Author Topic: [7/15/12] Forum Update  (Read 3797 times)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[7/15/12] Forum Update
« on: July 15, 2012, 11:14:41 PM »

Just finished a few things for the forums.

• Tapatalk is enabled for mobile/Chrome users.  Allows notifications of stuff like PM's and a better mobile browsing experience.
  • Added in a post merging system. Any double post will automatically merge into the post before it.
  • (A few days ago) I implemented a new system.  Forum profiles now show the ban status of each server, and if banned will show the reason, time left, and banner (banner only on non-hl2rp servers)

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [7/15/12] Forum Update
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 11:18:39 PM »
ty karma ily for this entire update, everything in it is just good and has been needed for forever

Offline Ninja??d

• Boston Celtics are awesome
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 11:20:49 PM »
Thanks for the update, now I can browse the forum on a mobile device without being glitched back to the top of the page randomly

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 12:49:08 AM »
Thanks RTLK.  Glad you actually made a post.  To be honest, I missed you.  ;-;

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 12:58:41 AM »
Thanks RTLK.  Glad you actually made a post.  To be honest, I missed you.  ;-;
click

So RTLK, you fixed double post to prevent useless post whoring but the only problem remains is the annoying post limit for applications.
If you can fix that some how... :/

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 08:12:20 AM »
Honestly, i must say, sometimes double posts are needed, or very useful. I think its a stupid idea to make them auto merge. I would really suggest removing that. Let the admins take care of double posts like they are supposed to.

Anything else, i love it <3
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 09:20:46 AM »
That double post system actually seems pretty damn cool. Well done and thanks. :P

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 09:30:06 AM »
Even though the automerge is good, i agree that it isnt needed because sometimes doubleposts are useful ( think OP and then a reserved post etc).

I really like the ban system though. Thats awesome

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 09:33:59 AM »
For the tapatalk: YES! YES!

For the double post: WHYYY??? I use that to add posts to logs, put updates on developer threads, and add placehOlders on really big guides.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 11:46:19 AM »
I would suggest a checkbox when posting which is by default enabled for automerging a double post, which you can also uncheck to do as people above mentioned, to be able to do say an original post then slap a reserve post underneath for certain threads or for character logs for HL2RP.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 12:54:19 PM »
The problem is that they do not take care of it.

I modified the system, admins do not have their posts merge, and merging will not happen after 1 day if no reply has been done.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 05:14:27 PM »
The problem is that they do not take care of it.

I modified the system, admins do not have their posts merge, and merging will not happen after 1 day if no reply has been done.

Yes! That second part is that one fix I was looking for.

While reading this thread I reminded myself that sometimes people do have to post multiple times. For example personal logs in the CCA thread etc.
But having this system that it won't auto-merge if a new post is made after 24 hours, it's much better.
Thanks Lynx! :D
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal