Author Topic: [DENIED] Jasper Valentine's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1300 times)

Offline .technoSprint

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[DENIED] Jasper Valentine's Civil Authority Application
« on: July 24, 2012, 12:35:22 AM »
Jasper Valentine's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: .technoSprint

IC Character Name: Jasper Valentine

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
     Jasper has always mainly laid low at the beginning of his stay in City 45, although he was more loyal to the Union then the more rebellious groups. He slowly, over time, without breaking laws, gradually earned loyalty points from doing simple tasks like cleaning signs, picking up trash, etc. He earned his loyalist armband recently and has been sporting it quite often, eager to show his loyalty to the Union. Jasper always tried to avoid confrontation with the rebellious sorts, and managed to do so successfully multiple times. As Jasper grew in the city, so did his admiration of the Combine Civil Authority, and he soon became a full on loyalist to the Universal Union.
     As a citizen, Jasper always admired the higher-ranked members of society in City 45, whether it being Civil Workers Union members, Combine Civil Authority officers, or any other person who was more qualified than himself. He noticed the luxurious treatment the Workers Union got from everyone - the citizens, other workers, and even, surprisingly, the units of the CCA. Jasper was very envious of this treatment as he was constantly being kicked around in the dirt, harassed, and more. Even though he had only been detained once, and beaten a few times, Jasper figured his life was rough, and wanted it to get better. He brainstormed many ways of doing this, the main joining the predators of City 45, and, himself, becoming a predator - no longer having the worth of dust or an empty can.
     Before the war, Jasper was /greatly/ interested in sciences; the main sciences he was interested in were biology, anatomy and neurosciences. Jasper followed his hopes and became an open heart surgeon at a local hospital, saving more than a few lives. He was completely happy with his career as it was one he had always wished to pursue. He went through a huge state of depression after the seven hour war as he was no longer allowed to practice and hone his skills. Jasper eventually, though, got over it, and readjusted to his new life of oppression by the combine.
     Although Jasper accepted his fate, he still attempted to find ways to hone is practices - sometimes opening a medical clinic, sometimes giving people advice, and sometimes simply providing a home for the sick and ill. Although, this did not fuel Jasper's thirst for learning more about medical sciences, and he soon realized that. Jasper sat in his room, one fine evening, concocting a plan of sorts that would allow him to bring his career back...thinking carefully, he realized the only way that he would be able to use his skill efficiently would be to join the Union. Jasper knew of the medical branch, and, combining this idea with that of a better life, as previously stated, Jasper's idea of joining the Union was surefire, and his mind was set.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
+ Quiet
+ Patient
+ Intelligent
+ Professional
- Nervous

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
     As I have had experience role-playing as a combine character, I know almost exactly what it will be like, although I do expect some minor changes to occur, and I already am aware of some. I know that role-playing a CCA character is a completely different experience. I can expect it to be. I am also aware that it is a great way to develop my character. My character development has been very in-depth so far, and adding this chapter to it will be a completely new experience - almost a completely different style of RPing.
     I expect my character to be slightly surprised at what he finds in the CCA; Jasper is expecting some of the roughness, and knows some things about the combine...little does he know, though, that he has just hit the tip of the iceberg. I expect Jasper to change completely, and become more dark...cold, almost. His disposition may already be cold, but nothing compared to what he doesn't know he will experience. He is in for a thrill ride, as he can't really prepare himself for what the UU has to offer, and although he can tough through it, he will come out of the experience a whole knew man. As he climbs the ranks, he will become colder, and slowly - gradually - less human. Jasper will not want this change, to happen, of course, but it will be happening so gradually that Jasper does not realize it is taking place, and, unfortunately, grasps him eventually completely.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
     Jasper was born on June 6, 1985, to his mother, Aelid Valentine, and his father, Ryan Valentine. The birth was successful and there were null complications. He was raised in a large house inside of the town called Everett, WA, near Seattle, WA. He was raised very properly and attended preschool.
     After Jasper attended preschool, he went to a local elementary school to attend Kindergarten. It was here where Jasper's abilities as a marvelous student began, and his intelligence was spawned. He passed through elementary school, easily, although still in core classed. Jasper was excited to move on to middle school, where, eventually, his parents would get divorced. Jasper moved in with him mom at the beginning of the seventh grade, and, strangely, away from his dad, Jasper's academics shot up. At the end of seventh grade, Jasper took the placement tests to join the advanced placement classes, and passed nearly all of them. Although his eighth grade year was challenging due to the rough classes, he passed successfully, and his effort in middle school paid off.
     Jasper excelled extremely quickly in high school. While other students may have been out with friends or experimenting with drugs, Jasper was studying hard for his tests and classes. He ended up passing freshman year with his only friends being his straight A's. Because of this, Jasper was placed in full honors and AP classes in his sophomore year of high school. This put a very heavy load on him, creating an even thicker barrier between himself and social belonging. He didn't seem to care, though, as he was set on his idea to be a surgeon. He, once again, passed his sophomore year with flying colors, and was rewarded by skipping the eleventh grade. Jasper had barely any classes his senior year, so he elected a numerous amount of sciences, and graduated after his first semester at age seventeen.
     Immediately after he graduated, he began searching for universities. Jasper was smart enough to know how good his grades were and how much influence in the decision he had of which university to attend. Eventually, in the summer, he enrolled in Western Washington University, where he would study biology, anatomy and multiple other sciences for eight whopping years and get his doctorate's degree. After he graduated from his university, he quickly acquired a job identifying the cause of death of certain cadavers, basically working autopsies. Although this was not the career he wanted, Jasper accepted it as it was somewhat what he wanted to do. Though, this job did not hold long due to the rough economy, and he was fired shortly after...but then rehired at his dream career as an open heart surgeon at a hospital in Seattle, WA.
     Jasper held the job and lived a happy life without kids or a significant other for over a year. He kept close with his family and had his dream job, and an other worldly pay. When the seven hour war began, Jasper was directly in the middle of an open heart surgery for an obese patient experiencing multiple heart attacks and chronic heart pain. The last thing to this day that Jasper can remember is the image imprinted into his mind of making the first incision at the top of the patient's chest.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No, I have not.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Around six years. I started in 2006 or 2007 on a DarkRP server, and continued to Dark RP before my steam account was phished in 2008 or 2009 (lol.)

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
About four to five years...my first serious RP server being kuromeku's republic.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
A couple of weeks.

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT -8

5. In what country do you live?
United States of America.

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
     My most memorable role-play experience would probably have to be interrogating one of the head resistance members as a JURY 04 on one of kuro's servers. I had some experience interrogating suspects, but nothing this big. I felt privileged to interrogate the suspect as there was a JURY OfC and the HELIX DvL that allowed me to take over by myself.
     Since everyone in the situation was a fine role-player, it made for some fantastic role-play. Interrogation RP has to be my favorite type, hence why I wanted a JURY-like squad on the server...but aside from that fact, I had a lot of fun doing what I was doing. The whole RP situation took about an hour, and it was jammed with excitement, excellent role-play and fun.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Jasper Valentine
CID: 61058
Height: 6 feet 1 inch
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Grey/Light blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 151.6 lbs
Mental Distinctions: None.
Mental Defects: Minor nervousness and anxiety.
Mental Advantages: Intelligency, patience, proffesionalism.
Notable Qualities: Ability to learn quickly along with medical knowledges.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
     Yes, unfortunately. I was detained once for selling contraband...namely a few bandages. I never actually sold any, though. I was selling them because I was brand new to the city and I had no idea it was contraband...I learned my lesson, and since then, I have ran a successful business multiple times, completely legally.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, I enjoy the rations the Combine Civil Authority provides me with to my fullest extent.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes, of course.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
     I want to join Combine Civil Authority because I feel like I could be an asset to the force. I have medical skills that some other units may lack - but that's just the start of it. Many times I have witnessed uncivil behavior, many times I have been unable to act...I want to be an enforcer of civility and the Union. I feel that joining the Civil Authority force would me improve my traits thoroughly and help improve the combine's grip on society. I no longer want to be the pray - I want to be the predator...I have show my loyalty throughout my time at City 45, and I think my time has come to utilize it and become a part of the strongest force known to man. 
     In short, though, I want to serve the Union to my full potential, as there is no higher honor than to do so.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Jasper Valentine hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 12:38:42 PM by RTLK »

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jasper Valentine's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 05:36:37 AM »
Out of Character for OOC:
Why do you have both a CCA and CWU application open? What happens if you get accepted for an interview on both?

Please choose only one for now.

Offline .technoSprint

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jasper Valentine's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 03:48:23 PM »
// Yeah, I was meant to have that fixed before, I guess I'll choose my CCA application.
EDIT: Locked. I'll probably apply for CWU on a different loyalist character.
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=17516.msg126386#new
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:08:32 AM by .technoSprint »

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jasper Valentine's Civil Authority Application's Verdict
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 12:38:40 PM »
UNIT: 479
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: DvL
Enter Password: ************
ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Jasper Valentine
Citizen Identification Number: 61058

Acceptance status:
<::|| DENIED ||::>

Reason:
<::|| Applicant is registered on forums for 3 days only (2 weeks required). Applicant fails to provide information in backstory following the Seven Hour War. Backstory only leads up to the war itself and not during or after. ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.UNIFORM-DvL.479
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal