Author Topic: [Suggestion] So then an advisor comes to visit...  (Read 4726 times)

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[Suggestion] So then an advisor comes to visit...
« on: August 23, 2012, 01:50:06 AM »
So then an advisor comes to visit

The Scenario(s)

Surprisingly an Advisor appears in city 45, but how did it get here? Emergency landing? Was to go to the nexus and visit? Well I have two scenario's for how this event will work out.

Scenario One:This scenario would result having the Advisor and its pod to crash land in the plaza due to the Advisor  pod's engines were failing. Overwatch, CCA (Synths?) Have to secure the area. Unexpectly The advisor comes to life out of it's stasis pod, unexpectedly and may cause some pain for the citizens due to Telekinesis attacks for a few minutes (CCA might also experience this). Afterwards it'll be the Falling action which will be usually adressing problems within the Universal Union and so on and so fourth. Another alternative to the falling action and resoultion that it would be sent to the Citadel.

Scenario Two: This one probably will be the more boring one: An Advisor pod lands on the Roof and just addresses the City 45's issues, some other things.

I also like to have a CmD or higher to have a temporary Advisor character during the event and at the end of it, the reason for this is for more better Roleplay than having a ragdoll to do it.

I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [Suggestion] So then an advisor comes to visit...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 02:16:55 AM »
I hardly understood the wording of scenario one except for "secure the area" (which I assume entails "citizens get on the wall for two hours") so I'll go with my questioning for scenario two: why does an alien creature that is rarely seen in Half Life 2 other than in Breen's office need to address the populace in regards to 'city issues' when a Civil Administrator is more than capable?

The event doesn't seem very well planned out at it's current stage and there's no real explanation for the cause/reasons for this happening.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 02:32:35 AM »
Well, I disagree that citizenRP won't go anywhere during scenario one. As he said, the whole telekinesis thing. I'd actually enjoy doing that on my unit, and would love to roleplay some interesting things based on the auths I have for my memory. I'm not sure how other citizens would react to that, but they'd also have to react to the hordes of OTA/Synths, and the fact that a probably never seen to them creature has crashed into the city. FearRP, interest, pain from the telekinises. I'd give something for citizens to talk about for quite awhile, and stir up the Resistance ICly.

On another note, what if it were to crash in P3?

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 08:51:27 AM »
This event could turn out well, if enough administrators have taken care of it's progress. Securing the area must not mean a judgement waiver and lockdown. I don't see why citizens shouldn't be kept outside, with few overwatch soldiers, maybe synthetics, guarding the area around the crashed pod.

Quote from: Lone Wanderer[GU]
On another note, what if it were to crash in P3?
^ This.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 04:52:10 PM »
Seems a little silly. I would rather reserve an advisor event for something of greater importance than "out of the blue it comes to visits and crashes"

Offline FallingSpikes31

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 05:15:29 PM »
I like the idea... I just think it needs to be more thought out and detailed. Maybe the CCA will have trouble taking care of the situation... And the event will last longer?

Offline Keyhen

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 06:07:55 PM »
The best time for a advisor crash, if it's even thought of doing, would probably be after a mild resistance attack (RPers, of course.) It would add slight reason of why the advisor crashed. As for scenario two, I'll be blunt here, it's stupid. Advisors are the combine overlords, and one just decides to fancy a walk to the Nexus randomly (Not to mention none are seen outside of the Citadel), and wants a report on the city when it could easily be given over the TV's.

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 11:45:49 PM »
This is pretty creative idea and I like it. We lack a lot of activity/events in the City, which bores me quite frankly. Not all events have to be perfected.
Matther 'Shadow' McDermit
Outlands, Alive; helping refugees and giving out supplies.

Walton Pier
Publicly shot and killed after being forced to jump off the Nexus from having too much contrabands

Matt Pir
City 45, Alive; protesting the Combine.

Megan Jills
City 45, Alive; grows tired of Combine rule

Walker Moep
City 45, Loyalist; Helping the UU clean

Offline Tapir!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 01:18:56 AM »
What do I think would be interesting with this event? Well, firstly, mabye a little while before we somehow see the advisor on the nexus screen, for, whatever reason.

But, more importantly, it should crash, in P3, and then other things should happen. Like, C45 has a lot of lolwebuls, mabye it doesn't like that. And it cleanses P3. Or mabye it floats in front of nexus and goes "You've been a bad, bad city. Behave." Or something. Could be intersting, whoever plays the Advisor.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 05:27:03 AM »
We should wait for a big planned event; bring it out after a month or more of planning, have the Advisor address a MAJOR issue.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 03:26:53 PM »
I think this is a good idea, but will probably result in a bad execution.

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 04:49:29 PM »

Offline Vandal??¢

• :.())0_/\_0(().:
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 09:13:45 AM »
http://youtu.be/NvJPfFdpgXc?t=9m37s

Re-consideration?

Yes, perhaps a better location for it would be in the Outlands, as they are used for forceful extraction of resistance information via their probing tongue penis.
Wha- Me?! But Stross said we could destroy the Marker!
Not if we consume you first!
God dammit, I trusted you! FUCK YOU! AND FUCK YOUR MARKER!

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 10:26:07 PM »
I like this idea. It's different and rather original, and very much possible for it to happen. There was an Advisor speaking to Dr. Breen over a console in HL2, along with one in a barn that crashed so that makes it a possibility. And I'm sure that Advisors would be going to sectors to do this sort of thing, considering the fact that hundreds escaped the Citadel when it was getting destroyed and going off of that they might have been used to go address issues in the surrounding area. And in Martiner's video they're seen being moved via a large OTA movement.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 10:29:54 PM by Mr. Pettit »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal