Author Topic: [SUGGESTION] Uprising?  (Read 4637 times)

Offline El Problemo?

• View Profile
    • Awards
[SUGGESTION] Uprising?
« on: July 08, 2012, 07:05:16 PM »
I was thinking that one day the server could have an uprising event. There would be several guns and ammo boxes at P3. There would be a large battle between the Combine and the Resistance. The resistance would have to make their way into the nexus and take it over, from floor 1 to highest point. The Combine would have to stop the resistance and get the weapons and ammo. If shot you would be able to come back because ICly a crap ton of backup would just be called.

The civilians would have to split up into groups.

To avoid people stealing weapons at the end of the event admins would tell people to drop the guns or the admin would Despawn them.

I thought this was a good idea and so did a lot of other people.
HL2RP Characters:

C45.CCA.GRID-03.826: Alive

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [SUGGESTION] Uprising?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 07:28:34 PM »
Sounds like HL2DM, sorry but this would take AGES to organise and it wouldn't promote RP. This is also very flawed as the resistance would have no way to access the nexus, this would also require owner auth which you'd never get.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 07:54:45 PM »
Sounds like HL2DM, sorry but this would take AGES to organise and it wouldn't promote RP. This is also very flawed as the resistance would have no way to access the nexus, this would also require owner auth which you'd never get.

This.
Besides HL2RP is about humanity's darkest days of oppression, not a webul shootout in the impossible-to-breach Nexus.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline El Problemo?

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 08:38:09 PM »
It doesn't have to be in the nexus. It could be around the nexus. You get the idea. Just imagine how the Rebels and CPs were shooting out in HL2RP That was what I meant.
HL2RP Characters:

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 01:59:44 AM »
It doesn't have to be in the nexus. It could be around the nexus. You get the idea. Just imagine how the Rebels and CPs were shooting out in HL2RP That was what I meant.

That what you've seen in HL2RP was whole Combine faction and the Citadel put into highest state of alarm; and they all used as much force as possible. If resistance attacked "just" our C45 Nexus, indeed it would be bad, but not as bad so it would have to look exactly like in HL2.

Although that, I must admit that this event could be actually running and funny, if the weapons were given to several roleplayers chosen by administrators, and if the weapons were stripped away from them after the event.

Offline Sectus

• Flutterbutter
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 11:06:37 AM »
I don't like the idea of just leaving weapons and ammo lying around in P3. This would too easily lead to minges getting their hands on them. While I don't like the idea of the event itself, if such a thing were to happen, I feel that guns should only be given to a few trusted individuals on the resistance side of things. The way things are run now, guns are very restricted, and Kronic doesn't really want any citizens to have guns. As far as I am aware, me and one or two other people are the only players that have citizens with guns.

I admit this event would be doable, but honestly it would kind of ruin it for other players that are just coming onto the server, or are new to HL2RP. Upon first hearing about this game mode, I was so happy to see it, and I'm sure if I had joined a server to see a bunch of shooting and gunfights, I probably would not have stuck around long. The whole experience of HL2RP is being in a state of oppression from the combine.

http://sectussection.tumblr.com - My Tumblr Review Page
https://twitter.com/Sectus12 - My Twitter Page

Offline El Problemo?

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 03:21:52 PM »
If the guns lead to mining that would lead to a ban. Thats why I said administrators would have to be on to control the situation so it doesn't get out of hand.
HL2RP Characters:

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 03:24:30 PM »
The idea of even giving people I see in P3 a gun seriously worries me.

It's a threat that even the adminges would struggle with.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 07:49:56 AM »
Lol, my CCA character has been ICly fortifying the Nexus for quite some time now. If shit starts to go down, it wouldn't be for long.

Anyway, random uprising thingy wouldn't promote RP. We have enough trouble as it is, with reasonably intelligent players combatRPing. The fact is, that 90% of the server has no clue how to act intelligently with a gun.
-sawpart
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline cj

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 02:49:50 AM »
This event is very unlikely. If you think you can gather the whole city to fight the COTA, CCA, Striders, APC's and honestly what will the outcome of this shotcop event be? Nothing. This event would need a long term preperation which would probaly not happen.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 02:51:52 AM by cj »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[SUGGESTION] Uprising?
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 08:37:35 AM »
An uprising would destroy all C45 RP as we know it. That means everyone who's worked hard on their character stories will lose them. We would have to start new. Thats not going to happen any time soon afaik.

Why must we restart? Well lets see. The city is so corrupt and sociocidal, the union sees it is unfit to remain. They send in what they can to wipe the city off the map.

<::||SENT FROM A MOBILE DATAPAD||::>

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 03:33:54 PM »
That would be extremely hard to RP without Meta Gaming. Also, as David said, this is supposed to be a very depressing atmosphere, living as prisoners in your own home, and this virtually unstoppable government that controls everything that happens to the world.

Offline Delete my account

• Money is good
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 07:27:32 PM »
Its a good idea but it would ruin the serous roleplay. But it sounds fun.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 12:08:23 AM »
Locked. Some necroposting going on here.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal