Author Topic: Arma 2 Server.  (Read 12043 times)

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Arma 2 Server.
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2012, 10:18:10 AM »
Like I said, we aren't putting up a Day-Z server because we have nothing to benefit from it. Our Garry's Mod servers bring in donations, Day-Z would bring in donations for them.

If you can name one good way that Catalyst-Gaming as a whole can benefit from a Day-Z server, I promise I will put one up that day.

Offline rainbow dash

• the unlawful barbaric scumbag
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2012, 11:54:21 PM »
As soon as I saw this topic, I thought DayZ or some zombie mod. xD

Offline SirTai

• *~(Jason Brody Wannabe)~*
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2012, 12:41:41 AM »
Like I said, we aren't putting up a Day-Z server because we have nothing to benefit from it. Our Garry's Mod servers bring in donations, Day-Z would bring in donations for them.

If you can name one good way that Catalyst-Gaming as a whole can benefit from a Day-Z server, I promise I will put one up that day.

First, it would advertise the Catalyst-gaming community. Most of them will not own garry's mod, but you don't only have Gmod servers, you have Halo, CS:S and MineCraft, which given enough effort, could bring in more donations.
Secondly, if you advertise frequently about the DayZ server, you can easily keep it up and running. It's really cheap and easy to manage and with enough advertise on CG's website, you can clearly keep it up.
(Its $35 USD on HFBServers.com)

Most of our community already plays the game. Some of them have even donated to other servers. What you'd be doing is, you'd be gathering these people together, giving them a quality server, a server where you know most of the active players, which is REALLY gonna improve their experience making stuff like a trading camp, or bus rides, possible and less likely to be ruined instantly.

So yeah. We'd love it.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2012, 02:20:27 AM »
Halo was a server I set up to play around with, it's not an officially CG sponsored server. We don't have a minecraft server anymore and we technically never did. MC1 was hosted by my friend Derk, I decided to advertise it here, it's since been removed from the status bar. MC2 was ran by Adam or Ari or whoever it was and that's gone now too. So no, we only have gmod servers (yes, and css, but no one plays that so I don't really count it).

We wouldn't need to pay a host, we could sufficiently run it ourselves for free.

But what I don't see is how the server would bring donations. It's a gamemode that is not unique to us and would not be administrated by us in any way. Basically, it's like a left 4 dead server. There is no reason to host one aside from advertising and wanting to support THEIR community.

Yea, we know you guys would like one, and like the novelty of playing on a Catalyst-Gaming Day-Z server, but it's just not in our best interest. If waffle thinks different, I guess I'll put it up, but until then, I recommend the Roosterteeth servers. GMT-9 and hosted by a fantastic community of gamers.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2012, 05:26:01 AM »
Actually, you would need to administrate it yourselves but you can only ban for racism and hacking or have your server blacklisted. Pretty gay.
what

Offline rainbow dash

• the unlawful barbaric scumbag
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2012, 01:03:14 PM »
Yeah, you don't get many options for a DayZ server, the staff of the mod are really the only ones who actually control the server's features and etc.

Offline Tapir!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2012, 12:26:15 PM »
I don't like the 'life' RPs in arma. they aren't that great. They remind me too much of DarkRP or something like it that's not as smooth of a game.

We should definatley get a dayZ server though, and possibly even a Co-op server or something. mods like ACE, ACRE, and CBA, make for a fun, and very realistic experience.

Offline Snakelure

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2012, 10:55:57 PM »
As soon as I saw this topic, I thought DayZ or some zombie mod. xD

Yeah me too. but i think a dayZ server would get a lot of attention. But as someone brought up no one really cares about the host So
Characters in City 45

John Damon:Dead

Josh Everlee:Alive

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2012, 09:43:17 AM »
Dayz 100% Pisses me off because way to many new CoD players are getting ARMA2 thinking its CoD running around trieing to quick scope(One guy actually tried to do that on me] Ive been playing arma for 4 years and let me to you its not even arma anymore due to dayz.

Offline tdabamf1

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2012, 04:38:54 PM »
DayZ is a horrible mod to start with, not even worth putting on CG. DayZ is horribly scripted, and the zombies are very un-realistic as they could run extremly fast even though there limbs are basicly rotting off their bodies. I hate DayZ. Arma should be played how it was inteneded to be, a military simulator, not a retarded zombie game where the zombies look like fucking monkies on crack. But it would be cool if we had a multiplayer server that wasn't DayZ.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal