Author Topic: School grades  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Kryptic

• I have downsyndrome
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
School grades
« on: July 19, 2012, 01:51:57 PM »
Can anyone give me some advice? im getting grades C and D for pretty much all subjects I take apart from ICT which is a B, I do revision for the exams but i keep getting shit grades, can anyone help out? :(
\r\n
[CG:SA] OzJackal has banned OzJackal for 12 hours (Gonna be very drunk, will probably do something dumb if I reconnect - its for my own good lol).

Offline rainbow dash

• the unlawful barbaric scumbag
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: School grades
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 04:23:53 PM »
I'd just say focus more on work and making sure you stand out for good grades. Keep trying and attempt to make effort, and make sure you don't get distracted from anything. That is my opinion though, trying to be honest with you here. :P

Offline Kryptic

• I have downsyndrome
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 04:33:56 PM »
I'd just say focus more on work and making sure you stand out for good grades. Keep trying and attempt to make effort, and make sure you don't get distracted from anything. That is my opinion though, trying to be honest with you here. :P

Thanks for the advice man, I need all the help I can get.
\r\n
[CG:SA] OzJackal has banned OzJackal for 12 hours (Gonna be very drunk, will probably do something dumb if I reconnect - its for my own good lol).

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 07:05:00 PM »
You get out of life that which you put into it. As in, do your fucking hardest or screw up. Even if you screw up after trying your hardest, at least you know there is nothing more you could do. So just do your best, do your work when you get it and put your work before your social life/games/whatever else because in the long run it's more important. That's not to say you can't do the things you want, just make sure you've done everything you need before.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline rainbow dash

• the unlawful barbaric scumbag
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 12:39:05 AM »

Thanks for the advice man, I need all the help I can get.
Whenever, I am a man of helpfulness. :P

Offline Bubbajoe

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 03:41:05 AM »
Study more... Or take some aderall... Aderall is the shit

I slacked off so dam hard in higschool. Had about a c average...
Craphead announces ocrp 2... Rofl orders more hotwings

Offline Ilovgmod

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 04:32:45 AM »
Well my advice to you is school first, games second. To help with studying, make some flash cards to help you remember the answers for the upcoming exam/test. Have a friend present these flash cards. Write down notes during lessons to help you remember, you'll say to yourself that you will remember it (you wont.)

Hopefully any of what I said helped you in any way.

Offline Nifae

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 11:02:06 AM »
A large part of maintaining good grades, as well as study habits and the like, has to do with your mentality regarding school. You've got to at least attempt to enjoy studying and such, or rather, to put up with it without complaint. I've got a fairly high grade-point average, and I definitely don't enjoy much of what I have to do, but I just tell myself it'll be worth it in the coming years when I'll hopefully be offered scholarships and the like.

As others have suggested, if it's a subject like Spanish, you should make a sheet containing your vocab words on one side, and the definition on the other. Our teacher made these for us, but if yours doesn't, it's always an excellent idea and you can study off of it easily by simply folding it in half. An example of what I mean: perro - dog.

If you're having trouble with a homework assignment, you could always try confiding in some friends, real-life or online, for help. I've got a friend on Steam that's from Spain, quite possibly one of my best friends too, and he helped me out a lot. We had Spanish conversations and he taught me how to improve after each one. In some cases, the comforting affection a friend can provide will aid in learning far easier than a teacher's sort of regulated demeanor.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:04:32 AM by Nifae »

Offline Snakelure

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 10:40:38 PM »
Yeah i agree with what Nifae said. Really if there is anything you can do to allow studying to getting to learn something new alittle funner or more enjoyable. And i know that sounds really first grade or something. But it really helps the process along a lot better. Plus if you enjoy doing that your going to have way better quality in what you do. And it will really help you in the long term.

I'm not some old guy that has some unknown wisdom, but id like to help as much as i can.

Best of luck,
Snakelure
Characters in City 45

John Damon:Dead

Josh Everlee:Alive

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal