Author Topic: Howard Biggs's Civil Worker Application  (Read 2049 times)

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
Howard Biggs's Civil Worker Application
« on: August 14, 2012, 12:21:05 PM »
~IC PART~
Full Name: Howard Biggs
Citizen identification(CID): 10358
Last Assigned Apartment Number: Apartment A1
Total Loyalist Points: 1
Sex: Male

How long have you been in City45:
4-5 months

Why do you want to join the CWU?:
I want to help the Combine with remedial tasks, Doing so of helping citizens and others, I want to increase my loyalty work, Window washing and cleaning has not been rewarding, And helping citizens would be the most helpful task that i have for the time being.

Have you ever been detained before?(If so why):
I have not been detained.

Past experience with work/labor:
I have work experience in general-purpose workings,
I have been a shopkeeper so i can be a CWU shopkeeper
I have been a Window cleaner so i can clean peoples windows
I have been a memorial washer so i can clean the memorial when it gets dirty
And i have been a janitor so i can clean the floors of the streets and anywhere a CP wants me to.

Name 4 things the CWU Can possess, and 4 things we cant. Also state why.:
Things it can posses:
Number one The CWU posses the chance of increasing loyalty to the Combine.
Number two: The CWU posses the opportunity to help people in need.
Number three: The CWU posses the opportunity to help the CP.
Number four: The CWU posses the accessibility to sell UU branded items such as flashlights and other UU branded items.

Things it can not posses
Number one:  The CWU can not posses the ability to helping Citizens who are criminals.

Number two: The CWU can not posses the ability to legally own firearms.

Number three: The CWU can not posses the opportunity to go against the combine in anyway.

Number four: The CWU do not have the ability to giving any of its members Diplomatic immunity.

Tell us about what you can do.:
Well i have studied medicine from my mother as she was a doctor, She thought me surgery and lobotomy and also first aid,
I learned shopkeeping from my experience for a few weeks were i would sell UU brand goods,
I learned Physics from my job as a particle physicist which i worked on for a few months,
I learned Cryptology from my time researching aliens for about a full year,
I have learned window washing from my experience for about a full month,
I am friendly and i am smart, I can do multitasking and i am very efficient,
I can do many things at one time and i am loyal to the UU and the Combine,
I am heavy in the field of literature, When i went to my university i studied the Renascence and other arts,
I don't have any other experience skills but i do have potential.
If a citizen asks for help and is new to the city, what would you do?:
I would tell the Citizen my name and were they would usually go during events such as ration deployment, I would show them the Civil housing and the ration terminal and were people have shops, I would then give them a request device and tell them how to use it and what they should use it on, I would then tell them not to go into the Resistance areas for the citizens safety.

~OOC Section~
Name: Jonathan Daleo
Timezone: Greenwich Mean Time
SteamID: Dublinjd
Roleplay Experience: 3 Quarters of a year.
Serious Roleplay Experience: 7 months
Detail a regular day as a worker of the CWU?:
The CWU worker would wake up early, He would then get his folded uniform and wash and clean it, Then he would put it on and go outside, He would usually go to his main duties and help citizens, If a citizen asks him where to get a room the worker would reply by showing them the Civil Housing, He would do remedial duties such as: Window washing, Cleaning, Selling UU branded goods, And doing medicine, When it starts to get late the Worker would take a break, After his break he would continue his duties until he has to go to bed, When he gets home he would clean and press and fold his uniform, After that he would fall asleep and wait til the next morning were he will need to start his new day as a CWU Worker.

Character Backstory:
-Childhood I was born in 1983 to a Yugoslavian family, My Mother was a doctor and my Father was a Wall street broker, I was sent to a private school for kids, Where i learned many things, My mother wanted to bring me to a Ivy-league school, I was then brought to a private high school for intelligent men, I had a IQ of 139, I loved cryptology , I then changed my job to a Particle physicist were I learned about atoms and electrons and many more.

-Adulthood
I was starting to grow into a man, Since my parents were orthodox Christians I was then sent to church, When I started to live a new life I looked back in time, From the Big Bang to the current events of life.

-Scientology
I wanted to find a much more interesting religion so i picked Scientology, It was simple but i never liked it that much, So i joined it and it was the only religion liked so i kept it.

-Seven Hour War

I was doing well if i was ever going to complete his task of finding aliens, I knew aliens would attack the earth but i did not know about the Combine, I was paranoid with the fact and started to go to the observatory for a few weeks, I failed and went back into particle physics, I was in Yugoslavia to visit my best friend when a spaceship looked down at him, I ran to the WW2 Memorial and opened a hatch leaving me in darkness.

I woke up and saw that all he knew was dead, Howard was then relocated to city 45 on a train, The razor train was dull and depressing it looked like a piece of alien machinery outside but inside was normal, I walked to my cabin i saw nobody on the train, It was just me and some Combine guards, I did not think negatively about the invasion he thought it was his new chance of life, The train ride would be long so I looked around for a book or computer, I found one of the only books on the train I picked the book up and read the cover, 1984 by George Orwell, I was not delighted but read the book, Its cover did not take my eye but it could make the illusion of time going faster, I read it within 18 hours the book resembled what was my future, Howard revised over the book it seemed like it was like a coincidence, The Combine would probably use most of the tactics of the book: They would use propaganda and watch the citizens on telescreens, And they would torture and brainwash all people, I knew that this would be "Room 101", I thought if the government would be this way then he might as well done the reverse of what the main protagonist done in the book.

-The train ride
I woke up to the waking of a Combine soldier shaking on him,I opened my eyes and asked what was going on, The combine replied saying "2 more hours until we reach c45!, I then replied by saying "Why don't you just wake me when we reached the location?", The combine replied with a snigger and said "Because you need to get ready", "Get to the showers now!", I soaked Myself with the luffa, After that i was then given a Citizen uniform and a CID, Howard looked at the clock 9 minutes to go until he reached his destination, Time went slow and painful I took a bite of my ration that the guard gave me, 3 minutes to go, I took a sip of my breen water, 30 seconds to go, I then took my suitcase up and exited my cabin, 2 seconds to go, The smoke disappeared from the train station, I stepped down and was checked, I opened the gate went outside the train station, I Went to the Civil Housing and bought a room which I spent the night in.

-Business
I was interviewed for a book and general goods permit, He opened up his shop and sold stuff for quite a while until he quited his job and went to work as something else and after that he gave up.

-City life
"City 45 is one of the most civil place in the world" ,"Sure it is not heaven but it is Civil haven", If I  wanted a chance at giving this up then i would keep city 45 up and running, "If the world was control ed by the Combine since day one it would of been the best part of human history at least that is what i think".

-Loyalty
"I was never in trouble with anyone in my life," "The Combine gave me the haven and i swear to protect this haven from all of the dastardly things that mankind has made over the past years", "I loved the Combine and realized that i should live cooperatively with them."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:28:52 AM by Howard Biggs »

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Howard Biggs's Civil Worker Application
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 11:00:48 AM »
// Please be more detailed about the past experiences and what you can do for us and not give the headouts

Credit goes to jackal

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 12:27:29 PM »
Anything else?

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 03:06:55 PM »
Application Denied
Out of Character for OOC:
Apologies for the long delay. Your IC section on the application was fine, the only troubles I had was in the OOC Backstory section. To be more specific, the spaceship looking down at your character, the high IQ and particle physicist. Combined with the fact that the backstory somewhat ignores the entire invasion of xen aliens before the combine invasion (Somewhat voiding your entire search for aliens, really).

So for mainly those reasons, I am unfortantly going to have to deny this application. You may apply again within one week from the 14th of Augest.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal