Author Topic: Adam Raven's Authorization Application  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Klashy

• ( . Y . )
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Adam Raven's Authorization Application
« on: July 01, 2012, 05:21:03 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: oG ] Klashy | Ryan Carter
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 4 Years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2 Years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
I'm applying to have authorization for a small sharpened pipe that I tore off an old cargo container found in the P3 Canals.

Name: Adam Raven
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
My character was with his friend, Anthony Del Grosso. They were mugged by two black people that attempted to put us at knife point, we were forced to give up our tokens.

Once we gave up our tokens, we hid in the darkest place we could find to hide from the gangsters. We saw an old cargo container in the canals we in habiteted, we went over, and tried pulling some of the piping off the back. It finally tore off, but the pipe was too long. We tried to break it over a cinder block and bend it over and over until the pipe was about 6 inches of length. We used a cloth from our sleeve to create a handle for it. And used the concrete ground to sharpen the end to the best of our abilty.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
The perks I will gain from this authorization will be a self defense, and or offensive weapon that might assist my character in fights to survive. I will also use it as a tool to do other things, such as cut cloth for rope, open cans or other devices that might require a hard sharp edge.

Defects
I will have a level 1 contraband item on my person at all times.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to use the knife in self defense or offense in a fight. The defects will keep me from spending much time in the P1 area of town.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
None of my other characters are going to need this authorization.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
I love catalyst gaming, most importantly, I love the one reading this the most.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Adam Raven's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 05:34:50 PM »
You need more detail, maybe what the area specifically looked like, the time you were mugged (approx.) a description on the people that mugged you (clothing,etc) be very specific.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Klashy

• ( . Y . )
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 05:58:27 PM »
To be honest, It doesn't get much more simpler than this, Purple. It happened a long time ago, If I don't get the auth, i'm probably going to just delete the character.

And besides, I'm not asking for a full fledged combat knife, I'm asking for a simple piece of pipe, that shouldn't need an authorization in the first place.

EDIT:The people that mugged me have nothing to do with how I obtained the pipe, is basically all that I'm saying, I told you how I obtained the pipe, me and my friends tore it off of a cargo container, broke it over a cinderblock, and sharpened it. It's a pipe. It's not a gun, it is really something VERY simple. Should require all these specific details.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 06:02:43 PM by oG] | [cG] Klashy »

Offline ReDrUm?´´?´°

• RedFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 06:32:14 PM »
To be honest, It doesn't get much more simpler than this, Purple. It happened a long time ago, If I don't get the auth, i'm probably going to just delete the character.

And besides, I'm not asking for a full fledged combat knife, I'm asking for a simple piece of pipe, that shouldn't need an authorization in the first place.

EDIT:The people that mugged me have nothing to do with how I obtained the pipe, is basically all that I'm saying, I told you how I obtained the pipe, me and my friends tore it off of a cargo container, broke it over a cinderblock, and sharpened it. It's a pipe. It's not a gun, it is really something VERY simple. Should require all these specific details.

When you first join the server, there's a question asking "What is roleplaying about?" The two optional answers are "Getting weapons" and "Developing your character." What I get from "I'm deleting the character if I don't get this auth" is an under-developed character, and that your only concern is getting weapons. I don't support allowing an undeveloped character to have a weapon.

Sorry, not trying to be a dick, just my opinion.

C45.CCA.S4-OfC.280 | HEALTHY | Head of Section 4 Support
Rokus Relici | UNKNOWN | Standard P3 Criminal Scum
Kaylin Jacobs | HEALTHY | Accepted into the CWU

Offline Klashy

• ( . Y . )
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 07:10:36 PM »
The only reason I said that is because I really don't care about the character in the first place, second off, before auth's were even needed, I had the damned pipe. I'm very familliar with what roleplaying is about, and that's why I generally don't give a shit about getting this weapon, It's just annoying that I've had it IC for SO LONG... and now all the sudden I get on him and need an auth for the pipe. It's just a tedious annoying thing I have to go through that I really don't care much about it. Regardless, purple is asking for majorly irrelevant information that is almost impossible to restore. It doesn't get any simpler than the application above. Found a pipe, broke it to be smaller, sharpened it, put it in my pocket. I just don't get why this is a big deal.

Offline Sectus

• Flutterbutter
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 07:18:08 PM »
Deleting the character seems like a major overreaction to me. You act like the only plot point to your character is having the pipe, which I am sure it isn't. Characters are not defined by the weapons they have, rather, they are defined by the characteristics and quirks they display. You shouldn't allow not having a weapon to be the reason to delete your character.

http://sectussection.tumblr.com - My Tumblr Review Page
https://twitter.com/Sectus12 - My Twitter Page

Offline Klashy

• ( . Y . )
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 07:23:05 PM »
Okay, I'm not trying to over re-act. It's just a stupid civi character. I just don't understand why I need a completely irrelevant piece of information to have the pipe that I've used for my civi's entire life span. Either accept or deny the application, I don't really care.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 05:58:49 PM »
If the character is no longer of interest to you to develop on then there is no reason to get an authorization to build on an already dead character.

-support

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 06:13:20 PM »
 It is suggested that you make a suggestion thread on what you want to complain about.

Offline Klashy

• ( . Y . )
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 06:34:01 PM »
What are you talking about ? Why is this such a big deal?

Offline Klashy

• ( . Y . )
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 07:19:58 PM »
I'm going to have to ask for this thread to kindly be locked/denied.

My reasoning:

Through cross examination, I've found out that the character was made AFTER authorizations had been initiated, and I didn't know about it, and it was still a relevantly new thing then, and I simply just didn't fill it out relevant to the time of me having the weapon.

Statua and I agreed that if I want the pipe, I need to redo the RP, and have more details, which isn't interesting to me whatsoever, seeing as how I did it almost a year ago.

By not caring about my character, I meant that I have 3 OTHER characters that are CWU/CCA, and that I frankly don't care about this civilian, It's a civilian. A civilian.

The knife wasn't used to hurt people or to steal things or anything like that, just as a tool my character has all ways had to use for opening boxes, can, and here and there, self defense.

Having provided the genuine RP that I put into this character obtaining the knife, pipe, metal rod, whatever, and passively rping a bacterial infection that I contracted through it being obtained, it just simply isn't worth it, nearly 6 months later.

If I want to have a character with a pipe, I'll just make a new one, or something, and do the authorization as needed in a relevant amount of time.

Sorry that I wasted so much of all of your guys' time. I apologize.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 07:22:40 PM »
Locked and moved due to users request. I hope to see an auth app from you soon for the same thing with a new character. (Maybe)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal