Author Topic: C45.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.822's Authorization Application  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Nickofett???

• hai, i'm nickofett.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
C45.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.822's Authorization Application
« on: July 16, 2012, 10:46:29 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Nickofett
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): About two years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: About two years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
AI- In my helmet I have a voice which is my AI that I have created. (Talks to me, and tells me info)

Name: C45.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.822
Affiliation: CCA

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.

822 was accepted into the CCA two weeks ago, and ever since he was interested in Union tech. He saw GRID units fixing all sorts of machines ranging from computers, APCs, and even war machines that thought for themselves. What interested 822 the most was War Machines they're AI core was far more advanced than any other machine he had seen. He wanted to do something with AI. He was soon put into class learning the ways of the CCA. He would always find time between classes to learn about AI and machines. During the Union Tech orientation he learned the final step to build an AI. After the class was done he started to ask around about broken Union tech he could have. Most of the GRID units had some junk that he could have but none of them had what he really need a console core. He started to look around the Nexus looking in tiny place that have not been viewed for a while. 822 was surprised to find out that most of the Nexus had trash laying in little nooks and cracks. But one day on his search he found something he found a small Data pad core. He ran as fast as he could to the break room with all of the spare parts. He started to put a device together in the shape of a square with a port that fit into the console. It was one week before he completed his device; the device still had no AI in it but would soon.

He got up for his chair in the break room, than moving over to the console. He looked all over the console for a plug. After 10 minutes of searching the ports on the console he found the one. With hope that it will work he attempted to plug it in. To his surprise he heard a snap than he let go of the device thinking it was in. It fell to the floor with a shatter the input of the device had broken off making it impossible to use. He looked down to see what had happened; he didn't find the device on the port where he left it, but found it way down on the ground with a few parts scattered around. 822 stared at the broken device for 2 minutes in shock not believing what had just happened. He worked half his days on it. Looking down in horror he crouched down to scrap the remains up. He walked back to his seat placing his spare parts on the table as well as the device.

He started to work on the device once again. This time he looked at all of the details. 822 started by taking the main plate off of the device to check if the core was still operational. He noticed nothing that would hint that it was broken. Carrying on he removed the rest of the plates to completely expose the inner core. He took out anything that was not needed such as the extra lining which served no purpose. In fact it caused more heat to be added to the core which would kill the AI. Now with the core completely exposed and everything that wasn't needed gone he could get to the real problem. He rummaged around in his pile of spare parts he found six plates, 23 nails, and 15 device inputs. He was pleased to know he had more than enough parts to use.

822 started to add the device inputs at the bottom of the device. He placed four inputs each of them in a perfect line. Next he used the extra lining from the core to strengthen the device inputs so it wouldn't fall apart; than he started to add the plates. He added the first plate with precision making sure the holes in the plate were lined with the nail holes. He did this process over and over again until he had a perfect square with a few inputs hanging out of the bottom. He got up from his seat heading over to the console with hope. He slipped the plugs into the ports. He heard a click than he let go. The device did not fall instead it brought up a coding program on the screen. He typed numbers that most would not understand.

After a few days of coding it was done. 822 took off his helmet when it was done. Next he started to modify his helmet redirecting wires to the speakers. He added a few new wires to the ear components. Next on the right side of his helmet he added a few intentions to fit the input devices on the AI core. He then redirected the device slot to his suit's battery. Next to ensure safety he added hinges on his helmet to make it flip to the right, but still detachable. He finally finished his helmet modification. He walked over the console taking the newly generated AI out than put it in his helmet, closing it. He then said "

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
More info when 822 needs it.- The AI is able to relay information to 822 when he asks.

Engorgement.- The AI can encourage 822 as he does his job.

Defects
Put downs.- The AI can also put 822 down in the dumps with insults when 822 doesn't want to do something.

Less running speed.- The AI will take up more power thus lowering my ability to run fast.

Battery power usage will be higher.- The AI will need power to stay alive which means my breaks will be more consistent.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan on asking my AI information that I might have forgotten such as Protocols, radio codes, and detainment paper format. Most important I will ask the AI for information about BOLs and other citizens. The defects all leads to more breaks. Put downs will make 822 want to take more breaks because the AI makes him feel like the most lowermost unit on the force. Then he will need to charge more.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
Okay, I'm going to tell you that I'm NOT going to META in anyway with the AI. Basically the AI acts like GLaDos from the Portal series.Also if I don't get the AI I will completely understand and be cooperative. PS: I'm sorry about lack of detail in the beginning.  
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYewS88KGDU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYewS88KGDU</a>
This is Nickofett.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: C45.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.822's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 01:27:10 AM »
You do not need an Auth thread for this, You'll need to ask permission of High Command, specifically GRID, or a CmD+, if you want something like this, or anything concerning your unit for that matter. I'll leave this unlocked in case you have something so say, if not, It'll be locked in a day or so.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 12:12:35 PM »
You do not need an Auth thread for this, You'll need to ask permission of High Command, specifically GRID, or a CmD+, if you want something like this, or anything concerning your unit for that matter. I'll leave this unlocked in case you have something so say, if not, It'll be locked in a day or so.

As Kom'rk said, this would more likely be and in character item, you ask for.
I doubt you need an authorization for it, yet you would need to ask a GRID unit, IC for the AI to be installed in your facemask.
The authorization of the specific rank, I have no idea, so I would leave it to others.

Offline Nickofett???

• hai, i'm nickofett.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 03:43:43 PM »
Okay thanks for telling me all this  :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:08:38 PM by Kom??Як »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYewS88KGDU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYewS88KGDU</a>
This is Nickofett.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal