Author Topic: Garrus Johnson's Authorization Application  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Andke

• View Profile
    • Awards
Garrus Johnson's Authorization Application
« on: August 31, 2012, 10:20:37 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: [{FDS}]Andke
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 3 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 4 weeks

Character Section

Authorization(s):
A combat knife bit better story as-well as a nickname

Name: Garrus Johnson
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Garrus Johnson is a normal man his life was simple and everyone liked him. Yet he never was in a relationship or anything like that. Garrus wasn't the best in school but he always listened and didn't skip or play hooky. Garrus always liked video games especially “Mass Effect”. That's when his brother called him “Spectre” because of Garrus Vakarian in the game. Who was his most favorite as-well. His childhood was simple and fun he had his ups and downs but he was always cared for by his parents and his brother. Garrus liked too run and do parkour giving him fast reflexes and lower body strength. But aside from that he wasn't really active and just enjoyed life. But over the years it got harder sometimes gangs or muggers would come into his home town he has lots of wounds and scars from those days he even got shot! It has made him weak but he can take most of the pain now. In school he never really talked much too anyone no one was really that special too him no girl no best friend he was just this silent tall kid. But he didn't get any trouble from anyone but there were some people that mess with him sometimes he only fought back when they REALLY asked for it instead he just blocked and dodged until they got tired or were out of breath. Even if he had problems with some idiots. But he never really injured them. Smart then he would be in trouble if he would do something. He always had his brother after his parents were killed in a fatal car crash. That's when his brother joined the army he wanted too honor his family. Garrus took care of him and his two cats. He didn't get over it quickly he always had it in his mind that moment when he heard from a police officer that dark news that day. But it made him Stronger also he can look after himself even if he can have mood swings. When his brother got back he told him all about his training and how hard it was. He  showed him this decorated combat knife that his brother had gotten when he was in service it had a flame camouflage and his brother took note of that. So he trained him how to hold and use it properly not just for stabbing and killing but a useful tool for hunting tool and for other regular things.  Over the years he let him carry it around to show around and it even saved him from thugs and robbers.That knife helped him and his brother through out they're lives it Garrus might of been killed if not for this special knife. Then in the year 2017 something horrible happened…

The combine they attacked earth. Garrus’s brother was leaving to defend the town. Before he left he handed him a combat knife. And said “Garrus take this because this someday it will save your life”. “Also leave the city and go into the woods you might be safe”. There was a loud explosion then another explosion ripped through the wall burning Garrus’s neck a-bit and spraying shrapnel and debris everywhere. Some pieces hit Garrus but he ignored the pain that's the last time he saw his brother. He only found the helmet he grabbed it and his two cats under his arms and ran out of the house seeing gunships and thousands or combine troopers. He ran into the woods that had a trail up into the mountain areas. Garrus put on the helmet and put the knife into the black army boots that his brother had outgrown. As-well as the black gloves he kept them around because they were sturdy and resistant to the weather same with the gloves. He had no food or source of heat so he remembered the knife and managed to catch a fish and cut some branches off a tree made a little bonfire and cooked the fish he fed himself and the cats so they will not die from hunger not this far on their journey to escape the combine. He found a train station and it was his only chance to escape the combine he was going to try to escape to Europe to put as much ground between him and the combine. yet he still ended up in some city in Romania. A couple men helped him escape through the canals when he was getting closer to escaping he found a station with citizens and stayed there for about a month. He had lots of close calls with the combine if not for the rebels he would of froze or bled to death but he managed to survive and started traveling again. He found himself somewhere in the mountains He saw that his cats are a-bit too much weight so he released them into the wild. Now he only sees them sometimes they still love him and understand so he just quickly pets them and lets them continue on they're journey.

At first he wasn't really sure of the people so they just avoided each other at first but later he started to make friends as well as enemies. The knife helped he just flashed it and they would leave him alone most of the time. But he stuck to the outsides of the area and explored around and waiting to make sure the town is safe as well as the people. The knife has saved him from a thug that would of killed him and taken all of his life's progress. As-well as catching fish and other things to cook food for his friends and for those who have gone days without food. After it being used for some time he noticed it beginning to be dull from the past year or so he found a smooth rock and sharpened it up so it can work at its best condition. Garrus still has his scars from his wounds that he happened to get on his journey. He has endured pain and troubles with his journey but this knife was always there to save and help him when something threatened him as-well as normal things like food. He and even some of the people he met would of been killed if he didn't have the knife to protect him and them from danger. And now he enters the town of Belles and explores around. The town is basic enough and he hasn't run a run in with the combine in a long while this might be is home. If nothing goes wrong with the combine or any of the local people. So far he hasn't had any troubles with A LOT of people.

There he meets a man that will become his best friend that man is Clarence. Later he will also meet a good man nicknamed “Fixer”. As-well as a lady named Hanako those three people are some of his very good friends that he has here.  So far there are not many problems for him. Having good friends like them remind him that there is still hope in the world. He attempts to make more friends and socialize and try to live like before even if he knows the life will always be different with the combine ruling the Earth.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Combat Knife

Better story

Nickname "Spectre"

Defects
Knife might need to be sharpened every one of two days.

His wounds hinder his aiming with guns and other ballistic weapons

He can resist pain more than normal people but can get hurt more often.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan do get some more story and protection in-case of any emergency's

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Just Garrus

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
NONE
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 05:59:52 PM by [{FDS}]Andke »
I have skin, potato's have skin, therefore I am a potato.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Garrus Johnson's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 01:45:57 AM »
Hello,
I personally believe that an authorization for knife should be a bit better. Although you have surely placed some effort into making this one, whole the story could be basically replaced with "his brother taught him hand-to-hand and gave him a knife". This may be also my just my opinion, but there has already been a well-played and well-known character with your chosen nickname. I haven't had a chance to witness your roleplay yet. Therefore, I am not giving you my support, but neither my disagreement. Neutral.

Good luck with your authorization application  :)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 05:22:26 PM »
I also believe a bit more effort should be put into the app, some more detail into the backstory along with a few grammar fixes. Most of the app is fine but it's just lacking the feeling that you actually really want this authorization for your character and not just "for having a knife". For now I'll withhold my support until the app is worked on a bit.

Offline Andke

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Garrus Johnson\'s Authorization Application
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 09:42:44 PM »
Sorry that it is a-bit rushed I don't have much time with school and everything Ill try to improve on it today or tomorrow. Like more about the knife and how it is used. Also so it can improve the authorization for the knife. (etc)

Post Auto-Merged: September 03, 2012, 07:18:50 PM
Has been updated with more backstory and stuff
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 03:17:14 PM by [{FDS}]Andke »
I have skin, potato's have skin, therefore I am a potato.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 05:09:25 AM »
Kay, after re-reading this is a lot better, sorry for the long wait but this is now accepted, congratulations :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal