Author Topic: Neil Armstrong Dies at 82  (Read 3845 times)

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Neil Armstrong Dies at 82
« on: August 25, 2012, 03:58:19 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19381098

Very saddening news. The first human to step onto another land other than our own has passed away. Things like the loss of a well know figure rarely sadden me, but to hear that the first human to step onto the moon has died really hit me.
I don't really mind a lot when a celebrity dies, but this person has probably, well not probably, HAS inspired a generation of people.

RIP Neil Armstrong. I know you will be missed by so many people across the world.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 04:00:33 PM by JiggerFrizz »
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline |666| tegan&sara?3

• Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Neil Armstrong Dies at 82
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 04:08:17 PM »
rip moon man, rest in peace

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 04:17:22 PM »
He put his foot down for humanity....

And the world shall remember that, the first man to set foot in another planetary body besides our own.

1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 04:21:10 PM »
Not trying to be a douchebag but he's 82, considering he has received quite some unexpected bone loss from being in space and heart problems he had it coming. - I mean 82 is really old considering he didn't exercise in space and received general other affections.

Though this man is a prime example for humans and space related subjects and indeed history has been written by him. Fuck the people who say it's a conspiracy or some hoax from Hollywood.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 04:26:08 PM »
Not trying to be a douchebag but he's 82, considering he has received quite some unexpected bone loss from being in space and heart problems he had it coming. - I mean 82 is really old considering he didn't exercise in space and received general other affections.

Though this man is a prime example for humans and space related subjects and indeed history has been written by him. Fuck the people who say it's a conspiracy or some hoax from Hollywood.
I don't think anyone means it wasn't expected. He was old and as you say, had health problems so yeah, it was to be expected unfortunately. Everyone has their time. If most of us could contribute half of what he did then the world would be a lot better.
Made by HilariousPlayer

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 04:31:58 PM »

I don't think anyone means it wasn't expected. He was old and as you say, had health problems so yeah, it was to be expected unfortunately. Everyone has their time. If most of us could contribute half of what he did then the world would be a lot better.
The heart problems was more then likely due to the launch putting all those G forces on his chest, However I wouldn't think he would have been in space long enough to have any bigger effects(Given that we have crews that spend months on the ISS, while he spent around 12 days(Dunno all the details, get over it) on that mission).

According to the family it was an unexpected problem from the surgery he had little back.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 04:37:59 PM »

The heart problems was more then likely due to the launch putting all those G forces on his chest, However I wouldn't think he would have been in space long enough to have any bigger effects(Given that we have crews that spend months on the ISS, while he spent around 12 days(Dunno all the details, get over it) on that mission).

According to the family it was an unexpected problem from the surgery he had little back.
He spent 8 and a half days in two different flights in space. Gemini (8?) and Apollo 11. (So quadrice times has he received this insane amount of gravitational force.)

He had crew with him, do not give too much credit to this single guy like everyone else does.
And not only the crew, but the entire office at Houston should be given equal credit.

But okay, okay, first man on the moon is him he receives credit for that though.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 04:55:51 PM »

He had crew with him, do not give too much credit to this single guy like everyone else does.
And not only the crew, but the entire office at Houston should be given equal credit.

But okay, okay, first man on the moon is him he receives credit for that though.
True, but you can't credit every single person. There's always going to be the one person that gets it all and it just so happened to be Neil. He was the first person to put his fooT
 on an alien land, hence the spotlight is on him. Everyone knows it was a joint effort but there's always going to be the one person that gets the credit, even if they couldn't have done it without a shit load of help. It's just how it works and always will do. It doesn't mean no one appreciates what the lesser know person did. Valid point though, Martiner(x3)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 05:05:48 PM by JiggerFrizz »
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 05:01:51 PM »
This man truly inspired us to journey wherever possible, and never doubt for one second that anything is impossible.

Rest in peace Neil, you will be remembered as you have been for generations.
im bach

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 04:02:42 AM »
We lost a great nerd that day.
My cock is augmented. Bow before me.

Offline A Dark Tree

• WHITE
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 09:39:49 PM »
Alright, so celebrities always die in threes, first was Neil, then was Micheal Clarke Duncan, I hope there's no more likeable people who die next.  I cried a little for both of their deaths.
Add me on steam, the name is Saaaaaaaaaaaan.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal