Author Topic: Ask Oldfeg First Class Burning Bullet something. Please?  (Read 7802 times)

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ask Oldfeg First Class Burning Bullet something. Please?
« on: August 03, 2012, 11:47:03 PM »
So, ye. Ask me anything. You probably don't remember me or my part in CG since 2010, but please, ask me something so I can feel wanted in life. :D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 08:01:20 PM by Burning Bullet- BF3 Anyone? »

Ever regret leaving CG?

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
If you were SeC, how different would the CCA be in comparison to how it is currently?
Live free or die

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ever regret leaving CG?

I can't say I'm glad I left in the first place or regret leaving, I have no opinion of it really. There's really nothing attractive here that I missed out on when I left.

If you were SeC, how different would the CCA be in comparison to how it is currently?

ZEALOT would be gone. I'd remove a lot of pointless or otherwise redundant training requirements. I think the CCA application requirements are downright stupid. I think the CCA's path of growth has far exceeded healthy limits and is now the number one reason why nobody really enjoys RPing as a citizen. Here's a rant of mine that everyone overlooked.

Ye' oldfeg BB's, plus support and a rant to boot.

Especially on bringing the focus away from the CCA.

I've run the CCA as the SeC twice in the past year. So, I know what I'm talking about when I say HL2RP has become much too CCA-focused. And, I've been resisting the urge to call some of you egotistical megalomaniacs who have your heads up your asses. I've long supported trying to get citizenRP up. I've been RPing as a citizen lately, and I feel I could accurately rename the class to Shit-izen. Everyone's end goal seems to be getting accepted into the CCA. Why? Because it's the only faction most of you care about expanding.

IF you'd just take a few seconds to see further than your noses, you'd realize that HL2 revolves around the humans. Most personal encounters with other characters as you play Gordon Freeman are toward the humans! They're the ones being oppressed, and it's through their reactions to the oppressive regime of the Combine that develop a fertile atmosphere for RP. In HL2, the Combine remain nameless, anonymous, and blend into the background as a force of nature rather than a prominent, highly organized, conspicuous establishment. We really need to go back to that.

For starters, I would like to see most people with a CCA unit to just make a citizen character and spend a lot of time on it. Trust me, you'll see the issues right away.

The over-the-top, downright OUTRAGEOUSLY HIGH application requirements for CCA need to be drastically lowered. To the people accepting them, you do realize that by making it more difficult, you are a)making the concept of getting accepted the center of attention and b)not actually weeding out the lower-quality players. By point B, I'm talking about the correlation between increasing application requirements and unit performance. Sure, in the beginning, raising requirements provided a greater good-unit turnout, but they're so exorbitantly high that the trend has plateaued. What's worse is the apathetic application-accepters who would rather deny you for having a sentence less than the stupid requirement than actually check for quality applicants, good knowledge of canon, etc.

Another thing. The CCA's been given too much room to expand. Back when it first began, we were rather small and undesirable to most players. This was the ideal time because most of the playerbase used their ingenuity to expand the citizenRP base. However, that began to change, and people began to expand the CCA in lieu of the Citizens. This growth progressed at an exponential rate until all effort went to the expansion of the CCA until it hits its limit. This expansion is like an invasive species; it crowds out the indigenous population and pushes that population toward extinction. The quality of CitizenRP, in this case, is the latter.

So, I ask you, Catalyst-Gaming. If you could, have some of your units take a few days off and go get a taste of what citizenRP is like now. Stop expanding on the CCA, giving yourselves new gear, building new machines, and creating new features that require ludicrous training regimens. Instead, think about what you could do to help your fellow RPer in your collective experiences as citizens.

That's how I feel about the CCA's crazy growth and the fucking retards who keep raising the application requirements.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 02:54:35 AM by Burning Bullet- BF3 Anyone? »

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I remember you being an OfC a long ass time ago, I left the CCA cause all it was, was 'LOL PENIS COCK UR A WEBEL'.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Do you want to return to SeC to make CCA better?

If yes why dont you?

How was it being a SeC during the best time of CG CCA?

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Do you want to return to SeC to make CCA better?

If yes why dont you?

How was it being a SeC during the best time of CG CCA?

No. The CCA's become ludicrously overgrown. School starts in three weeks and I've got about half of my workload on the college level (I'm only a junior in high school) so I'd fuck myself over if I tried going for SeC anyway.

Well, being SeC in the best months (May-August 2011) was actually a decent job. The CCA wasn't as huge as it is now, citizenRP was encouraged with a vibrant CWU, standards were different. What I mean by that is that virtually every requirement in the CCA had been quality over quanitity. You didn't need to write walls of text for a CCA application that 90 percent of the application reviewers would TL;DR because you somehow forgot a single line. You didn't need to be trained redundantly (whoever's been writing up training requirements seemed to have forgotten that trying to add lines and lines of redundant requirements using big nonsensical words doesn't make you look professional in the least) and training was pretty regular.

The Mysterious Stranger

What's it like to be the Sectorial Commander or otherwise, SeC?

Rebel or Civil Protection?

Do you think that other factions (official and unofficial) should be more targetted at than Combine Civil Authority?

Offline A Dark Tree

• WHITE
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
How would you go about ending the earth?

Do you believe in Global Warming?

Do you believe in Big Brother (IRL), if so do you believe he is always watching?

Favorite TV show?

If you could have a yacht, an airplane, or a helicopter which would you choose, and why?

Add me on steam, the name is Saaaaaaaaaaaan.

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What's it like to be the Sectorial Commander or otherwise, SeC?

Rebel or Civil Protection?

Do you think that other factions (official and unofficial) should be more targetted at than Combine Civil Authority?

SeC had its ups and its downs.

Neither. They both hurt RP in different ways.

Citizens need to be focused on. I'd give zero fucks about rebels, one fuck for the CCA, and ten fucks for Citizens.
How would you go about ending the earth?

Do you believe in Global Warming?

Do you believe in Big Brother (IRL), if so do you believe he is always watching?

Favorite TV show?

If you could have a yacht, an airplane, or a helicopter which would you choose, and why?

Take all the child molesters, felons, rapists and crooked politicians, strap them to a rocket massive enough to slice through the sun.

I do believe in global warming. It's a serious issue and the most likely way human civilization will end itself. Soon.

No.

CSI: Miami or Law and Order:SVU.

Definitely a helicopter for the versatility, too bad I could never figure out how to pilot the fucking thing.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 03:13:02 PM by Burning Bullet- BF3 Anyone? »

Offline Kryptic

• I have downsyndrome
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Are you a gangster IRL?

\r\n
[CG:SA] OzJackal has banned OzJackal for 12 hours (Gonna be very drunk, will probably do something dumb if I reconnect - its for my own good lol).

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Are you a gangster IRL?

What kind of gangster plays HL2RP?

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
Y u never Outlands? I miss Walter :(
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
Ever regret leaving CG?

I can't say I'm glad I left in the first place or regret leaving, I have no opinion of it really. There's really nothing attractive here that I missed out on when I left.

ZEALOT would be gone. I'd remove a lot of pointless or otherwise redundant training requirements. I think the CCA application requirements are downright stupid. I think the CCA's path of growth has far exceeded healthy limits and is now the number one reason why nobody really enjoys RPing as a citizen. Here's a rant of mine that everyone overlooked.

Ye' oldfeg BB's, plus support and a rant to boot.

Especially on bringing the focus away from the CCA.

I've run the CCA as the SeC twice in the past year. So, I know what I'm talking about when I say HL2RP has become much too CCA-focused. And, I've been resisting the urge to call some of you egotistical megalomaniacs who have your heads up your asses. I've long supported trying to get citizenRP up. I've been RPing as a citizen lately, and I feel I could accurately rename the class to Shit-izen. Everyone's end goal seems to be getting accepted into the CCA. Why? Because it's the only faction most of you care about expanding.

IF you'd just take a few seconds to see further than your noses, you'd realize that HL2 revolves around the humans. Most personal encounters with other characters as you play Gordon Freeman are toward the humans! They're the ones being oppressed, and it's through their reactions to the oppressive regime of the Combine that develop a fertile atmosphere for RP. In HL2, the Combine remain nameless, anonymous, and blend into the background as a force of nature rather than a prominent, highly organized, conspicuous establishment. We really need to go back to that.

For starters, I would like to see most people with a CCA unit to just make a citizen character and spend a lot of time on it. Trust me, you'll see the issues right away.

The over-the-top, downright OUTRAGEOUSLY HIGH application requirements for CCA need to be drastically lowered. To the people accepting them, you do realize that by making it more difficult, you are a)making the concept of getting accepted the center of attention and b)not actually weeding out the lower-quality players. By point B, I'm talking about the correlation between increasing application requirements and unit performance. Sure, in the beginning, raising requirements provided a greater good-unit turnout, but they're so exorbitantly high that the trend has plateaued. What's worse is the apathetic application-accepters who would rather deny you for having a sentence less than the stupid requirement than actually check for quality applicants, good knowledge of canon, etc.

Another thing. The CCA's been given too much room to expand. Back when it first began, we were rather small and undesirable to most players. This was the ideal time because most of the playerbase used their ingenuity to expand the citizenRP base. However, that began to change, and people began to expand the CCA in lieu of the Citizens. This growth progressed at an exponential rate until all effort went to the expansion of the CCA until it hits its limit. This expansion is like an invasive species; it crowds out the indigenous population and pushes that population toward extinction. The quality of CitizenRP, in this case, is the latter.

So, I ask you, Catalyst-Gaming. If you could, have some of your units take a few days off and go get a taste of what citizenRP is like now. Stop expanding on the CCA, giving yourselves new gear, building new machines, and creating new features that require ludicrous training regimens. Instead, think about what you could do to help your fellow RPer in your collective experiences as citizens.

That's how I feel about the CCA's crazy growth and the fucking retards who keep raising the application requirements.

I couldn't agree anymore with this. The Nexus alone takes up almost more space than the entire city and is STILL receiving additions to it last I heard. Who the hell is calling the shots on this? Citizen RP is at an all time low, everybody stands in front of the Nexus raking leaves trying to get loyalists points, the UCH is shit, and P2 was removed entirely. There is nothing the citizens even have. Even D6 is a piece of shit. The apartments there have obviously needed a touch-up for some time but instead we need to add more training rooms to the Nexus for situations that will never actually occur.  ::)

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Y u never Outlands? I miss Walter :(

Outlands used to be fun, until it took a pulse ball to the knee.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal