Author Topic: The Journal of Dawn White  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Journal of Dawn White
« on: July 03, 2012, 02:16:25 PM »
//This is a journal hidden on Dawn, using this info IC is meta unless I have shown these entries to you IClly!//

03/07/16

My name is Dawn White, my Citizen ID is #17753. Today marks my sixth day in City 45. I have been assigned an apartment; number 4B, it is where I write this, in this tattered blank journal bought for the last of my tokens, in this grimy and dusty room I shall recount my day-to-day experiences and commit them to word. A dangerous thing to do these days it seems.

Upon arrival, I found the station empty; the halls echoed almost as I cautiously walked, my dark shoes tapping the tiles. An empty station seemed like a blessing in all honestly, the train ride from City 42 had been a long one indeed with several stops along the way, Overwatch searching the train at each station, looking for "Anti-Citizens". The main plaza of C45 looks monotonously similar to C42's, the CPs have a large base at the corner of it, there are barricades leading to it's steel doors, passing the barricade is deemed trespassing can warrant death. The people here are far different here than my old city; they can even sell goods without being a member of the CWU! The CWU also give citizens work to do, of course, like in C42 there is the loyalist program. After my relocation from C42, my loyalist points were revoked as part of the transfer so I will have to start again if I want to pursue my goals of joining the Civil Authority.

Fortunately on my third day I was given the task of cleaning some windows by a Unit, the unit wore a long dark coat like thing, I had never seen such a unit before, it scared me. Once I had finished he added one point to my record, I decided to celebrate by reading; I read a personal favorite of mine "The Zen of The Union". Reading such things fills me with hope, to know that Our Benefactors are here to help and are helping us every single day.

Today I reported a man, I noticed him as I left my apartment; he was a bald, caucasian guy that looked around my age. The man dithered in the hallway glancing from one end to the other, he shook and trembled as he caught sight of me, I smiled and left quickly by way of the adjacent staircase from him, as I descended I heard a myriad of broadcasts, from them the message was clear; there was an Anti-Citizen in our block. I reached the landing of the concrete steps that lead to the building, I saw a unit, a Divisional Leader, she was darting around the Plaza at the time searching for the man. It was a hunch, just a little feeling about that man, I hovered around on the steps as I weighed it in my mind before taking the device from my pocket and calling it in as a "suspicious looking bald man in the UCH, it may be the anti-citizen..."

The unit then rushed past me, I headed to the main plaza as the unit headed to the apartment top floor. I waited a few minutes then I saw the unit emerge from the apartments, empty handed. She walked furiously over to the plaza and shouted in laborious monotone...
"Dawn White!?" I came up awkwardly from behind and accidentally addressed her as "Sir" but I quickly corrected myself and apologized hastily. She then told me to "point him out" from the citizens in the plaza who had all begun to gather round us. I studied the faces, looking for the bald man, there were two possible candidates but I picked the one I saw from the apartments out with ease; he was twitching almost, far more on edge than the other possible who stared dubiously at the bustle. I pointed him out and the suspect was dragged to the CCA headquarters. I was later called in for questioning and I gave my full story, was released and was rewarded two more points! Three points! Two to go!

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Journal of Dawn White
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 06:03:29 PM »
04/07/16

Not much happened today; I went for a walk, came back to find CP had busted my door, they were searching the block, for who though I'm not sure. I met a girl named Cindy, she's nice enough and let me stay with her for the time being. Her room was on the top floor and had a big hole in the side of it though so it was very cold all the time. I saw a new unit today, he was dressed very strangely and looked almost like a commanding CP. He was "inspecting" the UCH so I went for another walk, I come back to find the door to Cindy's room biolocked and all her stuff shifted into the hall. I haven't asked but I assumed the room was deemed unstable so we were relocated to a room down the hall.

Cindy is a little weird to be frank, she runs a store with a Russian guy called Uri. She was issued a warning by the same CP that gave me my first loyalty point; the unit warned her about a break in audio code. I'm not sure I want to befriend an Anit-Citizen, stuff like that looks bad. I won't have any problems reporting thing that go down in the UCH, the place is filled with suspicious goings on, I won't have to look far to get my last two points. 

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 07:36:06 PM »
05/07/16
They're all out to get me now... I can see it in each of them, everyone of them know that I'm loyal, they are not scared but angry.

I got one more point today, I recovered a piece of Anti-Union propaganda, some nonsense about a "Dr. V" I turned it in straight away. I was walking by the UCH, talking with some guy, when suddenly some jerk starts shouting about me and my loyalties to the Union. Fortunately a unit was on hand, she called in a team who sealed the UCH and searched for the violator, they found him and amp'd him. Do I feel bad for letting him die? No, of course not. He was against the Union, if anything I am saddened by his ignorance, it seems such a waste.

I later reported a Jamaican man for trying to break off the UCH biolock, the man was detained but then released due to the lackluster evidence against him. I saw him as he emerged, he had been beaten a bit also, he stared at me with such a powerful and quite frankly scary stare. I appear to be the talk of the block now, there is a girl; Michelle, she is rather against me, she likes to swear at me a lot so I'll use that to my case.

Just one more point to go and I'm off to apply.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 01:59:13 PM by Dallas »

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 06:30:30 PM »
06/07/16

Yes! Success! I am now a Loyalist! I have the armband to prove it, I am now able to apply for the CCA and become a gear in the grand machine of the Union! Words cannot express my pride and jubilation.
I got a whole 3 points today by reporting a disgusting individual in the station committing acts of UPA on herself. I was awarded 3 points for reporting her with her pants down, literally. This now means I have 7 points in total, exceeding the total needed for application. Unfortunately I still need to have lived in C45 for two weeks to be accepted so I will have to bear the UCH for another five days. The block seems to hold a grudge now, I have stopped going into P3 like I used to and I rarely walk around in the UCH for fear of mugging or worse.
Today I also showed a new arrival around, I found him almost passing the barricade, I told him it was breaking Union law and then proceeded to give him a tour of the plaza. I finished in the UCH where I showed him to a spare room that was as good as any other. The man's name was Edward, when he asked for mine I simply said 'Miss White' as I don't want to let everyone know me.
Upon returning to my room I read a couple of UU books; they set my mind at ease and made me proud of my accomplishments for the Union's occupation of Earth, no matter how small my tasks and reports they were all valid and acted upon.

I celebrated my new status by drinking my only can of Breen Water Special; it tasted like lemons, it tasted like a job well done. I may be inclined to celebrate with one in the future. Unfortunately half-way through our lawful drinking of Breen cans, along came Michelle; she started mouthing off as usual, swearing, protesting the Union, typical. I wiped that smile off her face good though when I called CP, they were there in a flash, they caught her as she tried to run from the UCH. She got shot in the leg and was dragged to the Nexus, from what I heard, she hs not come out yet. Good riddance I say, one less crease in the fabric of the Union.

Just four more days and I'm out of here.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:02:33 PM by Dallas »

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 08:11:23 PM »
07/07/16

Another eventful day indeed. It looks like Michelle has been amp'd so that problem has been fixed.
I reported a deal between two citizen concerning painkiller contraband, I reported it straight away; it turned out one of them was an aspiring loyalist that was luring the other into a deal. Do I feel bad his points were re-set? No. A loyalist should never involve themselves in that. I was rewarded another three points by a very nice unit from GRID; he said he had a "soft spot" for loyalists and gave me an extra point to encourage more good reports. My point total is now ten! I now get an extra reward ration due next cycle, only three more days till I enlist also.
The UCH was raided three times today, once was one of my requests made against an audio violator. I've moved out of Cindy's, I have my own room now, I met with another loyalist called Zack. Zack was a nice guy and was also interested in applying to the Civil Authority, perhaps he may be my co-croot?

In summary: nine points, three days to go...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 08:27:43 PM by Dallas »

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 08:26:06 PM »
08/07/16

**The page is smudged my multiple teardrops, some words may prove unreadable**

I was attacked today... this man jumped me as I came to my apartment, he said he was going to show me what h***ns to Loyali*** around here. He hit me in the cheek, the scar will stay for a good few months at least, I managed to fend him off then lock myself in the bathroom and called CP for help. Two units arrived; 999 and 605, they kicked the door in and secured me, 999 seemed quite... ******* he was even tried to reason with the man, once he was refused, 999 had decided to amputate. The other unit, 605, was a NOVA so he fixed up my cut nicely, it will scar though. I asked him about NOVA and he explained enough to me; I now know that the only way to make people see the true greatness of the Union is **** by opening their eyes to what we can accomplish. When I **list I will aim for NOVA, so that through me my actions will teach others the great things the Union does for us.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal