself, he feels now is the best time to join the CCA. If he got in, he would quite possibly rise the ranks of the CCA and patrol the streets without ever getting injured, and that is an attractive thing to someone who never really enjoyed putting himself in danger.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Trustworthy, Quiet.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Well I had an OfC for some time, and I don't expect it to be much different. I expect a close community of quality Roleplayers. I also expect to see some bit of action and riveting Roleplay.

As for my character I expect a sort of rollercoaster. He doesn't quite strike me as the typical type in the CCA. After a short time there will probably be a change in his attitude in order to try to be more like the typical unit, but not a large change.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Julius crawled under his bed, huddling next to multiple discarded stuffed animals and a few colorful bins, each with a few toys in them. Yelling was heard from the kitchen, mom and dad were at it again. The family dog, Othello, walked briskly into Julius’ room, his tail deep between his legs. He slid under Julius’ bed, pushing himself into Julius for comfort. Julius peeked out into the tight kitchen of the apartment. He saw a plate fly by his door, and shatter on the wall.

He fell asleep under the bed with Othello, hugging himself and the dog with his bruised arms, he awoke being dragged out from under the bed. He knew automatically it was his father, an open hand rained upon his face and chest for a few moments, before his mother came in with a phone to her ear, “My husband is beating my son and he won’t stop to listen and-..” she was cut off by a fist to her face.

Julius scrambled up, running into the kitchen, his father followed, Julius grabbed the door knob, but was yanked back, and thrown into a locked closet. He waited there for hours, hearing his mother’s cries, then silence for another three hours, until his father unlocked the door, Julius saw his mother sprawled across their bed, breathing heavily, her face badly bruised and bloody.

On his way to school the next day, Julius went to the police to turn his father in. When the police busted in the door of the apartment, his father was gone and his mother was not breathing. Julius was sent to a boys home, and mistreated horribly, pretty much the same treatment as his previous home. The other boys would beat him senseless, simply for no other reason than that they disliked his lisp, which was true, but not the only factor that played in.

Julius survived in the boys home until he turned eighteen, and moved out to pursue his life dreams. He went to the local community college, but his education wouldn’t take off. Though Julius was heavy set and large, he wasn’t quite a fighter or effective in defending himself. He would often be mugged by the same group of men after classes, leaving him pretty much broke. Most of his time was spent in one of the city’s many homeless shelters.

When the portal storms hit, Julius was sent to C45 right away and spent the entire Combine occupation within the city. He wasn’t anything special, and it seemed a small breeze would tip him over. He barely spoke or thought about anything, and spent the majority of his time huddled in the corner of his room, pondering one thing or another. He figured it was time to take the next step, and for his fear to end, and so he enlisted in the ranks of the CCA.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
Killed in a hail of gunfire.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
About 4 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
3 Years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
2-3 Years by now.

4. What Time zone are you in?
EST, GMT -5

5. In what country do you live?
United States

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
Well both are in fact from CG, the first is the ongoing life of my Outlands character Beans, and the second is my OfC (527) who died some time ago.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Julius Edwards
CID: 72951
Height: 6'3
Hair Colour Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 154
Mental Distinctions: N/A
Mental Defects: N/A
Mental Advantages: N/A
Notable Qualities: Trustworthy, Won't talk back whatsoever.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
N/A

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, I am.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
I will.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I feel like it will help me reach new heights. I want to do some sort of good for C45 and feel this is the best option. I also hope to become stronger minded as I rise the ranks, if given the opportunity.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Julius Edwards hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:02:58 AM by Khubajsn »
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Khub

• Board Moderator
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Julius Edwards's Civil Authority Application's Verdict
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 10:02:49 AM »
UNIT: 050
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************
ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Julius Edwards
Citizen Identification Number: 72951

Acceptance status:
<::|| DENIED ||::>

Reason:
<::|| OOC Questions 1) and 3) are highly undetailed, stick to the [1 paragraph = 4  sentences] rule. OOC Question 2) is undetailed and no effort was put into it. Backstory contains no information about character's life during Resonance Cascade, please include it in your next application. ||::>

Applicant may reapply on Thursday, 20. September 2012.

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.UNIFORM-OfC.050
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
Reviewed using ApplicationsHelper, 2.0.0.7.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal