Author Topic: Let's revive the Outlands (A call to the community)  (Read 12931 times)

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Let's revive the Outlands (A call to the community)
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2012, 02:27:02 AM »
Good job with the revivals, they are doing well. Keep that up M8's :)
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2012, 02:33:43 AM »
What is stopping people from playing on outlands?

I don't find RapeRP fun. Back when Outlands was Canals, shit actually happened. Me and my friends would get chased down by OTA, have helicopters tailing us back to our warehouse. Shit was great. Now you sit in a bar waiting for the next person to attempt to rape you. I'm all for PassiveRP, but in my opinion, it's just too much.
I genuinely never have seen this before, but I know Beans and his gang have probably done a number. Anyways I've never been close to that situation and I haven't seen anything like it. I just don't get it. I'm not saying Canals wasn't better, in fact, I wish I was around to have seen it.

TBH, while I do love ineu pass for it's lovely scenery and detail, the RP quality on canals was indeed much better. I don't know about all this rapeRP stuff but the RP in the current outlands is indeed lacking compared to the old days. But then again, just the ramblings of an oldfag.  :-\

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2012, 07:36:43 AM »
Well i never wanted to say this but i think i should, was that yes i liked canals a lot better, and if i could change a map on outlands it would be canals. It seems easier for me to get around and make my rp spot and rp with other people around me. The new map is quite big with a lot of places... But for some reason i feel crumbled in the map even if it's a big map. As if i am forced to rp with people and forced to not make my own rp. My doc character had a hard time finding a place to make an rp spot in and he eventually found one, but if i compared it back to when me and The Joke (Zak Grant) had our best moments, it was the balcony on the canals map.

You don't have to change it, but if i could change it yes it would be canals.

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2012, 08:34:18 AM »
Even though I've never played Canals, I'd  have no problem with it. What was the map like?

It's not the map I'm in love with (although it's very, very cool). It's the creative freedom when making characters. I'm really interested to hear what the Canals were like.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:42:50 AM by Atticat »

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2012, 08:42:52 AM »
Even though I've never played canals, I'd  have no problem with it. What was the map like?

Open... boring... not enough statua.... too many building with no purpose....
(IMO)

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline ReDrUm?´´?´°

• RedFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2012, 09:26:16 AM »
Even though I've never played Canals, I'd  have no problem with it. What was the map like?

It's not the map I'm in love with (although it's very, very cool). It's the creative freedom when making characters. I'm really interested to hear what the Canals were like.

It's not the map that I liked better about Canals. It was the quality of RP. I like ineu better as a map, as Canals was too linear, but the RP was overall more fun back then.

C45.CCA.S4-OfC.280 | HEALTHY | Head of Section 4 Support
Rokus Relici | UNKNOWN | Standard P3 Criminal Scum
Kaylin Jacobs | HEALTHY | Accepted into the CWU

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2012, 09:49:37 AM »

It's not the map that I liked better about Canals. It was the quality of RP. I like ineu better as a map, as Canals was too linear, but the RP was overall more fun back then.
You summed up what i was saying basically.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2012, 12:00:32 PM »
Though then again all the good RPers were around back in canals too so that could be part of the reason. Skeptik, TBI, blt, other people who left that I can't remember. Not to say that the people of today's Outlands are bad RPers but most of them are lacking. Not to mention that it seems like WAAAAAAAAAAY too many people in ineu have guns for some fucking reason which really irks me.

Back in canals guns were rare if not impossible to find and ammo? Forget about it. Now it's like everyone has them. Plus there were actual stable groups in canals like the Clinic and this other one that I think was lead by Leonard Wong, but I can't remember the name. There we also a lot less people with super warrior ninja characters, little 15 year old chars, insane cannibals and ex-space soldiers that I have seen countless times in canals as well. Just normal city escapees trying to survive. 

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2012, 04:18:06 PM »
Though then again all the good RPers were around back in canals too so that could be part of the reason. Skeptik, TBI, blt, other people who left that I can't remember. Not to say that the people of today's Outlands are bad RPers but most of them are lacking. Not to mention that it seems like WAAAAAAAAAAY too many people in ineu have guns for some fucking reason which really irks me.

Back in canals guns were rare if not impossible to find and ammo? Forget about it. Now it's like everyone has them. Plus there were actual stable groups in canals like the Clinic and this other one that I think was lead by Leonard Wong, but I can't remember the name. There we also a lot less people with super warrior ninja characters, little 15 year old chars, insane cannibals and ex-space soldiers that I have seen countless times in canals as well. Just normal city escapees trying to survive.
People had guns on canals just as much as they do now. There are some good rpers here in Inue that have been in canals too but some new and fresh. Guns were not rare to find in canals infact it was so easy to find a gun there my inventory had to be emptied out and a total of 3 shotguns and 1 smg with ammo. The Alliance was held my Leonard Wong and there are some groups in outlands today but i lost track. Either way Leonard died icly but Alliance before he died had to be split due to nobody being on. 14 year old characters, cannibals, whats wrong with that? It makes good rp and since there are no OTA on we decide to make our own rp. I have a doctor character and he's been in outlands since it came out with canals all the way to now.

In conclusion, i don't think you are getting the point...

Offline Sheogorath

• Daedric Prince of Cool
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2012, 03:05:56 AM »
I have two characters on outlands, Celarus Atraeum and Alexandra Sheppard
I play whenever there is more than 0 people on. I like the RP better and city is just boring as hell. What I like about outlands is the survival trait how you have to find food, water, and shelter. Plus I like the fact that you always have to look out(especially as a girl) for people with guns who mug, steal, etc.
\r\nLucas - Future Emperor of world, Current king of cool, defies laws of physics. Just that awesome.

Offline Tapir!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2012, 07:10:19 AM »
I still liked Outlands better back when it was Canals. It has nothing to do with the map itself, but the Roleplay was generally more interesting then. Last time I made an Outlands character, I was raped three times in one day. I understand that in order to get to the good roleplaying in Outlands, you have to find a group of people to RP with, but I can't seem to make it ten steps without someone attempting to A. Mug me B. Rape me or C. Kill me.

lol this wasn't my experience at all. I went to the outlands, ran into an old friend, bought a flashlight off him, explored some places, and ended up finding the fucking resistance hideout. you know, the guys with the cool uniforms and sniper rifles who behave kinda like the CCA. Those ones.

After they told me to get lost, i followed their doctor to his hideout. then we tried to hop a cliff into water, but i flunked :(

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2012, 12:29:58 PM »
Server is starting to die out again.

Offline Toxilium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2012, 08:22:29 PM »
Server is starting to die out again.

It was never really growing again in the first place. The Castle brought about a dozen and a half people to the Outlands, but you have to keep in mind that this was during an event. As we return to normally scheduled programming, the number of people will begin to even itself out again. There is more activity than before though.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2012, 10:31:24 AM »
Someone told me that too many people have guns, people tell me because they don't have a gun they don't play. I looked at outlands and the people that do play seem to be working they're way up with joining a resistance group or because they found a gun.

And to be honest, i look at the farther side of rp and how people say you don't need guns to rp and i am not really sure on it. If i was stuck in outlands in real life, fuck yes i would love to have a gun or be in a resistance group. But the real question is how can we fix this?

In other words how can we get people more attracted to outlands?

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2012, 10:51:13 AM »
I hate to say it, but I do think we need some form of guns. I think an admin should come on once a week at an unspecified time as a gun trader that stays on for maybe two hours and wanders. Something like that...

Still, I think one of the biggest things that would help is if we had dedicated admins to Outlands. Doesn't mean they can't play City server, but ones who were primarily charged with playing the Outlands even when only a  couple of people are on.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal