Author Topic: Fallout or Skyrim?  (Read 9757 times)

Offline Alm

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Fallout or Skyrim?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 03:28:51 PM »
I prefer Skyrim because its a pretty cool game, BUT! theres to much travel time in it.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 02:39:56 AM »
I loved Fallout 3. That's a game I can go back and play over and over again. The only reason why I play Skyrim again is because of mods and stuff.

I haven't ever played Fallout 3 with mods installed.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline DraKkar

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [GMR2 Award] City Circuit Record
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 03:30:07 AM »
To me it seems as skyrim is more extensive to me (more side quest and goodies) as just the game itself and no dlc or anything i usually just play the main story line and dont bother with any else unless its DLC.

Though i have to say Fallout 3 has an amazing story and intresting to play through and thus how they extended its ass kicking with an dlc that extends the story further.
FalloutNV however feels alil cut shorter so it seems more fitting to the vet of fallout games while the new guy happens to be dumb struck with all the new features of the game.

Skyrim i felt as i said more extensive on its side quest. but still offers a good story the least. Plus the new DLC coming which will involve vampires which ill pick up skyrim again for that.

In my hand i'd vote for the fallout series sorry but fallout 3 and NV have currently more bright sides in my eyes. :)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:32:16 AM by DraKKar »

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 03:34:32 AM »
Skyrim. Massive freerom, and along with a medevil setting. The many diffrent bows,sword, and paths you can take in the game are all amazing. I played mage myself. Fall out or Skyrim you will still get some glitches however. In conclusion I would have to go with Skyrim.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline Pepper??¢

• C17.CCA.S3.716
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 04:00:03 AM »
Well Skyrim was like an "WOW" experience..  and i has a great mod-system.. but i just think it went the same really quick.. on the other hand Fallout.. Man i cant get enough of that.. even though I've finished fallout 3 and fallout NV i still play it just to find new hidden quests :D!

So.... Fallout <3
Hl2rp Characters:

James Newtown - Alive ( Outlands )
Mike Jensen - Alive ( CWU )
Sarah Laruasen - Dead "Grid OfC Broke her neck"

Zeko Jilly - Alive ( City 45 )
C45.CCA.GRID.716 - 04 - Alive (Nexus)

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2012, 12:52:47 PM »
I got bored of skyrim after hitting level 23.

Fallout 3 though I've gotten to around level 40 before getting bored.

So it would have to be fallout for me.

Offline N.k

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 04:09:19 PM »
Fallout and skyrim are two whole different games.  Fallout is a post apocalyptic role play game where you explore the world having gunfights, helping wastelanders, being an all out murderer, etc.  Skyrim is a game where you are the dragonborn, an adventurer in medieval times fighting dragons, skeletons, and anything you find!  It doesn't use guns or anything but it's still pretty fun.  I haven't played Fallout much so I prefer Skyrim.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 03:52:34 PM »
While I love Skyrim, I must go for Fallout. I have spent almost 600 hours in the Capital Wastes and around 560 in New Vegas, the games just have such a strong atmosphere to them, just exploring the world over and over offers different thing to be seen every time. I've even taken to attaching myself to trade caravans and moving with them/protecting them as the go from town to town.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Ponikvar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2012, 10:01:05 PM »
Fallout, The slightly creepy feeling you get keeps you awake slightly longer if pulling an all nighter.

Offline tdabamf1

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2012, 02:25:12 AM »
Got bored of both games in less than 5 hours, I guess I'm not much of an RPG gamer, but I like MMORPG's. It's sorta weird, right?

Offline â??Caricaâ??

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2012, 04:34:12 PM »
IMHO, They are both boring. Fallout it's cool, but in 20 minutes you will be bored as hell. Skyrim.. well, overrated. Good, but nothing special.

Offline BeastOTE

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2012, 10:01:24 PM »
Fallout 3 is my all time favorite game, and in my opinion one of the pioneers in One Player Roleplay. It combines deep development and content with a format that literally opens up a world for you to explore at your own pace. Skyrim was a great game, but in all reality, the map was designed to make it linear, which to me defeats the purpose of "open world". When Vault 101 opened, sure the door pointed toward Megaton, but all sides were open and you could take any path you chose; as opposed to Skyrim, where the only legit "IC" choice is to follow an NPC to the nearest town, then be sent up a road to the next. I think it was less entertaining because it limits the adventure, unless you disobey the game and stray from the clearly over-beaten path.

Also, the writing of Fallout 3 was amazing. The most unimportant characters had their own stories and consistent personalities, where as in Skyrim, the only characters with any individuality are directly quest related.

Let me know what you think.

Offline BeastOTE

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2012, 10:09:55 PM »
Before anyone jumps on my last post, I know Fallout 3 came WAY late to the party as far as RPG's go, but being a huge fan of RPGs, old and new, I felt that Fallout 3 introduced another dimension to gaming by adding character development and even self-discovery (with the Karma system and emotional response from NPCs when you aren't trying to solicit either one) in a way older games and other new games failed to do. That is why I feel it is a pioneer, because it introduces something new to the genre as a whole.

Offline codex

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 02:06:11 AM »
I would say Skyrim, it is a much more immersive game in my opinion and I believe Bethesda took much more time with Skyrim than they had with fallout.

Offline Gallel

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 02:07:58 AM »
I personally prefer Skyrim. Fallout can get boring after consistent hours of playing and isn't very immersive. Skyrim, to me at least, has better reply value along with it being much more immersive. There is a larger map and many more locations to go to, so in the end, I choose skyrim

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal