Author Topic: Joseph Alexanders's Authorization Application  (Read 2174 times)

STALKER

Joseph Alexanders's Authorization Application
« on: August 05, 2012, 07:35:19 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Vulture
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 4 to 3 years (Fallout 3, STALKER)
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 4 to 3 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
-A steel baseball bat
-Trader clothing
-Make traps with the environment
-Ability to create molotovs
-A shipment carrying said items

Name: Joseph Alexanders
Affiliation: Rebellion

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
 Joseph Alexanders is a 26 year old man currently living in a City with 45 at the end. He is a courier that moves to another district of City45 in order to smuggle shipment crates and items into the city for individuals to buy from him for a fee which is why he spreads a lot of contraband around for others uses. Sometimes, he will spread around crates in hidden areas where not much population is heat-zoned in. Inside City45 is less harsher than outside the walls of the cities districts itself. You never know what is behind those walls now because well... you're locked up in a city like a starving rodent in a cage.  Sometimes, citizens will tell him experiences he encountered with strange creatures he saw. A zombified human to small four-legged creatures called "Headcrabs." It didn't seem terrifiying to him but he knew what it was like at a close encounter with these typical kinds of creatures. After losing a shipment a few days later, he was angry and filled with hatred towards the citizen. This wasn't the first time though because a few days earlier, some people tried to chase after him with weapons and stole some of his shipments. Sometimes, he escaped with the cart full of shipments.

Raising his flashlight over his shoulder and clicking it on to reveal a pathway in the darkness. He looked around the darkened area to find empty bottles, cans, cartons to a pile of junkyard-like vehicles that were no use. Kicking some trash aside and searching through vehicles, there was nothing at all he could find. Nothing! Just plain trash everywhere you look! Nothing at all. It wasn't exactly what Joseph expected in such a area. He remembered scavenging for decent items back in the old city called City 32. You could see useful items just in plain sight. No need to scavenge for countless minutes or hours in such a location. Well, that can't happen in City45.

After filled with minor agression. He turned around and sighted a somewhat familiar object. Ofcourse, a steel baseball bat laying there on the ground. Approaching it, he noticed a piece of paper laying near it. "A baseball bat for smashing heads in. Please use caution! Hah, just kidding. I am going to be caught by Civil Protection very soon... so uhhhh... take this I guess. Also, I left some of my favourite melee weaponry around that baseball bat. It's brass knuckles... with spikes on it! Keep care and good luck ~Just a citizen" He nodded and put the paper inside a nearby wrecked vehicle. Looking at the baseball bat. It had a worn out design and had a few bandages around the rim of it with some black tape surrounding the grip of it too. After finding the spiked knuckles attached to the bottom of the baseball bat, he ripped it off and slid them on his bare hands. They fit perfectly and it looked to be in well condition, no rust or anything. He nodded towards the standard brass knuckles with a guarantee smile. "This'll do greatly..."

A few days have passed. Nothing familiar except some strangers wanting to buy some shipments from him. His contacts also were waiting near the safe zone where they left the crates in the unknown area. No one has ever lurked by such a area except himself. It's where they hid the special loot and well, it's kind of a nice area where he can come in and out for the so called shipments. Putting the items into crates, one of the individuals he saw earlier approached him and snapped his knuckles. "Ready for another beatin'?" "Yeah, come at me then." Turning around at a fast rate while swinging his hand towards him, he slashed him across the cheek to leave four marks which bled out. Exchanging for a baseball bat, he looked down at him and said, "Hasta la vista, baby." Joseph smacked him across the temple as hard as he could until the person blacked out. He was unconsious for sure so he checked his body. Grabbing ahold of the jacket and taking it off his hands, it was quite the design. Also a blue book entitled "TRAPS" with a rodent approaching a mouse trap on the picture.

Putting a paper across his chest which read "Don't you ever fucking walk into this area again or else you will ask for a really good beating! Tell your friends about it too." Pushing the orange cart with some strength, he was well off to the main district he was always in. 

"I am a courier." Joseph hesitated to the man. "Watcha' got in those crates over there mate?" "Oh, those crates? It's what the citizens wanted. Some of those shipments also carry items that I need to sell in the city." "Nice huh? Can I have some for free?" "Ah, get outta' here!" The citizen laughed under his breath and said, "I am just kiddin'. I'll leave you be my friend. See you Joseph." "Yeah, see you too you old coot. Heh." Scratching the back of his head while viewing the paper. It read:

1x brass knuckles
 3x scrap metal parts (piled together with rope)
 2x eletronic parts
 1x reinforced citizen jumpsuit made by our engineer
 2x hoody
 1x pair of black boots
 1x gasmask
 2x molotovs
 2x dead headcrabs
 3x large cigarette packs w/ zippo lighters
 1x orange toolbox with some missing tools

These are yours:
 1x black balacalva
 1x tuque
 1x dark brown raincoat
 1x large backpack

EDIT 1: After making a quick way down the road. He found a towel and some tissues in a box just nearby. Although with no haste, he noticed it was on the table near a abandoned refugee camp. A notepad was nearby so he grasped ahold of it and read it throughly:

Alright, Day 23. I have been able to create a molotov using some leftover gasoline found in abandoned vehicles or just jerry cans. Using something can create fire and be portable is what you when you are walking around. Something like a zippo lighter, matches, ash from cigarettes, nearby firecamps. Just use anything that can create heat. Once you are done, light up the towel, tissues or paper and throw it! Before you do that, please fill up the glass bottle with some gasoline, the more the merrier! Be sure to let the flame to touch the gasoline!

Dave.

Putting down the notepad and looking over towards some of the dead corpses. He wandered, "were they attacked?" He approached them and began to loot them, only to search for a few things here and there that provided usefulness for him. Pushing a tissue into the neck of the bottle which the bottom was soaked with, he wetted it with gasoline and slowly filled it up with gasoline. After making a molotov, he noticed what exactly it was like to make one. Looking over at a peice of wood, he flinged the molotov at the wall and it combusted, only to leave behind shattered glass in black and abit of ignited flames. It was quite the technique to make a molotov so he created some more, only to leave them inside his dufflebag and use it on his way back to Precinct 3 but he had to go through a few districts of City45 to make it there.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
+Increased self defense.
+Leather jacket for good style. His new clothing too!
+Make traps using the items around his environment.
+People get benefits with items. He gets benefits with tokens.

Defects
-More targetted individual due to being a courier.
-Probably be robbed during his trading.
-Can't holster the baseball bat, especially in public.
-Stamina is decreased due to backpack, items carrying, and thick clothing.
-Suspicious? Yep.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
 To increase the amount of passive roleplaying by selling these items. Also to cause action if one opponent wants to versus me.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
 To the people who wish to buy the items from the list above, yes. It will give the priority and oppurtunity to instantly buy authorizations in-game without going to the forums and getting their own authorization. Decreases time.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
 I also wanted my character to look like a trader with the clothing he got from his contacts.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 06:09:45 PM by STALKER »

The Mysterious Stranger

Re: Joseph Alexanders's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 08:10:53 PM »
 Edited this authorization.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 07:55:21 AM »
I like it. Detailed, well written, and there is no doubt about your RP. The only thing i see could be that you're applying for quite an amount of items.. and im not so sure about all of it.. however making a molotov could be.

I'd like some other admins opinions on this.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 04:29:51 PM »
I like it. Detailed, well written, and there is no doubt about your RP. The only thing i see could be that you're applying for quite an amount of items.. and im not so sure about all of it.. however making a molotov could be.

I'd like some other admins opinions on this.

Some of the items will be shared with the members in my group IC'ly such as the trade market.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 08:59:39 PM »
As Apex stated, I'm really in doubt regarding the molotovs.
I lnow you won't abuse them, but I can really see the scene for me.
The book, brass knuckles and the baseball bat, I see no real big problem in. Just a form of a knife basically.
The only thing I would like to see gone, is the molotov knowledge. Nothing else.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 01:08:51 AM »
I don't know how you'll end up finding fuel for the Molotov cocktails unless it's in the form of bottled alcohol and that raises serious concerns about spawning shipments of bottles on demand in order to burn down buildings.

I'll support this for the following:
-A steel baseball bat
-Trader clothing
-Make traps with the environment
-A shipment carrying said items (excluding Molotovs)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 04:20:21 PM »
I don't agree with the whole Molotov thing either but your perfectly able to handle the rest of the app, if you agree to be authed for what Jackal said then I'll pretty much be happy to accept this

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 06:11:22 PM »
 I could leave behind the molotovs and go with the said authorizations that are proven acceptable.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 01:28:08 AM »
Consider this accepted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal