Author Topic: Skrillex  (Read 5557 times)

Offline Mr Mystery

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Skrillex
« on: August 16, 2012, 06:34:57 PM »
Post your favorite skrillex song here!

MINE IS:

Bangarang http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJVmu6yttiw
-The Boss-\r\n

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Skrillex
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 08:06:19 PM »
I should seem like the least likely person to not be a fan of Skrillex, but I'm just not. What's my specifics? It's like some one took a song by the Glitch Mob and speed it up, then just overly accented the bass. It had some appeal to it when he was first starting out, but then it just seemed as though he identified the formula that made up a successful song, and abused it over and over to make cash.

In short, I think he's systemically raping what good dubstep was (Noisia, Bass Nectar, Paper Diamond), and I honestly disapprove of such a musical choice. I don't think you personally are a horrible person because of your musical choices, but Skrillex is seriously a malignant tumor on the hip of electronic music.

Also this:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD0zmNdlTwM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD0zmNdlTwM</a>
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 08:07:57 PM by Frolie »
I'm a fag

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 10:36:27 PM »
 I find Skrillex dumb. That is all.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 11:19:35 PM »
I find Skrillex dumb. That is all.
5. If you want to post negative criticism, be constructive. Don't go "HURR THIS SUCKS" and not give a reason why.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 11:45:52 PM »
I dislike it when people listen to Skrillex because they think it's dubstep - but as electronic music goes I really do like some of Skrillexes work

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVUnpkvgHaw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVUnpkvgHaw</a>

Offline Wood Jablome

• Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 02:15:31 AM »
I absolutely love First Of The Year. Although, that's about the only song I like by Skrillex. I've heard Bangarang, Cinema, and Kyoto. I just can't get into those.

Offline Borkatjov

• when were you when heat legend die
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 08:52:54 AM »
I've heard a lot Skrillex in his earlier days, but I must admit, I have slowly stopped hearing it..

Offline Turismo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 09:07:34 AM »
What people don't understand about Skrillex is that, it's not dubstep. There's a sub-genre of Dubstep called 'Brostep', generally for the kids who hopped on the dubstep scene due to all the 'wobs' that then gives birth to 'utter filth'. Skrillex isn't really dubstep tbf, and even though I do like one song of his. Died This Way its called. Fuckkkk my subwoofers :L. Listen to Deep Medi, now that's dubstep. Tunnidge, Mala, Goth-Trad, Coki, Skream, Kromestar, Cluekid etc. Big up Deep Medi.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 06:07:47 PM »
I dislike it when people listen to Skrillex because they think it's dubstep - but as electronic music goes I really do like some of Skrillexes work

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVUnpkvgHaw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVUnpkvgHaw</a>

I kinda went off Skrillex after hearing their actual dubstep-y songs, but after hearing more of their electronic work (thanks to you) I think I'll be hearing more of their work, like this, often.
im bach

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 05:12:21 PM »
Skrillex has some good music, many people just hate like they do on everything.

Even his new tracks are good, i listen to some every once in a while, not too often or it become repetetive though.

Offline Panda

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 07:55:53 PM »
He has me to thank for getting famous.
<3 V FOR VENDETTA. It\\\\\\\'s the most amazing thing ever. ~*

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 09:14:26 AM »
Skrillex is pretty good, I have a couple of his songs downloaded.

It's funny though, that when you say you like skrillex you get bashed to hell by all the people who hate his music.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 09:33:02 AM »
Skrillex is pretty good, I have a couple of his songs downloaded.

It's funny though, that when you say you like skrillex you get bashed to hell by all the people who hate his music.

it's generally because he spearheaded a twist on "dubstep" (in reality his music is just electronic dance music) and everybody jumped on the skrillex bandwagon which was happening just as things like UKF Dubstep began to get popular, people must have thought it was linked and started to listen to skrillex thinking it was dubstep and because so many people did this it began to change what "the majority" of people thought dubstep was which sucks for the original pioneers of dubstep who made and are making something completely different to what people believe dubstep is - i think some people truely believe skrillex "invented" dubstep, rather then it being created out of a mix of genres in london (which is like the only thing im produd of britain doing yay)

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 01:44:14 AM »
Skrillex is awesome!  My favorite songs are (he is to good to only have one favorite):

With you friends
bangarang
rock n roll
reptiles theme
summit
all i ask of you
kyoto
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive