Author Topic: How to effectively and fairly run/escape from RP | GUIDE  (Read 4662 times)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
How to effectively and fairly run/escape from RP | GUIDE
« on: June 11, 2012, 06:26:55 PM »
Fairly Escaping from RP

Due to the number of "minge runners" or people just unfairly running from RP, I'm going to write a short OPINION BASED guide on how to fairly escape from a Unit or any RP in general.

-
Step 1 - Check
First of all, are you sure you could make an attempted escape in-character? Assuming you're a citizen in the city you're most likely very underfed and weak - is it even possible for you to try to force an escape from an encounter with a unit? Maybe a recruit or an 05 - but think about these things before even beginning to plan an escape/run.

Step 2 - Planning
Okay, so for whatever reason you feel that your character has a decent chance of being able to force an escape. Great, now we start planning. How are you going to escape? You can't just "/me runs" - that's pretty lame. Are you going to try and smack the Unit in the face before trying to run off? What about trying to push him over? This should still be checked against your strength and the Unit's rank, I'm sure you know but you're not going to be pushing over Officers in the city.

Step 3 - Escaping, part 1
Now it's time. Think about your actions both IC and OOC. A good example would be something like "/me thrusts a closed fist towards the Unit's facemask before attempting to run past him." This is good because not only is there zero powergame (a Unit can easily respond with an attempt to block that - here's where PTL(play-to-lose) and deciding between each other who would "win" comes into play). Let's say the Unit is nice and lets you succeed. Great! Time to sprint off I guess?

Step 4 - Escaping, part 2
NO - please please don't just hold shift and run off at this point. This is the most important part! STAY there to continue roleplaying with the Unit! Neither of you can successfully /me your actions while sprinting across the Plaza! Stay with the Unit and keep doing /me's such as "/me is successful in running past the unit, he picks up pace as he runs off around the corner." - which could then be met with a Unit's response "/me slowly recovers from the sudden hit, drawing his pistol as he tries to take aim." - you get the idea, LET the RP continue, don't just run off - it's an RP server after all.

Step 5 - Escaped
So now you've got away after some lovely detailed /me's and role play - so now you run back into the Plaza and have another go? Well it would make a lot more sense for your character to try staying low at this point, you don't want to be found right now after all. Well done for presumably getting this far and NOT mingerunning off!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 02:46:31 PM by smt »

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How to effectively and fairly run/escape from RP | GUIDE
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 08:11:15 PM »
Good job

If only we had somebody to put this into the guides section of the tab-directory... :/
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 09:11:03 PM »
thank you for this guide, someone should sticky this

only problem:
This is good because not only is there zero metagame powergame (a Unit can easily respond with an attempt to block that - here's where PTL(play-to-lose) and deciding between each other who would "win" comes into play). Let's say the Unit is nice and lets you succeed. Great! Time to sprint off I guess?

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 09:19:02 PM »
Editing on my phone is shit - might have fucked it up but I fixed that ^ thanks

Offline MB | Alexx

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 05:39:35 PM »
This guide is great.. Only if everyone new had to read it..

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 09:20:07 PM »
I approve of this guide. Good work SMT.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 01:05:10 PM »
Stickied. Surprised nobody else did that.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 01:17:12 PM »
Stickied. Surprised nobody else did that.

thank you

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 05:42:59 PM »
Suprised nobody else saw this and or made a comment about it:

Are you going to try and smack the Unit in the face before trying to run off?

So, are you going to punch a solid metal facemask and hope you don't break your knuckles?
More so it would be to push the Unit out of the way in an attempt to make them stumble, not just break your hand and then have to PainRP it.  :'(
I have to kill fast and bullets too slow...

RoflWaffle: tryharding is a good thing in a way

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal