Author Topic: Jake Kingstone's Authorization Application  (Read 1454 times)

STALKER

Jake Kingstone's Authorization Application
« on: July 31, 2012, 06:14:43 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Vulture
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 4 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 4 to 3 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
 The revival of a dead character

Name: Jake Kingstone
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
 (Had to give it another try. Here we go!)

The glimpse of the horizone was soon falling. The darkness of the abyss soon crawled over everything like a snake straggling its victim across the neck area. Apparently, one man was soon out of luck. Being dragged into a dug up hole and givin' some ground to cover his deceased corpse, it was soon the end for one such individual... but was it? A note was left behind by one stranger who knew the man. Intentionally, the dog by his side sniffed the grave and noticed that it was someone that he knew. The man rummaged through his backpack and took out a paper, only to write some words down with a pen. He grabbed a nearby piece of square wood and tagged the paper to it, then throwing it on the front of the grave. The dog barked as it echoed through the Outlands and all throughout like the desert mountains. While the watch kept to the deceased mans wrist, it was started to tick each time. If one can listen, the ticking sounded like a faint bomb dug in the ground. Tick... tock... tick... it wasn't until long until some group noticed this.

A group of Resistance came by with some agression swept across their dirty, non-cleansed face. Apparently, it was a sign of a fight due to the fresh blood stained on their suits and weapons wielded with tension and some grip. "It's a grave. I never saw it before and... uhhhhh... what's this note?" "I don't know what it is but read it to me." The man kneeled down and grasped ahold of the board with the paper tagged to it. He slowly read through the sentences. "The mans name is Jake Kingstone. He was a man spotted in the Outlands who created things for others. A engineer of expertise but the death came for him. It wasn't until long until a Vortigaunt revived him." The woman snickered and kept her MP7A1 close to her chest. "Just another hoax... or myth or something. Let's just keep moving..." Silence filled the air afterwards. A ticking was heard underground. "What is that sound?" "Sounds like a bomb or something." The woman replied as he kicked her boot across the grave, only to reveal a hand coming out from it. "Holy shit!" She screamed and fell onto her back, dropping her Combine MP7A1. "Hey, it ain't halloween. This is just a hand... and look, there is some blood on the dirt you just kicked. It's fresh... and people don't bleed out when they are dead so they were alive." The hand was stuck out of the grave with a watch attached to the wrist. The ticking was louder when it wasn't underground. The man whistled and waved his hand behind him, signalling for someone to come but who?

A green-skinned creature with a large red eye with three other eyes approached the grave with his claws kept infront of him. "It disappoints me to see such a fellow human to die and suffocate to such vein. The kin must be radio'd in quickly or else his time will come." "He's already dead but some eletricity will do. I remember that time when I revived a deceased person with a defibilla--" "Shut your mouth. Anyways, can you call your kin to us." The Vortigaunt shaked his head abit before nodding. "Yes, this one will interact with his kin for a priority to perform a revival ritual upon the lost creature." The Vortigaunt turned around and took some steps away from the group, only to raise his head in the air and call out. "Te' kel! Al' knee-aaaahhhh!"

Silence filled the air. The two Resistance members looked at eachother before shifting their eyes amongst the magnificent call of the Vortessence. A screech came from the air once more. "Kel' na, bu' eeeel!" The Vortigaunt nodded towards the air before returning to his position. "The communication with his kin has been accepted magnificently. Daringly we must wait until the kin approach our area of limited safety." As the Resistance members whispered to eachother while the Vortigaunt was facing the trail, a group of suspicious Vortigaunts with red eyes came down the road once more. It was already dawn and their eyes glowed like fireflies. "Ah, I meet up with the kin! Our goal is to promise a deserving ritual based upon the closed live." "Yes indeed. We must go to a safe area at a catious state or else... our time will come for us two." The two members were already dragging the dead body from the dug up hole. "Good thing you did the work ma'am." The man snickered. "Shut the hell up you and let's get this body somewhere safe. This "ritual" is probably not going to work." She said with agression.

The dead man slid amongst the solid, metallic table. His gear was still attached to his clothing but were losing their condition they had before. "Alright, let's just stay on guard. You, over there." The man nodded and went over to the position as he was commanded. The Vortigaunt came in the middle with a hive core comprimised across his hands with safety. It was secure at last after many lives were lost reaching for it. The Vortigaunts slowly hummed and extended their claws, only to spew some green thunder at a slow pace into the body of the man. "So, who is this Jake Kingstone?" "Sound like some idiot from Ineu Pass." "His name sounds handsome, don't you think?" "You always think everyone is handsome. Give me a break for once in a lifetime." "Alright, John, jeez." After some conversation between the rebels and the humming of the Vortigaunts continously going through the environment. The man began to choke and fell to the ground on his four. He put his hand across his belly and spat out some blood. All of his wounds were only to be sealed with scars. He opened his eyes and found out that his eyes were glowing a visible yellow.

"Ugh... w-what... happ-happened to me!" "This one does not deserve our excessive attention. We must move now." Jake Kingstone didn't bother springing to his feet and looked to the side to notice the group walk away. He heard one say that it "was a waste of a hive core." He agree'd, looking down at the grass. He put his hand over his face and wiped some dirt off, which was kempt and attached to his face due to the grave. Standing up straight with some knots in his bones visibly cracking in the air, he walked down the trail. Some of the ground dirt fell down onto the ground below him. "What the hell happened to me?" He looked down to his watch and seen two yellow dots. Those two yellow dots were his glowing eyes. He felt like a zombie, often moaning and walking with a odd stumble. It appeared that he had to get use to it. The walking in the night felt... calm and passive but it did give him some frightened experiences. He noticed a dead body on the ground which was a Combine unit along with a nearby attack chopper broken in small, blue parts. The rotor in the back was large but it was cut in half, some of the windshield was cracked but not enough. The top of the helicopter was also missing and most of the parts were everywhere. It was probably a incident regarding maintenance or a missile hit the Combine chopper. Continuing down the trail, he noticed the edge of a mountain. Looking down to spot Ineu Pass, he remembered...

"Time to start... all over again. Fuck."

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
+Yellow eyes for increased perception
+Items used to regain his lost memories.

Defects
-Significantly decreased past memories
-Low strength and mobility (which can be regained by the swinging/kicking and sprinting)
-Visible yellow eyes will give off his position, especially at night time.
-Mental and physical state has been lowered (although can be regained... slowly if the player progresses)

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
 Just to use them on my character and let other players feel the need to base their opinions on how the character changed before and after in-game.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
 N/A

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
// Tried again once more!

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jake Kingstone's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 08:05:51 AM »
Perks
+Items used to regain his lost memories

This doesn't even make sense, why would having yellow eyes increase perception - how would it, how did he "get" yellow eyes? "Items used to regain his lost memories"? huh :(

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 06:21:51 PM »
Perks
+Items used to regain his lost memories

This doesn't even make sense, why would having yellow eyes increase perception - how would it, how did he "get" yellow eyes? "Items used to regain his lost memories"? huh :(

just thought of it lol

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 10:05:16 PM »
This has been here for a while, and I'm just going to have to say 'no'.

Hearing a watch, buried with a guy? No
Rebels digging up said grave for random dead guy? No
Vort 'revivals' just don't seem like they're done all that often, and especially not for random dead humans, and since special ingrediants are needed.. No

I won't outright deny this, I'll wait for another admin's comment/decision first.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 11:05:37 PM »
Following on what Kom'rk said, there's a separate appeal system for this and to my knowledge you were already denied.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal