Author Topic: What do you think about Conspiracy theory?  (Read 3246 times)

Offline â??Caricaâ??

• View Profile
    • Awards
What do you think about Conspiracy theory?
« on: July 10, 2012, 06:34:26 PM »
For example: UFO's, Zionism, FEMA, Poisoned foods, Chemtrail, ecc..?

I only belive if i got the proofs, and sometimes you can have them.

Your opinion?

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What do you think about Conspiracy theory?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 06:34:30 PM »
Conspiracies are just something that humans have because of the way our minds work. We will never be happy with the though that things are nice and peaceful and perfect so we purposely believe that things aren't as they seem so life is more interesting in general. Its just a pessimistic thing that people have, like with people believing the world will end or that the government is betraying them somehow, most of the time its just wishful thinking but sometimes shit happens. For example it is more widely believed now that the Guy forkes plot to blow up parliament was actually set up to make Catholics look bad (and it worked).

Conspiracies are more of a psychological effect for the majority of the time.
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

Offline Journeyman H. [UK]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 02:00:01 PM »
To me, there's 3 types of conspiracy theories;

1) The paranoid; They just think anything that is mentioned "NWO" is instantly a conspiracy. Any brand new ideas which are genuine seem to always somehow refer to the illuminati or some reptile alien species. Yeah. Retarded if you ask me.

2) The reasonable; They don't just claim everything is a conspiracy, they are aware of something is going on that the government does not want the normal citizens to know, some are well informed and actually look into it before they decide, they look at it at and actually check where the sources come from.

3) The "Question more"; They are skeptical on how the government runs, or wants people to portray someone else (Such as our supposed "War of Terrorism"), they ask more questions and want to find out the answers based on what they see, rather than a politician making claims or just saying that some country is bad because terrorists come from there.

To me, I find there are too many paranoid individuals, however don't claim a conspiracy theory is instantly false and ridicule it, sometimes the government/companies aren't always honest, and sometimes there is compelling evidence against it.
But to put it simply, if you are ever interested in any theories, ensure you find out what the motivation is, and what do they gain in succeeding it, don't listen to some conspiracies, such as the Haiti earthquake was caused by the US government, seeing as there's absolutely nothing to gain from it, or someone saying that a politician said "NWO" instantly means a conspiracy happened.

I've watched interesting documentaries that talk about how businesses works and how the government turns a blind eye to things. So it's not always the government, it can be businesses too.

Conspiracies have happened throughout history, such as Hitler getting the Nazi's to burn the Reichstag and then blaming it on German communists - and it worked perfectly well to convince Germans to not vote for the communist party and eventually forcefully kick out and exile the communist politicians.

Poisoned foods are not really a conspiracy theory - It's just so they can grow crops cheaply and make more money, just the chemicals they used just turn out to be harmful for us, but are not willing to change it because they want to grow it cheaply (or the chemical manufacturers don't want to lose money) - Which I normally call it "Business as usual".

Such as the Iraq war, just business as usual, banker's make profits from the government in debt, the oil companies make a killing from it, the weapon's manufacturers make a nice share too - Business as usual, no conspiracy, sure Saddam Hussein had used chemical weapons on citizens, which is completely wrong to use for any reason, but what Saddam did was a perfect excuse to profit from going to war in Iraq.

Clearly racist.

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 05:45:10 PM »
Well conspiracy theorists maybe have irrational ideas But that does not mean that they are mad
Sure people are paranoid
I mean we all are
Some people think lee harvey oswald shot jfk
I think that a CIA agent shot him
These are not mad ideas they are just proof that we have as i watched the movie JFK and JFK 2 the bush connection
And these give me the fact that the man could not pull the trigger

Offline Snakelure

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 10:37:29 PM »
I used to be all crazy into conspiracy theories and looked up all the stuff on youtube, did a lot of 'investigation'.. I was only like 10 years old. And my father had kind of been feeding me all this conspiracy stuff against the government and alexjones stuff. But i kinda grew out of it and figured out that my father has huge problems with the IRS and the government and all this crap. Now i know why my mother devorced him :P. But yeah i left him and now im living with my mom. I don't really pay attention to conspiracy theorys anymore, and i think some might be true. But honestly its not effecting me right now. SO i don't care, and i know thats really crappy to say that, But honestly,thats why a lot of people really don't care.
Characters in City 45

John Damon:Dead

Josh Everlee:Alive

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 12:52:21 AM »
I think conspiracy theories are stupid.... ESPECIALY the chemtrails one.  I am a pilot and I know who planes fly and function.  I just can't stop laughing when I hear that one!
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline Gallel

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 08:29:21 PM »
My aunt is a big conspiracy theorist. She post tons of conspiracy theories on facebook and it gets rather annoying. To me, it depends on the conspiracy. Some (well, a lot) are quite ridiculous, but there are a select few that seem logical. For example, when it comes to aliens and the government covering them up, I think that yeah, it's a major possibility. But if you look at some of the 9/11 conspiracies, they can just be plain weird. I just think depending on the conspiracy, some could be possible while others are just made up.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal