Author Topic: What I think of most CCA 05's and Recruits  (Read 9092 times)

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What I think of most CCA 05's and Recruits
« on: August 14, 2012, 02:59:40 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCuXnjmBH_Y" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCuXnjmBH_Y</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO18jvjbU8k" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO18jvjbU8k</a>
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 03:04:56 AM by [ZARP] Get.in.the.Van »

Offline tdabamf1

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What I think of most CCA 05's and Recruits
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 03:47:31 AM »
i acted like this when i was an 04 and 03.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 12:56:08 PM »
That's almost exactly how my 04 days were.  Instead, most recruits are too busy trying to act scary and badass to really act like beating someone is new.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 04:34:55 PM »
I've seen tons of 03-RCT's acting badass, which annoys me quite a lot. I myself, was vomitting in my mask, when I was 02-01, when I saw someone get amputated.
Unfortunately, when you tell those units, to look up on their guides, they'll be like; "I've seen it before / Did it tons of times / You don't know this characters background / You can't tell me, how I devolop my character."

Srsly...

Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 04:52:46 PM »
Now... Not to say too much but I agree, there are people that are my rank area that WANT to see amputations, they WANT to see torture. I really, really think we need to remind any units acting hardcore that they are still civvies in a suit. I like to think my unit shows enough emotion; she doesn't want to amputate, ever. Nor does she want to see any torture. She once had to cut off a citizen's hand; she was really upset, crying for ages, feeling like shit after. I once saw El Problemo (Thank god he is banned) shoot a guy with a /me along the lines of..

/me raises the pistol to the man's head coldly and pulls the trigger.

Stuff like that rustles my jimmies... Oh it really does. However don't assume we are all like that, some of us are good with the fear RP/Guilt RP that we are expected to do.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 05:57:23 PM »
Right... don't act cold on Unit... hmm.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 05:58:38 PM »
 I remember seeing a Recruit yell at my citizen to rip my heart out two times and shut up, or either kill my character. I agree with Challenge of death sex?3 on this one.

Offline TheKrusader

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 06:29:30 PM »

It's a recruit. Why the hell would a citizen immediately turn into a major badass just because of a uniform?

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 06:41:17 PM »

Low ranks, which they are talking about, shouldn't be acting cold. They should relate to the citizens.
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 07:15:50 PM »

Low ranks, which they are talking about, shouldn't be acting cold. They should relate to the citizens.

I was worried he meant all Units, which I found strange. I do agree that Units at a low rank shouldn't act like they are a hardened tightass that cares for nothing.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Sectus

• Flutterbutter
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 11:21:52 PM »
It does seem accurate, considering a rebel, and a free vortigaunt walked passed them, and they didn't know enough to report it.

http://sectussection.tumblr.com - My Tumblr Review Page
https://twitter.com/Sectus12 - My Twitter Page

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 12:38:13 AM »
Just to play the devil's advocate, it has been seen in Africa that if you can turn someone into a cold killing machine just by giving them guns and drugs.  Of course, I have no knowledge of human psychology, so I can't say that it would be ok to act cold and unfeeling as a recruit.  For now, I would MUCH prefer recruits to act "human".  I will admit that I was a badass back in my recruit days and, if given the opportunity, I would gladly do them over.  Instead, the best I can do is ensure that our newest recruits don't make the same mistakes I did.

Offline Tapir!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 01:05:47 AM »
Funny thing, I tried to create this on my Recruit. TWICE. Look where that got me.

But in all seriousness, if you want recruits, 05s, and 04s to act more like inexperienced citizens in uniforms, you need to give them the wiggle room.

Walk forwards? Theres the CmD, waiting to Vaporise you. Left Turn? UED, doing their UED things, and ultimatley death. And of course, take a right, and its the lolwebuls. If you hit that north-north-west path, just right, than you move on. We all know which path it is, and how to do it. But if you dont hit it, you die.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 01:14:33 AM by Tapir? »

Offline tdabamf1

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 10:23:31 AM »
The UED's and CmD's are complete assholes when it comes to this, so I just acted as serious as I could. Tapir actually tried to roleplay good by being an recruit, and what the CmD was un-called for. You guys really have to learn that you shouldn't kill a unit for a small thing, they worked hard to make their back story, make their application, do all the fucking training that's a pain in the ass by the trainers that almost never get online...

I just think you should go a bit easier on recruits, their prone to make mistakes ICly and OOCly, by that I mean sometimes they mean too, and sometimes they don't. I think Tapir witnessed the abuse of being killed by UED's and CmD's for VERY stupid reasons, I mean all he did is walk out of the Nexus one time to ask a unit something, and he was killed. I'm sorry but you guys have to work on this, it's disappointing. I'm not saying stop punishing units, just don't kill them, okay?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 10:25:25 AM by tdabamf1 »

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 10:34:09 AM »
I say that a good ol' beating should be incorporated into punishment systems instead of those horrid BMs, it could act as your ONLY warning before the BMs come a'rolling in.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal