Author Topic: Arma 2 Server.  (Read 12048 times)

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Arma 2 Server.
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 05:51:31 PM »
Yes, people may play it around here, but I doubt anyone else would play it.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 09:43:58 PM »
Isn't it the goal to get more people to join ? A DayZ server will surely get a ton of players interested to join CG
Lol, seriously?
So how many communities have you joined so far since you played DayZ? Must be a ton since I bet you joined at least 20 different servers if not more.

Oh yeah that's right. At DayZ you join a random US/Seattle/Whatever server and you don't even know who hosts it.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline jogador roxo

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 04:09:58 PM »
Lol, seriously?
So how many communities have you joined so far since you played DayZ? Must be a ton since I bet you joined at least 20 different servers if not more.

Oh yeah that's right. At DayZ you join a random US/Seattle/Whatever server and you don't even know who hosts it.

No, I join servers that has low pings and good set up (Time Zone, Delay, Difficulty etc) I dont join random servers, sorry, but you are wrong there, and If people like your server, they will set up a camp and play there.

Offline SirTai

• *~(Jason Brody Wannabe)~*
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 12:02:24 AM »
And I'm necroposting.

But its a DAMN good suggestion.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 04:10:28 AM »
I think we should assign teams and shit, so that we could organize events such as in CHKilroys videos (If you enjoy Arma I seriously reccomend looking him up on youtube). So yeah, has my support.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Bubbajoe

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 02:41:49 AM »
Chernearus life servers almost always suck
Craphead announces ocrp 2... Rofl orders more hotwings

Offline [RS] Fallen

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 10:04:29 PM »
I think this is a great idea!
CG Can place up a Arma 2 server to replace the minecraft server.
The DayZ mod is so great!
More or less. I think this is a good idea to have in CG.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 10:10:41 PM »
If we were to even consider ArmaII as a platform for us to host a server, we probably wouldn't do it in Day-Z, and here's why.

Creating a Day-Z server is like a Left 4 Dead server in many ways. People will join, go about their business and pay no mind to what's allowing them to do that. What I'm saying is, there's no room for our community there. You don't join a server because a community you are a part of owns it, you join it because it has good players and a low ping.

On the flip side of that, to run a Day-Z server, you also need to be authorized. This is because of how the gamemode handles player position and items. Their master servers run all item placement and player position.

If we WERE to have a Day-Z server, however, we would probably password it or perhaps find a way to edit to to only allow member from CG. If anyone knows how we can connect it to an SQL server, we would be glad to do it.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2012, 10:51:43 PM »
It's not hard to get authorisations for a DayZ server, it's mainly specifications and not passwording the server. Oh also, if CG was to get a DayZ server I'd probably make it my main server to play on, as I'm sure others would; but it wouldn't necessarily draw in new people to the community.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2012, 11:01:37 PM »
I would play on the CG DayZ server (If we had one) as like the main server I play on. DayZ is a lot of fun, and even more fun if you have a group of people to run around with.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2012, 11:13:38 AM »
Pretty sure you aren't allowed to password and private your DayZ servers or they blacklist it in the master server, just checked the Server Hosting rules here.

Offline Kryptic

• I have downsyndrome
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2012, 04:34:52 PM »
I would play on the CG DayZ server (If we had one) as like the main server I play on. DayZ is a lot of fun, and even more fun if you have a group of people to run around with.

cow me and you would have the best shit in the server ;D
\r\n
[CG:SA] OzJackal has banned OzJackal for 12 hours (Gonna be very drunk, will probably do something dumb if I reconnect - its for my own good lol).

Offline El Problemo?

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2012, 11:24:45 PM »
DayZ pisses me off. 95% Of the people who bought Arma 2 was only FOR DayZ. Those people don't even know anything about arma.
HL2RP Characters:

C45.CCA.GRID-03.826: Alive

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2012, 08:53:41 AM »
DayZ pisses me off. 95% Of the people who bought Arma 2 was only FOR DayZ. Those people don't even know anything about arma.

There is a fair few of us who got ArmA 2 (or had it bought for us in some cases) before DayZ even came out/even heard of it, and played missions and patrols together. I don't personally do the campaign for ArmA 2 and the DLCs, but I like setting up missions via editor and playing them for that sense of immersion, roleplaying-ish (if you can even call it that) and just for fun.

DayZ has already bored the shit out of me now, last time I played was when I went up with Nicknero, TOMASAS and someone else to the NW Airfield and Nick got shot in the face. I still have a gillie suit and M16 with a shit ton of ammo for it, but I don't find it fun anymore. Another thing is that DayZ servers use up a shit ton of CPU and bandwidth so I have no idea if the box can even handle it.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2012, 08:31:01 AM »
Not allowed to password DayZ.

Also, the way hive(being the database) is just an addon into the server setup means you cant change anything with it, so making it 'cg member' only won't work in any way, and will get your server blacklisted within about 2 seconds.

And with box specs, arma is mainly for CPU and, you will also need good bandwith, though i expect you guys would have at least 2tb+(which is dayz minimum for about a 30 slot)
what

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal