Author Topic: Jennifer Hanson's Authorization Application  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jennifer Hanson's Authorization Application
« on: June 07, 2012, 11:43:01 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Sheriff Sandy Cheeks
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): ~Five years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: ~Two and a half years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
*Advanced Craftsman skils
*Intermidiate Medical Knowledge/Skills
*Antlion Leg Blade
*Intermidiate hunting/cooking skills

Name: Jennifer Hanson
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Jennifer Hanson was born and raised by the US-Canadian border north of Seattle Washington. Her father, a lumberjack for a local wood-cutting company, doubled as a skilled craftsman. While he wasn't hard at work cutting down trees, he would be creating furniture, tools, and many other things not only for his own family, but for selling as well. Jennifer's father had always hoped to have a son. Once he had Jennifer though, he was deeply sadenned due to the fact that she wouldn't want to things with him. What happened was quite the opposite, however.

Jennifer began to work with her father by the age of five. She first assisted him with making bsaic toys, maybe a chair everynow and then. She learned the basic skills of wood-crafting from her father, and soon began to get more advanced as she grew older. By the age of thirteen, Jennifer was already able to craft full pieces on her own, and began to use metal in her pieces, creating shovels, axes and other tools and items. Living in the midst of the forest, her father taught her ow to go about hunting small animals. After killing these creatures, Jennifer would do the one thing she really spent time with her mother doing, cooking. She learned how to throw together a quick, decent meal from the various creatures she's hunted ranging from rabbits to birds, to the occasional deer her father took down. Life was decent for Jennifer, that is, until the portal storms came.

Jennifer and her mother were in a generally safe spot for the first storm. They were inside their cabin. At most, a few branches hit their roof, a few older trees collapsing in the forest around them. For the duration of the storm, all Jennifer was able to think about was herself. Both her and her mother were relieved when the storm passed and they were both intact. They wouldn't have been so happy if they had known what had happened to Jennifer's father.

While Jennifer and her mother were in a somewhat safe spot, her father couldn't have been in a worse. He was climbing his way up a tree when the wave of portal energy ravaged through their part of the forest. All would have been fine if he was attatched with hi safety cable, as the tree did not collapse. But the tree wasn't very tall, and he had assured his workers that he wouldn't fall. The wave knocked him clear off the tree, flinging him a good 100 meters. But he didn't hit the ground. He was impaled five feet from it on the edge of a sharp branch. Killed instantly.

Once Jennifer and her mother had heard the news of his death, they were in grief. But the looming danger of Earth's new inhabitants, the Xenians, drove them to re-locate to Seattle, behind the saftey of the Government's fences and soldiers. Once there, Jennifer had a difficult time finding work. The only place she could find it was in a field hospital for soldiers and refugees who were in conflict with Xenian creatures outside the city limits. While there, she recieved basic first aid traning, as well as training on how to stitch wounds, attempt to stop bleeding, and things of that nature. While she wasn't extremely gifted at it, she did the best she could to help people survive. Something she'd need once the Union came knocking on Earth's door.

Jennifer lived a similar life to most civilians of the Union after the Seven Hour War. She was re-located away from her mother, put in some dumpy, run-down apartment and suppresed. After a long while of sitting around in City 45, her husband, who she had married a month before the Combine Invasion, contacted her. He has made his was from City 44 to find her, and convined Jennifer to go to the Outlands. Along the way to the pass, her husband, her brother-in-law, and a few of their friends were killed, all by different reasons. This bring us to her current state...

Sitting around in the pass awaiting some friends, Jennifer was waiting in the inn at Belle's town when antlions swarmed the place. She recieved a few injuries during the fighting, but managed to bravely kill and antlion guard and a few other antlion soldiers. Using the end of one of the soldier's legs, she tore of the sharp shelling. After clearing the inside out and solidfying it with some leather straps, she went to work on sharpening the edge. After a few hour of hard work and grinding against stone, she had created a formidable stabbing weapon, ready to take on whatever awaited her in the dangerous pass.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Advanced crafting knowledge by my definition would be the ability to create tools such as axes, shovels, etc. It would also lead to the ability to add sight improvements to current weapons and create various contraptions (A small snare trap, a woode barricade, a small sling shot trap, etc.)

With intermidiate medical skills, I would know the baic ideas and procedures for first aid, have the ability to stitch wounds, have the knowledge to get some kind of idea on the severity of the injuries people substain.

The knife would be able to be used in combat, obviously.

The basic hunting and cooking skills would allow me to hunt small animals (If any of them even exist?) and know how to prepare basic meals (Because everyone loves antlion stew, amirite?)

Defects
I would need to dedicate a lot of time and effort in to obtain materials for my work. Also, people are bound to ask me to create stuff for them, which will get annyoing OOCly.

Since Jennifer is not an expert with medicine and medical related things, she's bound to make mistakes sometimes and be limited to certain situations.

The knife is not sharp enough to be used for slashing in anyway. The only real use would be with actual stabbing. Also, the antlion knife itself would not be very stable, and may break.

People may hate on my cooking. Unless you think antlion stew tastes like chicken.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I not only plan to create cool scenes and scenarios with this, but I would like to create a name for myself with them as ell. Everytime I've gone onto the Outlands, I just haven't been able to get super into it. With these authorizations, I plan on not only creating fun roleplay scenarios for others, but for myself as well so I'll want to go on more and more. And besides, we need more antlion stew in the Outlands.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
-N/A-

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
Antlion stew. It apparently tastes like chicken. So vote for me for President, 2012!

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jennifer Hanson's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 01:33:42 AM »
The backstory was generally well-written and covers how your character came to acquire these authorisations, so I'll give my support.

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jennifer Hanson's Authorization Application
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 02:51:43 PM »
Authorization accepted

I'm happy to authorize this, the backstory is well written and makes sense, along with the support of OzJackal i'm going to give it my big green seal of approval. There's not much else to be said, so feel free to start immediately acting out these authorizations.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal