Author Topic: John Mcreary's Authorization Application  (Read 4053 times)

Offline El Problemo?

• View Profile
    • Awards
John Mcreary's Authorization Application
« on: August 05, 2012, 04:21:21 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: El Problemo?
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 2-4 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Months almost a year

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Ability to make Mp7's from scrap metal/plastic

Ability to make appropiate ammo using resources (Ammo will jam a lot and not work, ammo will be extremely weak)

Knowledge to build a gun

Name: John Mcreary
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
John growing up lived with his dad. His dad made weapons and sold them illegally. Andrew got interested in weapons and started to watch his dad make weapons. He started helping his dad around the shop and he even built a few guns. The guns were bad so his dad didn't sell them but they used the guns for hunting for food. John's dad went away one day to make a sell on a shipment of weapons. He never came back he was arrested for selling illegal weapons. John had to take the role of his father. He started building guns and started selling them. John was losing his costumers fast because the guns were terrible. John finally ran out of money and had to live on his own. He couldn't afford anything so he used his guns for hunting for food. He lived in the same shack and ate meat from animals.

When the seven hour war came John hid in the outlands from combine he lived in his shack and then had to evacuate when one day a combine patrol found him. John lived off in the woods. He made his way to the bunker and became friends with a few people. When the combine raided the bunker John's friends were killed he made it out alive from the bunker with bruises and scraps. He couldn't believe that his only two friends were dead. He ran away from the bunker and watched several combine soldiers attack it. John lived off in belles town every since that day and lived off in the open with caution.

John Mcreary was never a bad person, he was very friendly but when he saw his own friends get killed trying to help someone he changed. He became very cold from that day on. He didn't have respect for anyone else anymore except for himself and his true close friends. He looked at everyone and thought they were scum. John Mcreary lives alone and with a gun under his pillow. John doesn't trust anyone because he was screwed over many times by people he cared for. He had a girlfriend Amy who he loved and did a lot for her. She cheated on him with another guy. John helped her a lot and Amy only used him for his skills. She only went out with him so she could get a free gun for protection and to show her friends that she is "Cool" because she got a gun.

John Mcreary always lived bad when his mother was still around his mother used to beat him a lot and not love him. Only his dad cared about John. John didn't have really have a childhood because he was forced into labor. It was only when he was a teenager that his mother passed away and he started living with his father. His father fed him well and never beat him. If John would get in trouble his father would only take away his privliages of watching him craft or craft weapons and ammo at all. John was a very good child. His dad disciplined. John always looked up to his father as the one who would always be there for him and who would protect him whenever. When John's dad died he cried for a long time and he still cries to this day. John believes that his dad is up in heaven looking down at him guiding him along the way. He can't accept the fact that pretty much everyone he knew and cared for is dead or betrayed him. John's happiness now is crafting weapons and ammo. He can't improve his guns somehow because he isn't a very social and none can help him because he despises them. He has no way to see how to improve his guns or ammunition because he doesn't know how. He has very little experience making weapons and ammo but it keeps him happy and alive.

John Mcreary attacks Combine patrols once in a while to screw with them. John knows its dangerous but he has nothing to lose because he lost everything in his life except for his knowledge and the clothes on his back. John Mcreary attacks the patrols to get revenge on them for attacking the bunker and killing his friends. John Mcreary will probably never live with anyone because of his lack of trust. One time when someone started speaking to John about something John got into a fight with him. John threw him off of a cliff. John is also a stronger person because he works out. He does sit-ups, push-ups ETC... John survives off of animals and water. He doesn't get sick so often because he is used to this kind of weather and conditions. John is a fearless person but he fears one thing, spiders. The one thing that motivates John is survival. He thinks its fun he goes crazy sometimes when he fires his guns getting addicted to the sound and look of the gun. The guns bring back memories of him and his dad working together and laughing at the workbench. John will continue to do what he does now until his last day of his life or until he runs out of resources to make ammunition. But at that point he will fight with his bare hands...

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Protect

Make John smarter/more useful

Rebel

Enhance Civilian roleplay

Defects
Guns will fall apart easily

Guns will Jam/break often

Guns will be extremely unaccurate

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
With this perks/defects I plan on making civilian RP more useful and more fun. I also want to probably join a rebellion or start on my own. The perks will help me in the  outlands and the defects will make my character not seem like a badass but someone who has a small amount of skill to craft Mp7's that barely work. The ammo if accepted will be terrible. It will take a lot of shots to kill someone. It would most likely be a small metal ball with a pointy side.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No Just John

Which server does this apply for?
Both

Extra Notes (optional):
People have seen my RP and think its good. I have a unit which is slowly but surely progressing through the ranks
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 06:30:10 PM by El Problemo? »
HL2RP Characters:

C45.CCA.GRID-03.826: Alive

The Mysterious Stranger

Re: John Mcreary's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 04:44:24 PM »
 Two paragraphs won't be able to get you those authorizations on the spot. Chances are you are going to be denied.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 04:56:07 PM »
You cannot apply for OOC weapons anyway, so this app should be instantly denied if admins were to follow the rules...
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 05:04:24 PM »
Speaking of rules why are you two posting in a application you're not involved in?

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2

Offline El Problemo?

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 05:05:47 PM »
Oh okay sorry, I'll add more paragraphs
HL2RP Characters:

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 05:10:09 PM »
I support him a lot awesome rper and i think i will +support him!

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: John Mcreary's Authorization Application
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 05:14:51 PM »
I support him a lot awesome rper and i think i will +support him!
10% warning added for posting while uninvolved. Next person to post that's not the op or admin recieves a ban.

Offline El Problemo?

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: John Mcreary\'s Authorization Application
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 05:21:09 PM »
If I can't apply for OOC weapons I am really wondering why I see with the same idea and he was accepted. And also this isn't applying for guns. Its applying for the knowledge to build crappy guns.. I'm not saying "My character got a gun blah blah" I am saying that he knows how to make weapons

Post Auto-Merged: August 05, 2012, 06:15:28 PM
Edited added more paragraphs
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 06:15:28 PM by El Problemo? »
HL2RP Characters:

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 09:51:30 PM »
I can't see this working out, ever.

Pretty sure there've been apps like this in the past, and this is why they've been denied:

There is no way that you would be able to get the parts to make a functioning firearm, much less ammo, period.

Honestly, the best someone could come close is making a firearm that would backfire and explode in their face, or some such.
Also, if you ever, somehow, did manage to make a functioning mp7, you wouldn't be given one ingame.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 11:14:33 PM »
I'm not confident about the reasons for holding on to an authorization like this with the possibility of this happening:

He thinks its fun he goes crazy sometimes when he fires his guns getting addicted to the sound and look of the gun.

..which is why I won't be able to support this application, sorry.

Offline El Problemo?

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 11:26:21 PM »
I can't see this working out, ever.

Pretty sure there've been apps like this in the past, and this is why they've been denied:

There is no way that you would be able to get the parts to make a functioning firearm, much less ammo, period.

Honestly, the best someone could come close is making a firearm that would backfire and explode in their face, or some such.
Also, if you ever, somehow, did manage to make a functioning mp7, you wouldn't be given one ingame.

Its quite possible and if you actually -FEEL- like reading closely I state clearly the weapon breaks and jams a lot. Also... I saw sectus with the same idea and he was accepted no problem? Look. I strongly recommend before you go off posting random things about my application which are false please read through it carefully
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 11:30:31 PM by El Problemo? »
HL2RP Characters:

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 11:27:59 PM »
Imma agree with oz and kom. I can't see this working. Ever.

Offline El Problemo?

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 11:34:25 PM »

Please read what I EXACTLY just wrote. Also I have no clue why it wouldn't work out. I have a unit a CWU and I have good roleplay. And if I would actually make a weapon In-game what is the point of this entire application? "Oh yeah, I made a weapon that took me a week or so but nope. The weapon is OOC. How fun!"
HL2RP Characters:

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 04:49:00 AM »

Please read what I EXACTLY just wrote. Also I have no clue why it wouldn't work out. I have a unit a CWU and I have good roleplay. And if I would actually make a weapon In-game what is the point of this entire application? "Oh yeah, I made a weapon that took me a week or so but nope. The weapon is OOC. How fun!"

Its not always about the player's Roleplay, the application itself has to be legit, which this does not seem to be.

Also, it doesn't matter who you are, if you 'make' something ICly, Do not expect us to give you a corresponding item ingame for you to use. Period.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 07:09:42 AM »
Im -supporting this aswell. The parts of the backstory you are actually applying for are not detailed.

The part you are applying for is being able to make guns/ammo. What you wrote in the backstory is "his dad made guns and ammo, therefore he knows how to". There needs to be backstory on how he was taught, the process of learning and failure and eventual success.

There are also quite a few other parts of the applicatino where this is the case, such as
He does sit-ups, push-ups ETC...
or
John survives off of animals and water.

Considering that, i doubt you would ever be able to make a working gun or ammo, since you say off of scrap metal and plastic. You'd need a welder to keep the parts toghetter, oil to make them not jam everytime you touch it and probably schematics to make a pretty advanced MP7. And about the ammo, you'd need gunpowder, where do you get that from?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal