Author Topic: Looking for a graphics artist for a HUD/GUI, paying good  (Read 5837 times)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Looking for a graphics artist for a HUD/GUI, paying good
« on: July 12, 2012, 11:05:08 PM »
title. post any shit you've done in the past in this thread if you're interested, and don't bother posting if you aren't posting any previous work.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Re: Looking for a graphics artist for a HUD/GUI, paying good
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 07:31:20 AM »
Hmmm, this tingles my interest. How much are we talking about here?

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 06:52:18 PM »
Hmmm, this tingles my interest. How much are we talking about here?

anywhere from 10-50 dollars, depending on how good it is
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 07:13:29 PM »
Ahh sorry, that's a lot lower to what I thought it would have been. Probably would have been nice working with you and we could have had an awesome loading screen and everything.

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 07:29:24 PM »
it's not a lot of work at all otherwise I'd be paying a lot more.

Offline Thource

• Thorse, the Brit
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 08:00:46 PM »
What work is it?

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 08:06:51 PM »
What work is it?

"Looking for a graphics artist for a HUD/GUI, paying good"

Should come pretty obvious of the title of the thread :/
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 08:10:00 PM »
What work is it?

"Looking for a graphics artist for a HUD/GUI, paying good"

Should come pretty obvious of the title of the thread :/
lol yeah.

Also, is it possible to make the loading screen play a video or a GIF?

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 08:13:38 PM »
As far as I know the loading screen is pulled from a URL, but again as far as I am aware moving shit (videos/gifs) don't play while your loading, only when downloading files

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 08:38:33 PM »
Depends how long you are on the loading screen for, but you are right there, as soon as the client is properly connecting up the loading screen will become entirely static causing any video / animations to stop.

Music tracks will probably still play however, also how much work is it going to be on this HUD?
as if it isn't an awful lot as you have said then I might consider working this one out for you. (yes i am being serious)

Also if you don't know who I am; I pretty much made most of the HUD for OCRP, including loading screen etc., done a tonne of other stuff as well too much to list really. Slowly in development website gives rough idea of what i'm capable of with nothing really listed and not a lot of content, it will be finished one day: http://marcusnichols.com/dev

You can also have fun on a crappy flash game I made a while back as well: http://marcusnichols.com/dev/game.html

« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 08:40:26 PM by [UK] Captain McMarcus »

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 08:42:28 PM »
^ As long as you make it cleaner and better looking that OCRPs cluster fuck of orange it will be nice

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 08:49:59 PM »
Honestly, I put a tonne of ideas in for OCRP but they never followed up with any of it so I just done the icons they wanted. Hence why it turned into a clusterfuck. I was surprised to see how it turned out in the end but either way we pissed a lot of people off with the full orange colour scheme, haha xD

One of my ideas I suggested was to keep everything under a menu called up by a single key command, I have the prototype version somewhere but I might have deleted the entire OC folder off my old computer but it did turn into a clusterfuck, i didn't have much control over any of it. Just made the icons I was asked for as I mentioned earlier.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 09:49:23 PM »
Alright, I'll see what I can come up with.

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 10:21:36 PM »
This isn't for OCRP2 and we don't really need a loading screen(though if you want to make one for OCRP2 pm me and i'll pay for that cause that would be really nice)
This thread should only be for posting previous work so one of us can contact you.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 12:14:22 AM »
PM'ed you RoflWaffle

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal