Author Topic: black screen on startup  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
black screen on startup
« on: July 19, 2012, 06:30:32 PM »
when I start windows 7 I get past the loading sequence and I get to my desk top but I get a black screen that says 7 up personalized settings for 0RVO4U5Ll0. I have waited 30 minutes and still nothing has gotten rid of the black box and the window. I rebooted and reset my bios and still nothing. any advice? 

Post Auto-Merged: July 19, 2012, 10:29:34 PM
got it fixd ok?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:29:34 PM by Rory Phelps »

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: black screen on startup
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 09:41:18 AM »
when I start windows 7 I get past the loading sequence and I get to my desk top but I get a black screen that says 7 up personalized settings for 0RVO4U5Ll0. I have waited 30 minutes and still nothing has gotten rid of the black box and the window. I rebooted and reset my bios and still nothing. any advice? 

Post Auto-Merged: July 19, 2012, 10:29:34 PM
got it fixd ok?

Maybe a picture of your screen displaying the message would come handy.
1) Try launching Windows in safe mode. This can by achieved by raping F8 while the computer is starting (before the loading screen of Windows).
2) If that doesn't help, try booting Windows from CD/DVD.
3) If none of steps above have worked, get a Linux (Ubuntu probably) boot CD/DVD from a friend, and put it into your computer. It will load Linux from the CD so you will be able to access your data. Backup as much data as you can, then I would recommend reinstalling Windows. That will format the HDD, so be aware, maybe try waiting for other posts and try asking some experts as well.

he got if fixd k?

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: black screen on startup
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 11:36:42 AM »
Fixed? Locked I suppose.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal