Author Topic: Andre DuBois's Authorization Application  (Read 1818 times)

Offline ?????¬??

• An Idiot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Andre DuBois's Authorization Application
« on: August 09, 2012, 04:45:17 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: hockeygoalie5
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 3-5 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2-4 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Moderate medical knowledge.

Name: Andre DuBois
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
After some time of little going-ons in the Outlands, Andre decided that it was time to look elsewhere for people who may need help; his itch to make sure everyone he could help always got help not being scratched. He took just enough supplies to satisfy him and anyone he might meet for months. After many weeks of hiding by day, and moving by night, Andre found himself in some woods. He searched deep inside, when in the distance, he spotted a fire in the dark night. Andre squinted towards it to find other structures: tents, lean-tos, and towers. He slowly approached the camp, sure not to startle anyone who might be inside; he hadn't planned on violence, but one can not be sure anymore. There were cots, with men laying on them; they did not look well. A young woman slowly approached them, and tended to them. Elsewhere, armed men stood in circles and spoke, their laughter loud and booming. Just outside the small camp, a tow-
    "Hey! Who are you?" Andre slowly turns, to find a large woman in a white, blood stained coat standing above him. She had a dark complexion, red hair, and a dirty face. "Well, can't you speak?" she interrogates. Andre stands tall, attempting to appear calm.
     He speaks quietly, "I mean no har-"
     "I didn't ask for that, I asked for your name, so tell it!" she commanded.
     "I am Andre, I-"
     She wouldn't let him speak, "Well, Andre, what are you doing here?"
     "I've been out for nearly a month, alone, looking for-"
     "So, you must be hungry!" By then, a large group of people have gathered. The red haired woman spoke to a stout man in an apron, "Fetch some good food!"
     Andre insisted, "Well, I-"
     "No, you'll eat!" There was no arguing. They brought him to a large, makeshift dining hall with many tables and chairs inside. Andre was sat down, and looked around the room. Many people were standing around him, staring at him as if they were inspecting him. Shortly, a large, stone late was placed in front of him. Andre's eyes widened, and his mouth almost dropped. The plate was topped with vegetables, meat, and rice. They seemed fresh. Andre looked up, suspicious, but was met by the red haired woman's gaze. "Come on, then! You're hungry!" Andre looked down to his plate, and slowly took his fork. It was not that he thought he may be some trick, as if the meal was poisoned, but he felt that what was happening was the opposite of his intent: he wanted to help others, not vice-versa. He ate modestly, but finished the plate, as to not disappoint his hosts and be wasteful. "Well, now that you are fed, we may talk!" The woman always spoke loudly. She led Andre into a tent, but this time no others followed her. The tent was bare, save for a woolen "sleeping bag" on the ground. The woman sat, still seeming large, even next to the still-standing French-Canadian with his heavy build. She gestured him to sit as well, and Andre complied.
    "I am Maggie, Maggie MacLinn," her voice seemed proud, "and I run things 'round here." Andre seemed surprised at the name, though she looked Irish, her voice sounded more European. "So, Andre, where is it that you are from? You have got some sturdy clothing on, and is that a military insignia?"
    "I came from a mountain range, just outside a city. It-"
    "Which city?"
    "City 45, I left the city and found myself there." Andre proceeded to explain his story, at least the part starting from after he escaped the city. Maggie sat quietly, interested.
     "So, you are a soldier?"
     "Eh, yes, I suppose."
     "You like to help, then?"
     "Well, yes, I do."
     "Good! We've got some injured, and we-"
     It was Andre's turn to interrupt, "I do not know medicine."
     "Well, see, I'm the only one 'round here who does. No one else is willing to learn, they're squeamish, or something."
     "I can learn then, if you can teach." Over a few months, Andre picked up basic field medicine. He was no surgeon, but he could handle the many wounds and infections the people at the camp received. He stayed at the camp for a months longer, but decided it was finally time to return to those outside City 45. He thanked each member of the camp, who all supplied him with food and water to return. Andre had kept a log and a map of the way he came, so returning was much quicker, and only took 2 weeks. He immediately returned to the large bunker on the peak of one of the mountains, to find it demolished and seemingly abandoned. He ran to Belles, and found old faces in the inn there. Andre had returned to his friends with unforgettable experience.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Medical knowledge:
     Tend to wounds up to the severity of a high velocity rifle,
     Tend to infections and some illnesses.

Defects
During the trip, Andre had lost quite some weight, and is now weaker.
Andre's combat knife is now more dull, and needs sharpened.
Andre may be pressured in situations where he is the only one with medical knowledge to attempt things he does not have the knowledge to.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Assist anyone who may need help with his medical knowledge.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
N/A

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Andre DuBois's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 05:35:30 PM »
The application seems okay, it's not perfect but for moderate medical knowledge it's probably okay - I can't vouch by any of your RP though as I don't think I've seen you too much (I tend to stay on City)

Offline ?????¬??

• An Idiot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 09:20:05 PM »
I think you have seen me roleplay before. My OOC name is normally hockeygoalie5. I played in the city as Wilhelm Kuhl and Nathan Jaeger, who both received generous auths. I've already gotten some auths on this character, so his major back story is there. I should've put that in the extra notes looking back on it, sorry.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 11:54:49 PM »
I can vouch for his level of roleplay. In my reasonably large experience RPing with/around him, I've seen nothing but the best. The backstory appears sound.
+support
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 07:08:17 AM »
I've seen you roleplay on the server a few times so I'm happy to support you having moderate medical knowledge.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 08:03:35 AM »
Accepted. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 08:06:33 AM by .apex »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal